Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Officer Slot Pet Peeve  (Read 2137 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Officer Slot Pet Peeve
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 07:47:13 AM »

I also explore most of the sector before going for colonies, so I don't think that is the difference. My strategy for avoiding losing ships is to not add ships that are likely to die. I guess you could say I have a lot of constraints on what I am willing to put in my fleet. I generally value survivability very highly and don't use (or let the AI use) ships that can easily get into trouble. In my experience, the gap between fleets that will wipe/nearly wipe me, and fleets I can beat without loses is pretty small. I feel like most fleets pretty clearly fall into the 'I can win without loses' or 'I can't win without nearly wiping' category. That could also be affected by my general preference towards combat skills that give me more influence over a battle. I certainly never feel threatened by the pirates and derelicts I mostly fight while exploring, but I might also bring more combat ships exploring than other people do.
Pages: 1 [2]