Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Colony Policies  (Read 1453 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Colony Policies
« on: March 15, 2020, 11:44:19 PM »

Colony Policies are a way for players to add bonuses and maluses to their colonies. They affect colonies individually. They go into effect the month after they are enacted (same time as monthly crew/marine pay and industry profit/loss) if they aren't policies that have longer delays.

Each colony has it's own amount of policy points. All colonies have minimum colony points equal to one third of their size (rounded down) by default. Having an administrator grants one point starting from next month after they're appointed. Each admin skill grants one point starting from next month after they're gained (maybe one point per two skills if that's too much). Points can be purchased with credits, cost goes up with planet size. They can be gained from enacting some policies, amount gained depending on the policy.

Policies can have conditions required before they're enacted, like min/max hazard ratings, min/max population size, presence or absence of industries etc.

I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Policies
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 07:04:05 PM »

This sounds like it could be interesting, but what exactly would these policies do?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 05:07:18 AM »

Hippity hoppity this idea is now my property
-colony modding gang

seriously though, if you're fine with it, i'll be stealing the core of that idea. Maybe not your exact implementation, but something along the lines.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:10:57 AM by SirHartley »

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

Hippity hoppity this idea is now my property
-colony modding gang

seriously though, if you're fine with it, i'll be stealing the core of that idea. Maybe not your exact implementation, but something along the lines.
No problem!

This sounds like it could be interesting, but what exactly would these policies do?
Change pather success chances, increase/decrease accessibility, fleet size, ground defense, increase/reduce industry income, maybe even units produced/consumes etc.

Not growth, hazard rating or planet size though.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 09:28:06 AM by SonnaBanana »
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

F.B.I

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 10:27:29 AM »

freeport its a policy

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 11:43:06 AM »

This is now implemented over at https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011, check out Senate/Edicts
thanks for the idea