Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236503 times)

Seiryn Coltrip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.7.d - Industries with non-standard effects
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »

Fantastic addition to the game, but I was wondering if there's a way to see how many credits D-mods take to remove before storing ships and if you can store ships without having them repaired automatically. Salvaged my first Paragon and right after repair it put me wayyy in the red, so now I'm thinkin of how to come back from that so my officers don't abandon ship. And again, fantastic mod. You, Histidine, and Sundog have really livened up Starsector and it's great.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »

Almost forgot, can we have that "export structures" on some vanilla markets? They do exactly the same, but player pays a fixed tariff from income to a colony it located on.

Nope, that one will be player colony only - don't be lazy, sell your own stuff :P

Fantastic addition to the game, but I was wondering if there's a way to see how many credits D-mods take to remove before storing ships and if you can store ships without having them repaired automatically. Salvaged my first Paragon and right after repair it put me wayyy in the red, so now I'm thinkin of how to come back from that so my officers don't abandon ship. And again, fantastic mod. You, Histidine, and Sundog have really livened up Starsector and it's great.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Regarding your question - just hover over the storage tooltip and press F1, it will give you a cost prediction.
Gamma and Beta cores also change how the building operates - check out their tooltips!

Seiryn Coltrip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »

Oh, of course! Can't believe I missed that. Thanks.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2020, 06:10:51 AM »

Nope, that one will be player colony only - don't be lazy, sell your own stuff

Oy, vay! ©
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2020, 06:21:21 PM »

Well, seems like i will be stuck with this build untill i end this playthrough. And need to sell this 60k by myself. Still good news, cuz i always have huge piles of *** in my stashes.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2020, 12:57:14 AM »

Suggestion:

New edict: demilitarized zone. Can not be used on planets with military buildings (patrol HQ, privateer base, etc.) Nullifies ground defense strength and fleet size from planet, making it extremely vulnerable. Grants +100% to any income (stack with other bonuses) and +50% accessibility. Any shiphulls and heavy armament production is removed from planet. Removing edict causes some rep loss with factions presented in-system.

Also, instead of mentioned bonuses, colony could have decreased chance to be chosen as target for any punitive expedition. Off course, if this is possible to do.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2020, 04:15:05 AM »

Such bonuses, especially in system with many planets will broke economy even harder than any regular colonies. With such numbers you can simply add cash via console, effect will be the same.
Also, whole idea of "demilitarized zone" going against the game lore. In the game even in most secured zones of central systems war and pirate raids are common thing.
Any demilitarized zone will be a suicide, and will cause exact opposite effect than "decreased chance to be chosen as target for any punitive expedition". Because pronouncing planet as demilitarized zone its literally -"everyone, please, raid us for your heart content".

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2020, 04:22:31 AM »

Holly hell! You are right! I made an annoying typo when translating! "Suggestion" should be read as "Stupid suggestion", cos' that is exactly what it was.

Google translate set me up again.

Offtopic
Such a question: the forum still does not digest the Cyrillic?
[close]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:25:55 AM by Mondaymonkey »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »

Suggestion. Structure, that requires a two industry slots like privateer base and doing similar (but opposite in the same time) thing. If any hostile faction perform a successful raid or expedition to any player market in a same system, planet with this structure will send strong raid to the planet (not system), that send those hostile expedition. Will not return any loot, but provide large "recent unrest" and disrupt military structures. Description should say "Can cause deciv", as it what it meant to do. Can not have more than one in a system. Will not send any raid if enemy raid was unsuccessful or faction not hostile. Can not be built in a same system with privateer base. No more than one revenge fleet for X month. If no target for revenge fleet - will attack pirate bases or LP bases (and destroy if success) if they hostile to player and provide respective active influence (pirate activity or active LP cells on markets, disrupted or sleeper are not counted). If those bases are not discovered yet - structure will reveal their position instead of attack (counts as revenge raid).

Yeah, It's a lawful version of privateer base basically.

Almost forgot - epic monthly upkeep! ~1-2m would be right just fine for what it does!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:32:37 AM by Mondaymonkey »

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2020, 08:54:01 AM »

Been looking for a mod that adds more buildings, this just takes the cake for me. I've been building the same structures in nearly all of my colonies, some of which aren't even necessary. Thank you for creating this wonderful mod.  :)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »

I remember, someone once mention something similar, not sure if it was here. (search didn't find)

Suggestion: Exploration depot industry. Does not do anything until player "feed" it with survey data. Each data increase total score based on survey data rank (not linear, tho'. Something like lvl5 data ~ 20-50* lvl1 data). That value exponentially determines building level. On a lesser ranks will not generate nothing but income monthly, based on rank. From some point there are progressive probability of obtaining some resources, common or uncommon weapons and LPC, etc. Highest ranks (really-really hard to obtain, like full survey data of a half of a sector) can provide a small chance of obtaining some rare special items. Almost forgot: Upkeep is increasing with rank.

Cath: Building generates player faction "Salvage fleet", that run from home to random picked full-explored planet and back. If it is destroyed because any reason - building is disrupted for X month, but upkeep remains. Fleet strength based on market fleet size and quality values, but it is significantly weaker, than average detachment from this planet. Also, contains a lot of salvage rig role ships.

If removed from market, all survey data inside building goes to storage.

anhkhoa3302

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2020, 07:15:07 PM »

Military relay and intrstellar relay aren't supposed to be this ,right :v Beside, the colony have largest fleet size also gain the buff from the relay applied for smaller colonies . My english isn't good but I hope you get it, please fix the relay

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 03, 2020, 02:06:13 AM »

Hello. I'm not sure if this was intended to fix some certain bug I'm not aware of, but a salvage yard in one of my markets turned into a market of it's own. At first glance, it doesn't seem all that bad since it still generates income from the salvage gathered in the system by itself, but the thing is, it also requires an administrator whom I can't bother to assign with since it's useless. I'm unable to assign an AI core to it since I can't "dock" at the non-existent planet (nor am I able to build structures on it, can't access the said market's colony management UI).

Meanwhile, other salvage yards present in my game appear to function without any issues.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2020, 05:13:05 AM »

Military relay and intrstellar relay aren't supposed to be this ,right :v Beside, the colony have largest fleet size also gain the buff from the relay applied for smaller colonies . My english isn't good but I hope you get it, please fix the relay

Nope, that's a bug. Don't use Alpha Cores in High Command for now - it triggers this problem.
It's fixed in the dev version, thank you for the report!

Hello. I'm not sure if this was intended to fix some certain bug I'm not aware of, but a salvage yard in one of my markets turned into a market of it's own. At first glance, it doesn't seem all that bad since it still generates income from the salvage gathered in the system by itself, but the thing is, it also requires an administrator whom I can't bother to assign with since it's useless. I'm unable to assign an AI core to it since I can't "dock" at the non-existent planet (nor am I able to build structures on it, can't access the said market's colony management UI).

Meanwhile, other salvage yards present in my game appear to function without any issues.

This is intended behaviour. The Yards establish a colony with a preassigned admin to export alongside heavy industry.

You do not need to do anything with it, as it works and functions on its' own.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »

BTW, Suggestion:

Do you remember those sordid TT usurers in a bar? Why not became one?

Credit bank industry will deducts from the player account random value (but no more than that planet monthly profit) and borrow it to some dubious person. After a 6 month player get it back + interest value.

Cath: there are small probability that debtor will refuse to pay. In this case, game will create custom bounty with no expire time and reward equal of debt. Bounty fleet strength based on debt size. Other debtors will delay payments until player proves with plasmagun they should pay in time. There are some cooldown period with no bad debtors after player defeat last custom bounty.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 155