Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: any way to find a cryosleeper you left alone before?  (Read 2062 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
any way to find a cryosleeper you left alone before?
« on: March 12, 2020, 03:28:07 AM »

found one a long time ago, got my ass handed to me and left it be. plenty tough enough to beat it now i think, but have no idea where it was, and really dont want to revisit the half of the galaxy i explored to find it again

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: any way to find a cryosleeper you left alone before?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 05:51:01 AM »

The icon for it is 6 circles connected to a central point, but I don't think it gets an intel entry or anything convenient like that.

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »

Things like that make me wish we had map markers or something.
Hello!

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 11:17:05 AM »

Depends if the system is explored or you reloaded.  If scored you can just look at the maps.   It has a unique icon so if you know roughly where to look,  you can check each system without actually flying around.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »

i saved just before the fight, so it was explored, but after searching i think all stars ive explored i had no luck finding it. sigh

edit - scoped my save file, think i found the system it is supposed to be in, but when i went there i couldnt find anything. there was another system in there, but i hadnt been to that one yet. mebbe i'll just head up there anyway.

edit2 - so in my save file there are two systems that have the cryosleeper in their data. the one i hadnt been to had it as it was supposed to, the one i had visited and left does not. its gone. only thing i can think of was a starship legends derelict somehow overwriting it or something. guess i lost a cryosleeper on this save

edit3 - good news, im just an idiot. the sleeper was there. somehow i simply wasnt able to pick it up even when i consoled max sensor range and used the tachyon scanner to boot. but an extra loop and i managed to find it. (also reloaded to avoid tainting my save with cheats)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:08:54 PM by Stormy Fairweather »