Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236894 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.7.d - Industries with non-standard effects
« Reply #345 on: September 09, 2020, 09:27:24 AM »

Regarding to not lawless Privateer Base, I recently suggested one of the options.

It might be not best of the ideas (to be honest, it just bad), but general concept still fair: Privateer Base already kind of OP, so if you suggest it being not lawless (buff) you have to nerf it in some other way. Serious nerf, I mean. Just huge upkeep isn't enough.

What can be serious nerf?

-Decrease raid frequency or strength.
-Decrease (or even remove) loot.
-Dramatically limit targets they able to raid.
-Each raid can have direct impact to player gameplay. Either rep lose to numerous factions, or requiring player personal participation in raid, or consuming normally irreplaceable resource, or else...
-Draconic penalty if raid is failed.
-Larger negative impact to all player's markets in a system.
-Else in this vein.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2020, 12:57:52 AM »

Regarding to not lawless Privateer Base, I recently suggested one of the options.

It might be not best of the ideas (to be honest, it just bad), but general concept still fair: Privateer Base already kind of OP, so if you suggest it being not lawless (buff) you have to nerf it in some other way. Serious nerf, I mean. Just huge upkeep isn't enough.

-Each raid can have direct impact to player gameplay. Either rep lose to numerous factions, or requiring player personal participation in raid, or consuming normally irreplaceable resource, or else...
-Else in this vein.

Hmm, for drawbacks, I guess--
1. The player loses rep (3-5 rep. Given the frequency of raids, I'd say this can pile up pretty quickly) from the targeted faction (additionally, the faction's allies, if any, for 2-3 rep).
2. The upgraded base should demand ship hulls and marines. If any of it's most recent raids failed, the demand for both increases (if demands not met, base is hit with higher upkeep + stability penalty of x amount of products not met).

not really sure what else to add for drawbacks, but yeah

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2020, 02:43:37 PM »

-Else in this vein.

Of everything currently discussed, this is what I agree with the most.
The base is teetering on OP already - any additional benefits would have to be countered by a change in functionality, or a massive nerf to existing features.

Anything that does not directly affect how a player handles the building is not enough - this includes imports, cost and reputation - which get rendered useless by other mods, or are not impactful enough even in vanilla.

If I made it send 3 concurrent raids, it would no longer bring back loot, and get a huge nerf to fleet size.
If I made it target non hostile factions, it would cause a rep penalty - but it would also trigger an immediate response in kind (raids targeting your faction), paired with a reduction in spoils and accessibility loss of the planet.

All of that was considered when I made the thing, but I decided the most fun concept was also the most basic - send a raid, get loot.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »

most fun concept was also the most basic - send a raid, get loot.

Hmm... Not just "hmm", but HMMM!!! ©

If the best concept happens to be the simplest, why not try simple things further?

Privateer base: sand a raid => get loot.

Mercenary den(possible Privateer base upgrade or alternative): Pay a money(based on target strength) => send a raid(you chose where) => get loot.

Task force HQ(military alternative): Pay a money => send a raid(no loot).

Vivisection Center(dark side option) Send a raid => Satbomb&plunder everything(greatly reduced loot)

Department of aggressive investments("clear hands" solution): Pay a money => persuade pirates to raid your foes instead of you (no rep lose and off course no loot)

Procurement Office(Traders choice): Detect NPC market deficit => Send a trade fleet there (If player produce that commodity) => Get rep&money(If manage to reach destination and back)

Genocide node(Yes, I am drunk  ;D): Collect enough AI cores => Launch devastating "Kill all humans" raid onto system you apparently hate for some reason (Once arrived in system fleets became hostile to everyone, including player)

Andres

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »

Hello Guys
I'm getting this:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_pirateHaven.getBestTarg etSystem(deconomics_pirateHaven.java:419)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_pirateHaven.getRaidTarg et(deconomics_pirateHaven.java:399)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_pirateHaven.reportEcono myTick(deconomics_pirateHaven.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any idea what it can be?
I'm using version 1.7d

Cheers

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 18, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »

This post was rewritten several times, as my fantasy flies faster, than I able to crystallize it in a words. In a current state this suggestion is barely belong to ind.evo domain, but I already started to write it here... so... I'm to lazy to move it elsewhere. You can ignore it completely, tho'.

I am a lazy ass!
The suggestion is to add a structure, that will be able to spawn a support fleet, that follows a player. If player uses ability (sustain burn, go dark, transponder, etc), it will try to use it too. Player skills bonuses does not applied to support fleet, tho'. Fleet composition is entirely player-defined, as each ship used should be manually added to a custom storage. Not to be too OP, support fleet should be capped in fleet size or overall DP cost (not sure what would be better), so exceeded ships from storage wouldn't spawn in a fleet. Fleet composition refreshes only when player interact with home market. Support fleet depend on resources such as supplies, crew and fuel, player should manually add them to a custom storage. It can not store more than a maximal capacity of that resources of spawned ships or store any other commodity. If support fleet running low on that resources it returns home. If fleet loses some ships in battle, they are removed from custom storage (and opposite, if ship is removed from storage, it disappear from the fleet). Player can "dock" to that fleet in space to refresh support fleet supplies/fuel/crew, but can not take those back (to prevent abusing). Additionally, player able to assign up to 4 officers to that fleet (ships they are command of are chosen automatically by "fleet points" and "number" values from ship_data.csv). When player attack (or being attacked by) enemy, support fleet will try to participate fight as ally force (if close enough). Support fleet would not deploy in battle logistic ships, marked as "civilian" (respective hullmod). Also wuld be great, if support fleet (if close enough) would affect to salvage/survey interactions.
[close]

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 18, 2020, 09:37:06 PM »

Hello Guys
I'm getting this:
Spoiler
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_pirateHaven.getBestTarg etSystem(deconomics_pirateHaven.java:419)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_pirateHaven.getRaidTarg et(deconomics_pirateHaven.java:399)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_pirateHaven.reportEcono myTick(deconomics_pirateHaven.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
[close]
Any idea what it can be?
I'm using version 1.7d

Cheers

Huh, I was about to report the same thing. I've been getting the same issue recently;

Spoiler
[close]

Thought I was probably the only one, but hey.

Update: Managed to bypass this issue by removing the only privateer base I had built.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:13:46 PM by Minitialize »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 19, 2020, 07:04:22 AM »

-Else in this vein.
What if you would actually need AI core for one to procure anything but commodities? Say, by default it only raids for commodities from some market and deals minor rep loss for hostile action. With Beta core installed it will prioritize military markets to loot weapons, hull mods and LPCs, though weapons and supplies could also be stolen. With an Alpha core raiders will target industrial markets to procure valuable blueprints but you are unlikely to get anything else. And gamma could instead make for more frequent raids on poorly protected markets.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2020, 07:44:06 AM »

@Farya, that is actually, a decent point. Not sure if balanced, but yeah, sounds interesting.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 23, 2020, 08:34:21 AM »

Is it possible to release a hotfix update to fix version checker issue? There's an issue with version file being unreacheble on bitbucket after recent bitbucket change AFAIK. It would be a shame to miss the next update without it and it's painfull to go trough the mods manually.

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 24, 2020, 05:41:13 PM »

This mod is still reporting correctly on version checker though, no? At least the last time I looked at version checker it showed up.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2020, 01:10:33 AM »

This mod is still reporting correctly on version checker though, no? At least the last time I looked at version checker it showed up.
As in version 1.7d, no, it's not.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2020, 03:57:14 AM »

and it will stay that way until the next update, since it's neither game breaking nor a real problem.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2020, 08:48:47 AM »

Got some floating bug with an academy, trying to reproduce with stable steps: As for now, placing administrators into academy which belongs to another faction and then starting to train some officer/administrator will leave administrators unrecoverable and "storage fee" still applying to end of the month income. Recover administrators button is greyed out, so I cannot take them back. I'll try to approach this bug several times, trying random core worlds from Nexerlin, vanilla Core worlds etc. Will come back with the results.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 25, 2020, 09:00:19 AM »

Recover administrators button is greyed out

Sometimes that happens if you have maxed officers in your fleet. Try store one of the officers in academy, recover administrator and then the officer.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 155