Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235813 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.8.c - Colony content expansion
« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2021, 12:16:54 AM »

:-\ :-\
Sorry, I am so late to report the problem. In the college interface, officer training, administrator training, and storage interface. There is no way to exit normally. There is no exit option, I press ESC, and there is no response.
I tested on Chinese text before and found this problem. It was suspected that the Chinese text was wrong. But switching to the English version, this problem still exists.
Others also reported that the college interface also encountered the same problem.

Could you post me a screenshot on that one? I might have missed something.

Fucifa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2021, 04:12:53 AM »

I tried to send, but the forum was limited to 192KB.

If you still can't see the picture, I uploaded it to the Chinese forum.
https://www.fossic.org/thread-1629-3-1.html

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2021, 04:29:50 AM »

Understood, thank you. I am currently working on a code overhaul, and externalizing all text in the mod to a Strings.json file for easy translation. I will look to replicate and fix this issue while I am at it.

–Phase–

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 09, 2021, 12:14:12 AM »

Is there any way to disable forge templates from spawning? Not only are these worthless things not worth the hassle that's involved with actually getting a ship out of them (a d-modded one at that) what's worse is that they spawn in all the ruins in the sector and saturate the loot spawning. So instead of getting blueprints I can actually use, I get a bunch of useless forge templates, since the templates took the place of actual blueprints when the sector was being generated at the start.

What line do I have to modify to make them not spawn anymore in any future campaigns I start?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:16:18 AM by –Phase– »
Capitalism is the greatest expression of Human greed.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 09, 2021, 04:08:49 AM »

First off, I severely disagree with you on everything you said.

Second, Forge Templates are their own drop group and do not affect "loot spawning", as they do not influence the drop chances of blueprints in the slightest. Your perceived situation is in fact just that - imaginary.

Third, you'll have to figure that one out, yourself - you are deviating too far from my vision for the mod for me to support it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:25:56 AM by SirHartley »

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 09, 2021, 01:37:20 PM »

Hello, I'm a little confused on the mechanics concerning the restoration dock. Sorry if this is stated somewhere else but I went through quite a few pages and I wasn't able to find the answer.

A Fee is mentioned for when you try to restore ships in a foreign market, does this mean that it's free to restore ships that you have in your own personal colony?  I purchased a governorship for a League station I conquered from pirates (Nexerelin) that has a restoration doc, I have 100 opinion with the league and I'm trying to repair one of my ships. The total cost for removing two d-mods 172,800, and the total cost of building the ship myself is 200,000. Are these the correct numbers or am I misunderstanding something? Because personally I would rather just build a new ship rather than pay almost the entire price to remove 2 D-mods. Particularly since i have the whole industry skill line unlocked.

Loving everything in the mod though, really adds alot of depth to the colony building experience. Thank you for your contributions to the community!

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 09, 2021, 03:00:44 PM »

Hey there - Nope, it's never free. The fee is a flat foreign repair fee that gets applied in addition to the normal cost of removing a D-Mod (which is still half the cost of restoring the ship via the vanilla way).

The advantage of building your own dock is that you do not pay any additional fee, have control over the AI-Core, and don't lose access to your ships should the foreign faction become hostile.

You can read about how most of the stuff in this mod works in the FAQ on the mod page :)

–Phase–

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 11, 2021, 02:39:09 AM »

First off, I severely disagree with you on everything you said.

Second, Forge Templates are their own drop group and do not affect "loot spawning", as they do not influence the drop chances of blueprints in the slightest. Your perceived situation is in fact just that - imaginary.

Third, you'll have to figure that one out, yourself - you are deviating too far from my vision for the mod for me to support it.

Well, good to know that those templates are at least not affecting everything else from being spawned. Though, I still feel like I'd get more blueprints in general if the templates weren't set to spawn at all. To that end, all I ask for is a line that simply disables the forge templates from spawning. You stated that you were working on a code overhaul didn't you? So just add a true/false line that stops the templates from spawning. I doubt it'd break anything.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 11, 2021, 04:31:08 AM »

your feeling is flat out wrong, and disabling drop groups is not possible without weird hacks, so the answer stays no.

–Phase–

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2021, 04:05:40 PM »

your feeling is flat out wrong, and disabling drop groups is not possible without weird hacks, so the answer stays no.

Weird hacks huh? Strange how disabling drop groups is much harder than disabling other stuff usually is in mods. Hopefully that'll be addressed in a later vanilla update.

As for the templates, well I guess I can just continue using the worthless things as a cash injection when I need quick money, so at least they're useful for that. Good thing they sell as much as the actual blueprint, so thanks for that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:09:22 PM by –Phase– »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 11, 2021, 11:14:27 PM »

What about a small feature that would work as compromise - Nexelerin Prism support for templates. An option to trade them in for points just like normal blueprints. And maybe purchase them too as well. So even if you are unlucky to get all the ancient structures or don't want to use them these non-empty templates would be of great value over just an amount of credits your colonies produce each month anyway.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2021, 07:44:07 AM »

Don't force a demand to a modder that share his works for free, he spend mind, time, and effort and expect nothing in return. Modder has no obligation to fulfill your request. Atleast ask politely and if he refuse then don't push it further. Unless you support him one way or another.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:54:17 AM by SukmaZaki »
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 16, 2021, 06:25:10 AM »

I find the entire reverse engineering process to be too convoluted to even bother with, if I must be honest. 

If I was a modder (I'm not) I would just have the facility spawn one copy of the appropriate blueprint at 100% and then just toss it into your storage like any other item made by any other facility.  Seems a lot more straightforward and simple compared to all the hoops one must jump through with the current system. 

Templates, scavenging ruins, sacrificing other perfectly good blueprints... all too much of a headache.  I already feed this thing six captured enemy battleships, now it's telling me that still isn't good enough?  That when I hit the scrap button, build something actually useful in its place and move on.  Less time, money and energy to just find what I'm looking for surveying ruins, to be honest, or just buying it at Prism Freeport.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really like this mod.  It's just that one facility that I have no use for.  I could use it but, in terms of efficiency, its just not worth the effort.  Everything else seems very well balanced, easy to understand, easy to use, and well thought out.  I just feel like this one thing has been made needlessly over complicated.

My request, if I may be so bold, is make this process optional.  I know there are "hard core" types who just love it when things are made more difficult and think everything is fine the way it is, and I would not want to take that experience away from them.  For the rest of us, however, it would be nice to have a button we can push at game start to "dumb it down" to the simple process I mentioned at the start of this post: Feed it ships, wait for them to digest, poop out blueprint.  Ta-da and done.  And then everyone can just play it the way they enjoy the most.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 16, 2021, 08:41:55 AM »

Thanks for the feedback - I think you are getting two things mixed up.

There is reverse engineering (For blueprints), which is rather simple:
- Place Ships into Storage (Progress towards 100% depends on Hull size and D-mods, press F1 on the storage tooltip)
- Install a blueprint to overwrite (can be done even before the research is finished, it'll also auto-use any appropriate sized blueprint in the Industrial Storage for extra convenience)

To reverse engineer a capital, you need 3 hulls - and they can even have some D-Mods. That doesn't feel too convoluted to me (pristine caps give 40% progress/hull).

The reason it needs another blueprint is both balance and lore. If it was just "print blueprint", it would be rather overpowered compared even to some full on industries in pure money gain - giving you something for effectively nothing (you could even trade them into Prism for whatever ship you actually wanted). The structure is intended to supplement your blueprint acquisition, not replace it.
Lorewise, the creation of new blueprints is impossible, and every single one is a relic.

I do hear your concerns, but I am unlikely to change it, since I feel it's in a good place.
______

Then, there is the derelict chain (Ship Duplication), which requires two different ruins and Forge Templates to work, and is more complex - mostly because it is intentionally obscure, as I intended for people to find out on their own instead of spoon feeding them.

I won't elaborate too much, but I've received plenty feedback that people are confused, and consider it "not worth it". I can't do anything about the confused part except go over the tooltips again, but people don't read anyway.

The second complaint, however, is addressed in the next update: it will change the Industrial Ruin spawn algorithm to:
a) Increase the amount of systems that have 2 planets with ruins slightly (mostly in high-danger systems)
b) With a high chance, these 2 planets will have the Forge/Decon combo required to properly use forge templates.

That should fix at least some of the inconvenience by making the system more accessible.
I'm also working on quests to make everything a bit easier to find, but it'll be a while.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 16, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »

I think that the better way to do things than just getting a blueprint after reverse engineering would be that the design is added directly to your faction's known designs.  Though I understand if that's not possible modding wise.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 154