Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235603 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.8.b - Colony content expansion
« Reply #390 on: October 05, 2020, 08:02:39 AM »

Hi mod. Where is this prerogative written? I'd like to see that. I'd also like to see where it says that you have to act like a smart@ss if someome with their first post on this forum asks a simple polite question. "Inb4 spoiling" I think not designing a mod properly and asking how a mechanic of it works in order to have a better experience is totally not a reason to answer like that. But thanks for the "warning", real classy.
You seem new, so you probably don't know this, but lots of mods have hidden content that's meant to be discovered. It breathes life into the exploration aspect of the game, and if a modder doesn't want to reveal it in the thread, you're goddamn right he doesn't have to do so.
If you're that curious, get the console commands mod and just add the industries into your colonies. The damage is done now, but that would've spared you from typing up stuff that gets you warnings.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 05, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »

I think it would help if you let us know what you're trying to put in specifically.
[close]
As you can see, it's accepting literally nothing EXCEPT the Tarsus BP I just added using console, which is extra weird because it's right next to a Tarsus BP I found while exploring.
I assume that the now-discontinued Common Drops mod I still had on for some reason messes with loot generation somehow.
It's probably my own fault for carelessly turning on NINETY FIVE(95) mods. The game's barely Starsector anymore. It's a wonder it doesn't crash every time I hop into hyperspace, so I guess clashes like this are to be expected.

That is indeed strange, if you have your supply storage and this is the planet with the Engineer Hub and even then it's still not taking your ship blueprints then something odd happened...

Sorry i can't help you much on this one except just confirming you that it does work as intended on my end. Never used "Common Drops" so idk what it does or if it indeed is the root of the conflict.

Just to confirm, i assume you didn't install Industrial Evolution mid playthrough, cuz i have seen that causing it's own fair share of issues. If so, then considering running a quick experiment on a new save with console commands to check if the problem persists.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 05, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »

I'm commenting on this thread just to say this is the second campaign I'm playing with this mod and it's great!รน

Go tiger go!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2020, 10:08:39 AM »

Just to confirm, i assume you didn't install Industrial Evolution mid playthrough, cuz i have seen that causing it's own fair share of issues. If so, then considering running a quick experiment on a new save with console commands to check if the problem persists.
I definitely didn't start this run without 1.8. I might have updated to 1.8.b after starting, but unless my memory fails me, the chances of that are low.
It's a problem I alone seem to have, though, so I'm in no rush to fix it. I think I'll just throw the useless BPs into a star and use the console to replace them with appropriately-sized ones that work.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 05, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »

I definitely didn't start this run without 1.8. I might have updated to 1.8.b after starting, but unless my memory fails me, the chances of that are low.
It's a problem I alone seem to have, though, so I'm in no rush to fix it. I think I'll just throw the useless BPs into a star and use the console to replace them with appropriately-sized ones that work.

The jump from 1.8.a to 1.8.b should cause no issues (i haven't seen any on my end) so we can assume it's not that. Since you decided on a more practical approach i guess that's that. There's a lot of experimentation you can do in case you are curious as to what mod is causing your problems.

Remember, it's always best to see the results for yourself instead of being told inaccuracies.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:41:22 PM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 05, 2020, 11:04:46 AM »

Great, I guess your run is over then.

Congratulations, you've convinced everyone in this thread that you're passive agressive and rude. What's the next step in your epic troll? Next time maybe lose a chromosome and then we can talk like normal people.

You've got a PM in your inbox.

By the way, it is a mod owners prerogative to not spoil the the content of their mod.

Hi mod. Where is this prerogative written? I'd like to see that. I'd also like to see where it says that you have to act like a smart@ss if someome with their first post on this forum asks a simple polite question. "Inb4 spoiling" I think not designing a mod properly and asking how a mechanic of it works in order to have a better experience is totally not a reason to answer like that. But thanks for the "warning", real classy.
Chill dude, your making a bigger deal out of this then it needs to be.

sabinlord

• Ensign
  • Apparently it's a crime here to ask questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 05, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »

PSA: you're*
Also, to everyone else in this forum : Ever hear of spoiler marks or private messages? Let me show you what it's like:
Spoiler
Here you can show sh!t while signaling to other readers that it's a spoiler. Mysterious.
[close]
There. Was it really necessary to act like gatekeepers? What a forum dude.
Apparently it's a crime here to ask questions.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 05, 2020, 12:16:54 PM »

Wow, there's quite some activity here! so - from the start.

Massive review post

I won't comment on all of these - it's just too much :)
Thank you for the comments on how you feel about the features. I read all stuff here, even if I don't comment on it, and adjust upcoming or past things with the general opinion in mind, so it's appreciated.
Just some notes on a few things that stood out to me:
Military/Interstellar Relays:
Sorry you feel misled. It was not my intention, and I think I might have been unclear on some points - Codewise, all fleets are the same. Detachment or Picket, no matter. However - and that's where you are right - spawn rate is not affected by the relay. It's something I'm thinking on, and it might get shoved into the interstellar relay at some point, as long as it doesn't exceed a certain limit.

Centralization Bureau:
We got a notorious min-maxer on the discord who loves this thing to death cause it's effectively OP if you set up your colonies correctly - but yeah, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Embassy:
This is hilarious to me - I was told, just yesterday, that embassies are useless and I should rework them. I got the feeling they might be in a good place :P

Privateer Base:
I'll add a toggle, good point - especially with RE.

Requisitions Center:
Give the AI core effects another look - I think you might be missing the point of the building. This can, if properly applied, source super rare faction weaponry for you.

Engineering Hub:
I'd call that a case of "doesn't fit your style". It's to supplement specific blueprint acquisition, but it was never meant to replace the other ways to get them - unless you desire that.

Courier Port:
I thank you for the feedback - but really can't relate to that. The setup is as streamlined as it can ever be in Starsectors limited GUI modding options, and it's rather straightforward, even, for something as complicated as this. I will concede, however, that the system currently has teething issues due to weird bugs - which are on their way to get squashed.

Regarding the Derelicts - you are missing out, in my opinion - but I have already heard that some people do not consider them worth it, since they require a departure from the usual colony game. They might not be for you, but it doesn't detract from the fact that they are rad af :P
[close]

Storage Bug

That one's caused by Common Drops, which replaces the normal blueprints with custom ones that I did not account for. I'll add support for it in an upcoming update, thank you for the report.

I think the loading bug with the requisitions center is still there. I have a save I abandoned because of the bug, and I checked back on it today after installing 1.8.b. It still had the glitch-but it would go away once I deleted the requisitions center. I also noticed its only the alpha-cored requisitions center that does it, and i store all my weapons in that market storage. I also noticed a faction relation notification for trading with a faction named "rssa" sometimes when i purchased weapons from the requisitions center.

The fact that it's caused by the Alpha was the missing piece I needed to properly fix this. Thank you a lot - this really, really helped.
rssa is one of the dummy factions I use to set the colours of submarkets - you can ignore that, it won't do anything and I'll see to fixing it!

Rant

Please reconsider your behaviour. It's my mod - I made it from the ground up - and can withhold, or provide, whatever information I want about it.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 05, 2020, 12:51:47 PM »

I won't comment on all of these - it's just too much :)
Thank you for the comments on how you feel about the features. I read all stuff here, even if I don't comment on it, and adjust upcoming or past things with the general opinion in mind, so it's appreciated.
Just some notes on a few things that stood out to me:
Sorry you feel misled. It was not my intention, and I think I might have been unclear on some points - Codewise, all fleets are the same. Detachment or Picket, no matter. However - and that's where you are right - spawn rate is not affected by the relay. It's something I'm thinking on, and it might get shoved into the interstellar relay at some point, as long as it doesn't exceed a certain limit.

Centralization Bureau:
We got a notorious min-maxer on the discord who loves this thing to death cause it's effectively OP if you set up your colonies correctly - but yeah, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Embassy:
This is hilarious to me - I was told, just yesterday, that embassies are useless and I should rework them. I got the feeling they might be in a good place :P

Privateer Base:
I'll add a toggle, good point - especially with RE.

Requisitions Center:
Give the AI core effects another look - I think you might be missing the point of the building. This can, if properly applied, source super rare faction weaponry for you.

Engineering Hub:
I'd call that a case of "doesn't fit your style". It's to supplement specific blueprint acquisition, but it was never meant to replace the other ways to get them - unless you desire that.

Courier Port:
I thank you for the feedback - but really can't relate to that. The setup is as streamlined as it can ever be in Starsectors limited GUI modding options, and it's rather straightforward, even, for something as complicated as this. I will concede, however, that the system currently has teething issues due to weird bugs - which are on their way to get squashed.

Regarding the Derelicts - you are missing out, in my opinion - but I have already heard that some people do not consider them worth it, since they require a departure from the usual colony game. They might not be for you, but it doesn't detract from the fact that they are rad af :P
[close]

Thanks for the lengthy reply, i'd like to add to my some final notes:

Bottom Line
It's ok, i don't say that i was lied to with bitterness, it was more stating a fact that i should've cleared this issue on my own and see for myself how the effect handled. The Relays still gives an amazing bonus still and fast pickets can get the size of the average patrol in a vanilla game, while detachments from a High Command can become truly massive.

Centralization Bureau:
The building fits a playstyle that i am generally not used to, which is stacking a system with a certain industry. The only difference i have is that i diversify on each system instead of focusing. Never tried to imply it was bad or anything, just low priority on my list.

Embassy:
The argument stands if you only have a single embassy and the faction you want to pacify is on an alliance with someone else that hates you, in that scenario it is useless, but i mean... c'mon now... it's obviously not the fault of the embassy in that case. However, it is a certainty that just one is not gonna cut it if you want "absolute peace". Also that person might just be unlucky and the faction he wants to pacify wages war on him before reaching the neutral level, in which is case it is also not the fault of the embassy.

Privateer Base:
I'd also like to request a toggle for the "your privateers could not find a place to raid" type of message, since it can get a bit annoying to see this every month, like "ok, i get it guys, you are bloodthirsty and even thought i am paying you with all the booze and women you could ever ask for, you still itch, i don't need to be reminded of your weird kinks each month."

Requisitions Center:
I'm not denying that it is a potential source for rare weapons and that each AI core gives it a effect that changes this (and even more if you mix it with an embassy) it's mostly that by the time i build one i'm pretty much mostly overprepared with lots of money and a fleet to sport. The prebuilt one is useful thought.

Engineering Hub:
It's the case that i have many other options that i'd rather try and the Engineer looks the more cumbersome one by comparison. The building actually works best when you are in a commission/governorship/alliance as you can have free reign on their rare ships that you can't find on the Prism Freeport.

Courier Port:
I congratulate you on trying something entirely new, really, and i understand this was done as best as possible, i really do understand this was not half assed or anything and it is not my intention to discourage you from continuing working on this idea further, for all that it's worth, your ability is not being put into question, but i don't like it.

Derelicts:
I don't consider them a departure of my usual game simply because i don't know what they do, the mystery is still there and eventually i plan to tackle it. It's just that each system i capture isa meticulous and time consuming process of tailoring it into self sufficiency so i can properly grant it autonomy with a clear conscience. It's not that I'm actively avoiding them cuz i think they're bad, it's just that the "colonize that system with the weird industry" task is on a queue. I'm sure i'm missing out, and i will continue to miss out for the time being. But i won't lie that the mystery on itself is an incentive and so far i only have hints with the forge-blueprint thingys. It's not something i intend to be spoiled on, since that's part of the design for the mod.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 12:56:06 PM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 05, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »

PSA: you're*
Also, to everyone else in this forum : Ever hear of spoiler marks or private messages? Let me show you what it's like:
Spoiler
Here you can show sh!t while signaling to other readers that it's a spoiler. Mysterious.
[close]
There. Was it really necessary to act like gatekeepers? What a forum dude.
Oh sorry didn't know this was english class,  *you;,re'r
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:22:16 PM by connortron7 »

Kartoffel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 05, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »

I do quite say that this conversation is getting out of hand and see the issue here.

sabinlord-"Wants more information on hidden content", but gets more angry by each response.

SirHartley-Responds with vague hints than eventually turning him down, though "not in the best way".

Everyone Else-Tries to give explanation SirHartley's intention but are caught in the fire.

(The quotes "" are to highlight references used in the conversation that can be interpret in a negative way. It's hard to interpret emotions based on said text, so it becomes important on how things are said.)

There's a clear misunderstanding going on (due to how each meaning is said) and such negative conversation must come to be ceased, if hostilities were to be abolished. To avert future conflict, it'd be nice, if both of you (SirHartley and sabinlord) can settle this peacefully and appreciate the amount of work put in this mod, especially with SirHartley's investment to it. Can't we all be friends?

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 06, 2020, 06:41:42 AM »

Some people here don't seem to be fans of the Courier Port, but I really appreciate recurrent contracts for letting me automatize the Supercomputer restocking process.
I mean, sure, I could just stuff the storage with enough cores to last me the entire run, but I very much prefer to optimize.

One minor problem though: unlike most fleets from your faction, the couriers don't seem to recognize you when your transponder is off. I was idling near a destination planet and noticed the courier fleet basically making wide circles around it, and when I moused over, it said that it was running from my fleet. I had to turn the transponder on for it to finish the delivery.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:52 AM »

Some people here don't seem to be fans of the Courier Port
Part of the problem with it that it's a departure from vanilla mechanics which on it's own isn't bad. But this adds micromanagement, which is at best an acquired taste.

Every process in vanilla that outputs items from industry to storage does so by sending it to the 'gathering point' directly with no input from the player beyond specifying where that is.
The Courier port mechanics insisting that you manage that process yourself is not really something I have much desire for.
I get that 'realism' is a draw. But (imo) gameplay is always superior to realism and this level of micro really doesn't add anything to the game for me except rote tasks that I'm just not interested in.
Definitely appreciative of having the option to revert it all to vanilla standards in the settings tho. So thanks for including that.

Also, I found a giant printer that is super awesome. But makes things I'm reluctant to use because they're all incompatible with the one thing I must have.
I think that counts as a 'meaningful choice'.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 06, 2020, 09:31:54 AM »

One minor problem though: unlike most fleets from your faction, the couriers don't seem to recognize you when your transponder is off. I was idling near a destination planet and noticed the courier fleet basically making wide circles around it, and when I moused over, it said that it was running from my fleet. I had to turn the transponder on for it to finish the delivery.

This is not a problem exclusive to this mod or related to this mod, every trader fleet (being from another faction or from your faction) will have this issue. I've had happen this since forever, way before installing Industrial Evolution.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 06, 2020, 10:03:36 AM »

This is not a problem exclusive to this mod or related to this mod, every trader fleet (being from another faction or from your faction) will have this issue. I've had happen this since forever, way before installing Industrial Evolution.
I don't recall ever seeing this happen with standard trader fleets from my faction, but I'd be lying if I said that I ever paid much attention to them, so I'll take your word for it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 154