Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ai core as governor questions  (Read 6110 times)

Deathviper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ai core as governor questions
« on: February 28, 2020, 06:44:31 AM »

Ok so I've poked around the internet a bit and can't quite find the answer to my questions and now have some more....

1. What is the advantage of the alpha ai as GOVERNOR? I can't seem to find anything that specifically addresses the bonuses of this.

2. Do they randomly rebel? I've read a few things that appear as if they rebel randomly for no reason, but others that say only if you try to fire them.

3. Do they extend you planetary govern slots past the max human  so for example, you have 12 colonies, max human admins (I'm under the impression you can only have 3 or
4) can you still place ai cores on the excess to remove negative penalties for overgoverning?

Just having a hard some for some reason finding this info on using ai as governor I just cant find it. I know the bonuses for using them on infrastructure. Thanks for any replies!

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Ai core as governor questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 06:59:28 AM »

Ai cores raise profits for colonies they govern.
You can have as many as you want, since they aren't limited by the Administrator perk.
They only really rebel if you try to take them off and that only happens with Alpha AI cores.
They can help diminish wants for drugs and even more immediate needs like supplies or organics by how high leveled they are.

They DO cause factions to inspect your colonies if they have them.
You CANNOT remove alpha AI. No matter where you put it, you can no longer remove them.

Overall they are just good business, IF you can bribe/fight against the people that look into your colonies.
Basically what you should do is give to other factions on their comms in exchange for money and rep, and then later on, you start a colony with that money you got from previous AI dealings!

Deathviper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 07:01:10 AM »

Haha yeah I got a pretty self sufficient 6 colony system, able to defend itself in most circumstances so far. Debating throwing the alphas in there to govern them

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 07:03:37 AM »

It's a good idea, but be prepared for lots of "Inspections" and raids. No one can be TOO prosperous while in the doomed sector after all!

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 07:19:10 AM »

Ok so I've poked around the internet a bit and can't quite find the answer to my questions and now have some more....

1. What is the advantage of the alpha ai as GOVERNOR? I can't seem to find anything that specifically addresses the bonuses of this.

2. Do they randomly rebel? I've read a few things that appear as if they rebel randomly for no reason, but others that say only if you try to fire them.

3. Do they extend you planetary govern slots past the max human  so for example, you have 12 colonies, max human admins (I'm under the impression you can only have 3 or
4) can you still place ai cores on the excess to remove negative penalties for overgoverning?

Just having a hard some for some reason finding this info on using ai as governor I just cant find it. I know the bonuses for using them on infrastructure. Thanks for any replies!

1) Alpha AI governer have all three colony skills. The normal governers have max 2 colony skills. The player can have 3, but Alpha AI don't count towards any limits.
2) No, they don't. At most if you try to appoint another governer, it vanishes and that colony recieves a -1 stability modifier. Once apppointed as governer, it cannot return to your inventory.
3) Yes.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 08:06:52 AM »

you can remove AI cores, its only after leaving them for a certain amount of time when you no longer can

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »

1. They're effectively a free colony admin with all skills maxed out.  Normally only the player can do this but you are limited to a few colonies while you can use as many alpha cores as you like.  Human admins have a high upkeep cost and can only have 2 max skills.

2. You get an unrest debuff.   Its hoped this section of the game will expand a bit.

3. Yes

4. Yes

Even early on I always place 1 in an industry of my choice.   These can be freely moved around based on need without issues.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:13:22 AM by DDwarrirofire »

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 06:12:50 AM »

you can remove AI cores, its only after leaving them for a certain amount of time when you no longer can
It is immediate for governers.