Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: The Battle of Askonia  (Read 1485 times)

omegasrevenge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
The Battle of Askonia
« on: March 06, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »

Excerpt of the Galactic News Network Today:

The Battle for Askonia

"Ten hours ago, the Armada of the Eternal Column under commission of the Tri-Tachyon Corporation engaged the besieging fleets of Legio Infernalis, as they were preparing another invasion attempt. As of twenty minutes ago that battle has concluded and mop-up operations are now in progress.
Two hundred warships and a tier 3 Fortress-station under Legio control met with 60 ships of the Column, and were shattered over a battle long enough that the superior Column battleships started being destroyed under sheer CR attrition."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tier 3 station, 209 legio ships, at least half of which were battlecruisers, battlecarriers or battleships. 3610 deployment points total.
My 61 deployed ships, 1159 worth of deployment points.
Combat size was set to 1000 deployment points at any given time.
The fight lasted 1810 seconds - or 30 minutes.
My flagship alone did over 1.3 million damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
Re: The Battle of Askonia
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 08:18:55 PM »

Geez, so I guess that's what happens when you let the Legio grow. Hopefully you were able to recover that Zeus otherwise at least buy it again at prism port.

Personally to take these bases out I go to Chicomoztoc and take a dump from orbit on the High Hegemon, when the bounty hunters finally start chasing me for my 3 billion credit bounty I lead them towards the base with my transponder off, they get the attention of the Legio fleet and i can sneak to their bases undetected.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 11:33:52 PM »

There is something wrong with legio fleets spawning randomly the largest fleets en mass for no reason. Usually end up not wanting to include them in playthroughs.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 02:49:03 AM »

So you're a Royal Navy guy huh
61 capital fleet? Now that's superior firepower, wonder if that kind of stuff would be possible with smaller tonnage vessels, even IXth paragons have better cr than destroyers and many cruisers, congrats nonetheless!

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 09:49:21 AM »

*first thing I see: Zeus, 4x Paragonn (IX)