Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanilla more difficult then Nexerelin? Ship recovery  (Read 1240 times)

ArthurDent81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Vanilla more difficult then Nexerelin? Ship recovery
« on: March 16, 2020, 03:04:49 AM »

I am new to the game. After my first run I decided to install Nexerelin. It is a great mod, but I noticed that it is easier then vanilla. The most start options are easier (no problem with that). It is nice to see the factions fighting each other. What I do not understand is, that they do not recover their ships at the end of the battle (or do they?).That said, I was able to recover a large number of battleships right from the start. Is it intended to be like this or should it be changed?

Cheers Arthur

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla more difficult then Nexerelin? Ship recovery
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 05:11:19 AM »

That also happens in vanilla. You can also find random derelicts floating in hyperspace.

ArthurDent81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 05:41:45 AM »

That also happens in vanilla. You can also find random derelicts floating in hyperspace.

Yes, you can find some ships in Vanilla. In Nexerelin you can find much bigger ships more often. Just park your fleet next to a faction battle and wait.

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 01:30:41 PM »

Yes, you can find some ships in Vanilla. In Nexerelin you can find much bigger ships more often. Just park your fleet next to a faction battle and wait.
You can park near battles in vanilla as well.

In Nexerelin you're probably having more battles, so more ships.