Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Pharmakos  (Read 865 times)

Thormy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pharmakos
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:49:46 PM »

Hi. I'm quite new to this game, and I'm still a little bit of a newbie. I'm still on my first proper play-through, even though i have already moded the game a little bit.

Here's the thing. I received a Try-Archon bounty to hunt down a AI called Pharmakos. Total reward: 1million credits. They know how to get your attention.

I'm not sure if it's a mod, and if it is, which one. I simply couldn't find any information about it whatsoever. I did a cheeky save and went to give it a peek, with my 4 capital battleships. 3 legion and 1 Tyrant-class (from Varya's mod), only to get my ass handed to me in a silver plate. I was personally piloting a Doom.

Does anyone knows where (which mod maybe?) this thing come from? Also, any tips on how to beat it? As far as I could see I couldn't even scratch it.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Pharmakos
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 12:44:10 AM »

Hi. I'm quite new to this game, and I'm still a little bit of a newbie. I'm still on my first proper play-through, even though i have already moded the game a little bit.

Here's the thing. I received a Try-Archon bounty to hunt down a AI called Pharmakos. Total reward: 1million credits. They know how to get your attention.

I'm not sure if it's a mod, and if it is, which one. I simply couldn't find any information about it whatsoever. I did a cheeky save and went to give it a peek, with my 4 capital battleships. 3 legion and 1 Tyrant-class (from Varya's mod), only to get my ass handed to me in a silver plate. I was personally piloting a Doom.

Does anyone knows where (which mod maybe?) this thing come from? Also, any tips on how to beat it? As far as I could see I couldn't even scratch it.
The Pharmakons are part of a mod (HullMod Expansion Pack) which has been since taken down by the author (because they couldn't handle minor criticism properly).

The author did leave a download link to an older, stripped down version for reference in this forum thread, but it got locked not even two hours after being posted.

The author has zero intention of continuing development on it, going by their claims.

Thormy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:51:08 AM »

Well, that's a little ankward. But the fact remains that I'm using this mod, and I'm not sure if it would be safe to my save to remove it or not. I also would rather not discuss whether the author is right or not. That's really not the point of my question.

However, that's why I couldn't find anything about them(? There's more then one??). Any ideas on how to fight those things?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 09:23:18 AM »

They are a giant buffs-stack so there isn't much more to it than "get more capitals ships, expect losses, bring in reinforcements".