Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Please give us the (optional) ability to see the mod id when hoving items  (Read 613 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think I mentioned this in other threads before, but I believe this bears repeating, especially now since there is still some time before the next release. With many mods it can be confusing to know what is from where, and it hurts when giving feedback. I was hoping that the "manufacture" field would have helped with that but with so many mods making additions to vanilla factions, it's just impossible to use it as such in many cases. So, just like many games with very active mod communities like Minecraft and Factorio, please let us see which mod each item (or ship) is from when hovering them, by showing the id in one of the fields. I don't mind if we have to toggle that in the config file.

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile

Actually, i think this can be implemented through a mod itself. Actually, Terraria already have one! In Terraria a problem with defining what content comes with which mod is even more annoying, so, some brilliant-headed person/s created a mod, which adds a single line of text to items/enemies with the name of the mod it comes from. I think something similar could be created in this game too!