Atlas
- 6 (4.2%)
Prometeus
- 1 (0.7%)
Prometeus (luddic)
- 3 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Whats your favorite capital ship  (Read 6787 times)

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your favorite capital ship
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »

I'd have loved to vote for the Luddic Prometheus and the Atlas1, but I'd have to find them first.

Wolas3214

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »

Aside from the paragon for its ability to drill holes into anything im actually quite partial to the atlas MK2. The trick is to not think of it like a capital ship and instead like a cruiser, or perhaps a really big destroyer. Its one of the few ships with the coveted accelerated ammo ship system and its the only one that can fire large weapons with it so it will punch well above its(shockingly light) weight class, so long as its doing so from a range advantage anyways, its got paper for a hull and barely enough flux to fire its weapons let alone shield return fire.

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »

I mean, obviously the Karkinos is my favorite modded capital.  IDK how anyone could suggest anything else.

Favorite vanilla capital is probably a legion with all hammers.  There's just something so viscerally satisfying about hammers hitting things.

Oops forgot hammers don't have medium mounts in vanilla.

In that case conquest with double mirvs, 1 Hephaestus, 1 mk9 autocannon, and 2 hvg's per side.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:04:38 PM by IAmLegion »

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 03:09:34 PM »

Favorite MODDED capital?  Oof.  There's...a lot of them.

Well, for reasons that differ drastically from my vanilla favorite...you're never gonna believe this buuuuuut...

It's the Atlas Mk II.  From the Archean Order mod!  Why?  Two words:  Missile.  Boat.

It's still the lumbering, lightly armored cheap-to-deploy capital as vanilla, but virtually all of its ballistic slots are now composite slots, allowing for mass missile loadouts.  Combine this with the fact that the AO mod changes most/all limited missiles to be unlimited but with very long reload times and the fact that the Atlas's reworked ship system is a reloader and suddenly you have screens full of atropos busting through the shields and armor of anything that isn't at least capital sized.  Once you've blown the volley and the reloader it's even MORE vulnerable than before if it gets caught but if you happen to be outside of 1000 range and it's facing the right way...

Well...I mean there WAS an enemy fleet moving in to engage...

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2020, 04:41:45 PM »

Paragon for all-round combat, Onslaught for fire support, Astral for saturation support, and Odyssey for general purpose.

For flagship favorite capital, I am tied between Odyssey and Astral.

For the Odyssey, I use dual autopulse on one side and Guardian PD on the other, using expanded mag and auxiliary thrusters hullmods to go yippie-kai-yay flanking an enemy ship with the plasma burn while other ships maintain the battle line. The autopulse is supported with 2 ion cannons and 2 IR pulse lasers for sustained fire while the autopulse charges, but needs to be closer for it to work.

For the Astral, I focus on giving out commands and deploying fighter or bomber screens depending on the outfit. They are normally all 6 of the same type to perform specific roles.

Though my usual command flagship is the Doom phase ship, providing key strikes that turn the tide of battle. Due to sseth's video, I gave the phase cruiser the Stand autofit designation in honor of his contribution to the game's visibility. Yes, Doom is my Stand, and making enemy fighters explode next to intended targets is what it does, and its antimatter blaster and reaper combo gives no slack.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:14:28 PM by Aereto »
Pages: 1 2 [3]