Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: So......what do I do now?  (Read 1658 times)

Gregorovitch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
So......what do I do now?
« on: February 22, 2020, 04:51:08 AM »

The situation is I have three colonies in one system where I've pretty much maxed out everything I can build for now (two size 6's and one size 5 so waiting to get them all to get to size 7 for more room, slow) and which yield an income of about 250k per month. I haven't used any of my stock of alpha cores on anything yet. My fleet comprises four Paragons, a Legion and sundry auroras, apogees, various smaller ships and support ships, I can make as many more as I like but since I can only have one fleet and battles are limited to 500 deploy pts there doesn't seem any point in doing so. I can do any 300k+ jobs I feel like. I already have 4m in the bank, it doesn't seem like I need any more money. I can just kill the pirates and Path bases whenever they have the impudence to (futilely) attack my system and I just pay off the regular factions and do a few jobs for them for fun and profit to curry their favour.

I'm not sure what to do next:

* Is there any point in starting a new colony system, what would that achieve?
* I could conduct a full survey of all the outer systems - but to what end, what am I likely to find?
* I could decide a faction I don't like, the Church for instance, needs to die. Can you actually kill a faction and is there any point in doing so aside from ***** and giggles?
* Is there some official end point or win condition for the game I am ready to go for now?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: So......what do I do now?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 05:51:41 AM »

Main point of colonies is money. If you make enough money, getting any more isn't necessary.
Surveying is mainly a source of blueprints and rare items to me. If you have all the ships you want and all the nanoforges you need, you don't explore.
Killing a faction of stops their expeditions and AI inspections. The drawback is that you lose some export money.
No, there isn't any endgame yet.

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 11:03:36 PM »

Play modded yet? Grab some mods that add more factions. Get in good with one and take on the others.  Go for high end bounties with a goal of getting those unique hulls.  Done all the story missions?  Find a remnant system yet?  Get a fleet that can take on one of their stations...they're tough.

BadGame

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 12:13:39 PM »

The situation is I have three colonies in one system where I've pretty much maxed out everything I can build for now (two size 6's and one size 5 so waiting to get them all to get to size 7 for more room, slow) and which yield an income of about 250k per month. I haven't used any of my stock of alpha cores on anything yet. My fleet comprises four Paragons, a Legion and sundry auroras, apogees, various smaller ships and support ships, I can make as many more as I like but since I can only have one fleet and battles are limited to 500 deploy pts there doesn't seem any point in doing so. I can do any 300k+ jobs I feel like. I already have 4m in the bank, it doesn't seem like I need any more money. I can just kill the pirates and Path bases whenever they have the impudence to (futilely) attack my system and I just pay off the regular factions and do a few jobs for them for fun and profit to curry their favour.

I'm not sure what to do next:

* Is there any point in starting a new colony system, what would that achieve?
* I could conduct a full survey of all the outer systems - but to what end, what am I likely to find?
* I could decide a faction I don't like, the Church for instance, needs to die. Can you actually kill a faction and is there any point in doing so aside from ***** and giggles?
* Is there some official end point or win condition for the game I am ready to go for now?

i got same situation and i start playing allover whit Nexerelion mod.

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 06:26:22 AM »

Main point of colonies is money. If you make enough money, getting any more isn't necessary.
Surveying is mainly a source of blueprints and rare items to me. If you have all the ships you want and all the nanoforges you need, you don't explore.
Killing a faction of stops their expeditions and AI inspections. The drawback is that you lose some export money.
No, there isn't any endgame yet.

Main Point of Colonies is to produce high end ships myself , i think.
The money is a nice side efeect.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »

Yeah, end game you basically have heavy industry with a nanoforge on one developed planet. You don't strictly need more then one, but it can be nice. Going full ai-core empire building is basically just a sandbox experience because you don't get anything new by doing so and arguably just more hassle.

My current vanilla-ish game I'm basically working my way to colonising every habitable planet in unclaimed systems that I can find. While waiting I use it as a sandbox for vanilla ship load-outs along with the two faction mods I have installed.

If I get bored of that I'll probably go though playing the Archean Order total conversion for a while before dropping back into another vanilla game with some different faction mods. I mostly just play to try out different and new ships. I've never really felt up to playing the Megamods.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.