Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Battlestation always joining as reserve?  (Read 1468 times)

Deathviper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Battlestation always joining as reserve?
« on: February 20, 2020, 08:00:07 PM »

Anyone able to explain to me why my hi tech battlestation always joins battles as reserve and never deploys but before I upgraded it from an orbital station it did join? Noob here and so confused.... To clarify these are not direct engagements on the planed from an expedition, but several fleets engaging expedition and touching the battlestation blue circle so it does show up as being engaged.

*Edit* After some battle tests station appears to join the battle for allied fleets and help them but if I join and command it's always held in reserve and I can't deploy it. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:42:42 AM by Deathviper »

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestation always joining as reserve?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 06:09:43 AM »

How strange, I thought it should automatically deploy. Try leaving a gap in deployment points for it?

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »

Anyone able to explain to me why my hi tech battlestation always joins battles as reserve and never deploys but before I upgraded it from an orbital station it did join? Noob here and so confused.... To clarify these are not direct engagements on the planed from an expedition, but several fleets engaging expedition and touching the battlestation blue circle so it does show up as being engaged.

*Edit* After some battle tests station appears to join the battle for allied fleets and help them but if I join and command it's always held in reserve and I can't deploy it. Any ideas?

Aren't all stations supposed to be automatically deployed at the start of each battle if you're close enough? For me, the battlestation has always started out deployed. (after all, how would deploying a battlestation work?)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 12:01:15 PM »

Hmm - one possibility is if the enemy is fleeing (as a result of being outnumbered when the player joins), then the station would not deploy in a pursuit scenario.

Deathviper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 06:03:17 AM »

Did some testing and I'm just really confused. Sometimes it joins and sometimes it doesn't. Would it still show in the battle list if it was under repairs and unavailable?

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 09:23:24 AM »

Only you can tell us if it was under repairs or not. But if it was, it surely shouldn't ever be deployable? How did you ever know it joined the battle for allied fleets in the first place?

This has nothing to do with the Deathviper's problem. That reminds me, there was somebody saying that there was a bug in nexerelin, about joining in a fight between pirates and an independent orbital station that couldn't be replicated. I found that it happens when the orbital base is friendly, but the pirate are neutral, so at the encounter screen, you select to join the battle, but the independent forces let the pirates go without further incident and your only choice is to leave. For some reason you cannot re-encounter the pirates afterwards and so the cycle repeats.

Deathviper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »

Now that you mentioned that I noticed a trend. If pirates are hostile and attacking my planet with my defense force and I join the station joins, but if it's the pirates, my defence force and and independent NEUTRAL faction it's been held in reserve. Even tested it a bit as I could and station does not always join if a neutral fleet is present. How peculiar and yes I do have nexerelin as one of my mods ... It's either a bug or must have something to do with (4th?) party fleets joining the fray.