Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1255943 times)

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.8.c - Colony content expansion
« Reply #540 on: February 27, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »

Any reason why if I add a ship to the the whitelist it's still not able to reverse-engineer it?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 27, 2021, 10:32:41 PM »

I have similar problem with ships for Tahlan Shipworks, don't know why.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 28, 2021, 02:37:11 AM »

I think Restoration docks restores one more d-mod than expected.
Yup, fixed, thanks!

I did read the mod faq but im still surprised that my size 7 colony produces only 3 raid fleets
It's less about how many fleets, and more about how strong they are. You can increase raid strength by increasing the planet fleet size. However - even the largest privateer forces will need some help with massively fortified systems (destroying stations and defence fleets there before they arrive seems to be most effective), but the rewards are worth it.

Any reason why if I add a ship to the the whitelist it's still not able to reverse-engineer it?
because I *** it up and only recently noticed - settings points to the wrong whitelist.
go to "Industrial.Evolution\data\config\settings.json", and change the line entry "IndEvo_reverseList" to "data/config/indEvo/reverse_engineering_whitelist.csv".
That'll fix it.

Ballagarraidh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 01, 2021, 08:27:31 PM »

Hello there! I am thoroughly enjoying this mod, and I was particularly excited when I chanced upon one of those Experimental BPs for an Onslaught, no less, so I followed the trail and discovered how to use them. It became my end-game goal and mission to get the facility up and running and I frequently left my colonies, established new ones, and explored everywhere I can in order to fulfill said mission.

Imagine my excitement when I finally had the necessary facilities up and running and I was about to print out one of those Experimental BPs, of course I read the Industry Descriptions first and knew there was a chance for them to be defective but the idea of -experimental- really stood out for me.

In any case, the end product was... lackluster, I even put in a gamma-core to minimize the chances of defects, but I still got a Minor Printing Defects hullmod baked into my Onslaught. So I thought, maybe I need to print out more, so I thought about deconstructing the one I just printed out but it didn't want me to because it had said defects. So, alright, I just deconstructed my 2 prized pristine Onslaughts I managed to poach from the Hegemony (I still haven't gotten access to the actual BP) , and also placed a beta-core (was it? unsure about this one) in the Deconstructor to reduce chances of the Experimental BPs having defects. And then I printed a new set, and to my surprise all of them also had Minor Printing Defects baked into them. This time, I was curious, is this as good as it gets, so I finally peaked into the inner workings of the mod and discovered it is, I was... disappointed.

You see I was sort of expecting and giddy about the idea of the experimental nature of the setup and with all the effort it took to set everything up. I wasn't really expecting a super strong hullmod baked in, but I was expecting something... experimental, kind of like hullmods that could be quirky or weird but -can- be positive, like say a System Overrides mod but random-y, mixed buffs is what I'm getting at I guess, things that both bestow blessings but boons onto the ship. But as it stands all of the possible baked in hullmods are debuffs (albeit the Minor one legitimately being Minor) and that doesn't feel to good for the effort put into it. Even more so when I could have just built the Engineering Facility to reverse engineer the 2 Onslaughts I had to maybe get the actual BP for it and construct actual pristine ones.

What I'm seeing is that most people feel the same way about it, during the late-game, you aren't short on cash and that's effectively what printing does for you, makes making ships cheaper, but when the whole system to get them to begin with is expensive (and dangerous), you already probably have the means to support even more expensive endeavors. So what I feel like a good lategame credit sink would be is if an alpha-core for the Construction Industry did increase chances of having defects, but also provided a chance of some <mixed blessing random stroke of luck this one got printed out quirky kind of buffs>. It would incentivize people to build a pristine copy in their own colonies, take those ships to possibly be printed into some of those mixed bag baked in hullmods, and keep doing so until they get the mixed bag they want.

This would further tie together the features in this mod already, the Reverse Engineering Facility to get BPs for say an Onslaught, construct said Onslaughts and send them to the Deconstructor, the Deconstructor creates Experimental BPs which, using the Courier Port will be delivered to the Experimental Fabricator, Fabricator prints the ships and outputs Degraded BPs that are then Courier Port-ed to a Library, Library fixes them up and then are Courier Port-ed back to Deconstructor, ready again for you to send some ships over to it to potentially get some of the mixed bag hullmods you want, the ones that you don't want you can probably scrap.

If you disregard all of this that's fine with me, I do enjoy it just not what I expected. I do have one final request, which is the capitalization on the printing defects hullmods, right now it's kinds off-putting for me to see "Minor printing defects" instead of "Minor Printing Defects" more so for the capitalization than the actual effects it has on my not so perfect copy Onslaughts.

Thank you for reading and I hope you're doing well and safe during all the crazy going on! Have a good one!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:47:26 PM by Ballagarraidh »

RT_Neiron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 02, 2021, 05:51:37 PM »

and what? Thanks y kill my 2 hours in game =\ OUT - ctrl-alt-del ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:54:09 PM by RT_Neiron »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 03, 2021, 12:53:56 PM »

Detailed Feedback

Thank you for the feedback! I understand your gripes with the system, but am honestly not sure if I can really fix that. The main issue is that duplication of ships is as strong as the ship that's put in - and the strength of those varies wildly. Duplicating an Onslaught might feel underwhelming, and it absolutely is - but duplicating a Tahlan Derelict? That's a completely different league.

I generally try to balance for the average, not the min-maxer, which is why minor printing defects are more or less cosmetic - but making a ship more powerful after duplication might cause issues with ships that are strong, and were intended to be limited to a very small amount of hulls.

I'll be experimenting with a bit of a buff to the entire thing, but honestly, it needs a rework to be more accessible.
I do like your proposal of baking in random hullmods (For a third of their usual OP cost, maybe?), and will think on it - it might end up being an option toggleable via AI core, but I can't promise anything, as I'll have to test if it interferes with scripted stuff.

Regarding the Hullmod names - I fixed those for the next release.

Again, I really appreciate your feedback and suggestions - Thank you!

I'd need to know which version of the mod you are on, and a screenshot of your officer menu. You can close a stuck dialogue via console commands in the future - sorry for the problems you are experiencing.

RT_Neiron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2021, 07:44:19 PM »

I'd need to know which version of the mod you are on, and a screenshot of your officer menu. You can close a stuck dialogue via console commands in the future - sorry for the problems you are experiencing.
SS - 091a New game(+Nexerelin, and nessesery mods) Industrial.Evolution1.8.c  =\  (this is the first time I have encountered such a problem in game. And Only Academy problem)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:44:38 PM by RT_Neiron »

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 04, 2021, 12:02:46 AM »

Did you do a clean install? Remove old mod folder before installing new ones.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

RT_Neiron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 04, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »

Did you do a clean install? Remove old mod folder before installing new ones.
Clean install.. Hm.., mb  conflict another mod =\

RT_Neiron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 05, 2021, 06:10:59 AM »

You can close a stuck dialogue via console commands in the future - sorry for the problems you are experiencing.
This induce me to install autosave_mod  ;D  (at last) But thx, y work is great )

Myrkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 05, 2021, 10:12:20 AM »

Same problem at me. Clean install too :(
I'am forgot about Academy after two or three times, when i was needed to shut down game from task manager ^_^
Anyway - Great Mod!
Thank you ^_^

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 05, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »

I can't replicate this issue.
Do you have a way to trigger this in a reliable way?
If your save keeps doing it, I'd like to ask you to upload your save, and your entire mod folder somewhere, so I can replicate and debug.

RT_Neiron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 06, 2021, 06:17:12 AM »

I think another language(In core game files), unofficial localisation

Felcaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 06, 2021, 10:29:25 AM »

Hi there, this is a great mod, really enjoying the additional depth added by the new industries.

I think I'm encountering a bug. 3 in-game months back I "liberated" Maggie's station in Ounalashka system. A system I think was added by Roider's Union. There was a salvage yard on Maggie's already before I captured it.
I immediately switched ownership over to the independents. However I am continuing to receive the warning icon at the end of each month letting me know the Salvage Yard is below 30% and decaying.
It doesn't really impact my game, it's just a quirky bug(maybe?) that I thought I'd let you know about.

Thanks for the additional depth you are adding to the game, the Academy in particular meets my personal need to hoard good officers that I'll never ever use.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 06, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »

I think another language(In core game files), unofficial localisation

Could do it - thanks for the PM, I'll check!

Hi there, this is a great mod, really enjoying the additional depth added by the new industries.

I think I'm encountering a bug. 3 in-game months back I "liberated" Maggie's station in Ounalashka system. A system I think was added by Roider's Union. There was a salvage yard on Maggie's already before I captured it.
I immediately switched ownership over to the independents. However I am continuing to receive the warning icon at the end of each month letting me know the Salvage Yard is below 30% and decaying.
It doesn't really impact my game, it's just a quirky bug(maybe?) that I thought I'd let you know about.

Thanks for the additional depth you are adding to the game, the Academy in particular meets my personal need to hoard good officers that I'll never ever use.

Yup, it's a bug, and fixed for the next version. Thanks for the report!

Y'all are a buncha hoarders, I know. I'm just here to feed your bad habits!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 156