Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: just want to say thank you.  (Read 1009 times)

33k7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
just want to say thank you.
« on: March 14, 2020, 10:16:34 PM »

2019 was a rough year for me from my congestive heart failure to breaking my leg and Ankle this game really did help me get through my boredom and keep me away from depression.an I do look forward to the finished product we'll be supporting you guys all the way.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: just want to say thank you.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:24:54 AM »

Oh, wow, that's heavy. I'm glad the game played some small part in helping you, and I hope that things are much better for you from here on out!

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »

Also will say: thank you for the kind words. I'm glad we could help you in some small way.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 11:00:05 AM »

I wanna chime in to say, 2017 was about the hardest time of my life, I didn't have two pennies to rub together. Basically the only personal expense I was able to make on myself that didn't go to keeping my human shell moving was to get a worthless old laptop that couldn't run anything but little indie 2d games, & I bought this game bc it was like SPAZ, and it basically saved my life.
I remember walking 2 hours to my job in the freezing cold with my laptop in my old padded laptop bag from HS inside of my backpack from HS, putting them in my locker in the break room & feeding the charging port thru one of the holes in the locker door so it could charge & download mods off the wifi while I work, then walking it home to play SS as long as the battery lasted
thank you
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then