Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235766 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.8.c - Colony content expansion
« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2020, 02:06:10 PM »

Combine industries proposal

Hi there!
I did actually try making something like this - but failed at it, since I would have to overwrite some vanilla code for it, which is considered a massive no-go in the modding community.
The issue is that if you have an industry combined into two, the game will no longer register these industries as present - and they will be build-able again, which would allow stacking duplicates.
That problem is only solvable by changing the industries themselves.

unit098

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 26, 2020, 02:10:24 AM »

0/10 the tips said selling an ambassador was a risk-free transaction, I was lied to!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2020, 06:55:27 AM »

I've been using this mod for a while now and I have to say it'd be hard to play without it. However the variable assembler and the commodity are great but I almost never use the forge. Typically I sell the chips I don't want and slot up the ones I do in the assembler. Personally I feel like you shouldn't get goods per month from the assembler and that should be directed towards the Forge exclusively. Being able to pick and choose and output for a colony at will makes the assembler strong and the forge kinda just there. I personally never used it until today, otherwise I love and enjoy this mod. Thanks for all the hard work.

iamAcTive

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2020, 11:24:29 AM »

2020 mod of the year. Love this mod.

Jakro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 27, 2020, 06:40:20 AM »

Where can I find hull fabricators or whatever. The place where I can fabricate ships from those blueprint-like chips.

Jakro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 27, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »

Where can I find hull fabricators or whatever. The place where I can fabricate ships from those blueprint-like chips.
I have been informed, that the what I am looking for is a hull forge, which is suppoosed to be able to build ships out of these Forge Templates. Reddit told me to survey planets in Remnant star systems, but now the description of the Forge Templates says to look out for planets lost in the second ai war. Im confused! Which planets were lost in the second ai war? What exactly am I looking for or rather how do I know when I have found it ? Can someone explain Forge Templates to me please ?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 27, 2020, 02:41:13 PM »

0/10 the tips said selling an ambassador was a risk-free transaction, I was lied to!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
I would never lie to you <3

I've been using this mod for a while now and I have to say it'd be hard to play without it. However the variable assembler and the commodity are great but I almost never use the forge. Typically I sell the chips I don't want and slot up the ones I do in the assembler. Personally I feel like you shouldn't get goods per month from the assembler and that should be directed towards the Forge exclusively. Being able to pick and choose and output for a colony at will makes the assembler strong and the forge kinda just there. I personally never used it until today, otherwise I love and enjoy this mod. Thanks for all the hard work.
The forge gives you a giant heap of stuff, but eats the chip after three cycles - it's not comparable to the Assembler at all.
You could feed it the chips you don't need instead of selling them - I guarantee you, it's better bang for your buck - and you can eliminate the upkeep with an (I think) beta core.

2020 mod of the year. Love this mod.
Thanks, that's high praise :)

I have been informed, that the what I am looking for is a hull forge, which is suppoosed to be able to build ships out of these Forge Templates. Reddit told me to survey planets in Remnant star systems, but now the description of the Forge Templates says to look out for planets lost in the second ai war. Im confused! Which planets were lost in the second ai war? What exactly am I looking for or rather how do I know when I have found it ? Can someone explain Forge Templates to me please ?

Okay, first off, please stop spoiling exploration content in this thread.
Second, go survey planets in [Redacted] Star systems - you'll find what you need sooner or later.

Do note though - if you added the mod mid-game, this is one of the things that will not spawn.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:45:29 PM by SirHartley »

Fucifa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 28, 2020, 05:38:04 AM »

:P :PC  :P
Does customs control refer to the form of import duties? Or does it mean that import trade can only go through specialized counterpart companies and accounts?Take a Chinese example: Thirteen Hongs of Canton?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 29, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »

Does customs control refer to the form of import duties? Or does it mean that import trade can only go through specialized counterpart companies and accounts?Take a Chinese example: Thirteen Hongs of Canton?

Yup, that's exactly what it's supposed to be! All goods/trade for that system is routed through a single entity.

Fucifa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 29, 2020, 02:01:32 PM »

Yup, that's exactly what it's supposed to be! All goods/trade for that system is routed through a single entity.
SO I will use the term "closed and locked country" to  instead of customs control .Thirteen Hongs of Canton  is the representative that controls the foreign trade export.

DietrichT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »

buggie report!!!! :)

AmbassadorPersonManager plugin needs to add an exception.
currently if lastDayFactionRep is null/empty the game CTDs.

//
280060 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager  - reptracker
280060 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager  - lastDayFactionRep isEmpty/null
//

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2020, 01:46:24 AM »

Hey there,
That line you are pointing to is a daily check that runs and reports faction rep status. It doesn't cause crashing - if you scroll up, you'll see it multiple times in your log.

That ctd must have been something else. I'll gladly help you figure out what it was, but you'll have to post me the full error log (right after the crash) here - please upload the file.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 01:58:09 AM by SirHartley »

IsaacBolts

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »

Hey, so i'm having a bit of trouble with the entire engineering bay and hull forge/scanner whitelist.
I simply cannot get them to work even if i carefully place every single ship hull from every mod faction in the lists.

After at least half an hour of putting ship IDs into both lists i came to the discovery that suddenly i couldn't put any ships in the hull scanner/engineering bay, not even vanilla ones.
All of them simply said that they couldn't be put in the respective storage for each facility.
I then assumed that it might be something with one of the ship IDs, or perhaps a certain set of ships just didn't function.. so i progressively eliminated all modded ship hulls from lists and eventually found out that even with all modded ship hulls removed the same error still occured.
I then took the raw unedited files from a fresh download and put it into correct folder replacing the edited documents.. and it suddenly worked again.
So next i put in a small list of ships in the engineering whitelist and when i started it up this time it didn't block out the vanilla ships.. but it didn't do it's job as intended either as the modded ships added to the list couldn't get into the engineering bay storage.
I then tried adding one of the ships i put into the engineering whitelist into the hull scanner whitelist and started it up again to see if that specific hull could now be scanned or deconstructed.. but no the entire vanilla ships blocked off as well reoccured, and again i tried removing the hulls from the list and the bug remained.

I'm completely clueless at this point, am i overlooking something, is this a bug or am i using it in the wrong way?

For further information, i directly used the ship IDs listed (double checked in some cases with ingame console command and looking into the actual hulls folder of the relevant mod)
I didn't alter any of the text at the top of the documents.
I made sure to restart the game after each edit to the whitelists.
I tried adding new ships to my fleet via console command to see if it only worked on new ships (it didn't)
I tried doing it on different planets, didn't work either.
I tried doing it on a new save file, didn't work either.

Right now i'm frustrated and clueless, i spend numerous hours figuring this out and i'm at the end of my knowledge.
It'd be highly appreciated if you could shine some light onto the situation and help me out with this one, thank you!

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2020, 03:27:44 AM »

Are you using a proper .csv editor? Notepad/Excel won't work, you need either google sheets or Rons CSV editor.

IsaacBolts

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2020, 07:07:31 AM »

thank you, i'll try it on google sheets then.
I'll be sure to report any other issue if they arrise.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 154