Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235757 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

- Academy description said it massively increase hireable persons. And it is not. It can be compatibility issue with "better colonies" mod. It uses it's own mechanic for hireable people.
It is entirely possible that BC is *** me over here. In vanilla, the Academy ensures that at least one officer and admin are present at any time, with an almost 15% spawn chance/day

-Salvage yard looks like have some issues with salvages from expeditions being defeated by system patrols (no player presence in system). I am raided with pirates and expeditions a lot, each and every time defeated by defenders, but massage (and salvage value increased) appear only sometimes. Mostly nothing happens.
I'll have to check this out. At the moment, it triggers on anything that is based on a raid, so it should trigger on expeditions as well.

-Salvage yard have no (or minor, so I can't see it) influence on fleet quality. Even when it have lot of material and alpha core (which IIRC should not negate this effect). Is there a way to check if effect applies?
-20% applied to the local and the planet with the highest hull production, stacking. It doesn't matter where your highest output is, the penalty always applies. Note that with Orbital works and a pristine forge you will not, or only extremely rarely, see it have an effect - but if you only have a degraded forge, it'll be very noticeable.

- P.S. Privateer base description said it will not cause deciv. Apparently it can. My Donn just deciv from my single privateer raid. It was strong raid, tho.
It can't cause deciv on its' own, but if the planet is raided by something else or has other problems, it can definitely contribute!

- Does privateer base have some kind of max radius? If it is, what kind of value?
No max value, no limit. It can't raid the same system in short succession though.

I can't figure out how to build an interstellar array?

EDIT: Because I no update like a smart smart.

lmao

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

-20% applied to the local and the planet with the highest hull production, stacking. It doesn't matter where your highest output is, the penalty always applies. Note that with Orbital works and a pristine forge you will not, or only extremely rarely, see it have an effect - but if you only have a degraded forge, it'll be very noticeable.

Looks like pristine NF removes the effect entirely:

Colony with SY, when other colony has OW with PNF, 108% average quality:
[close]
SY was removed, still 108%
[close]
Save reloaded. This time OW is removed from the other planet. 18% average quality. Yeah, it is noticeable now
[close]

P.S. As a cherry on the top, you can see an interstellar array 2000%+ fleet size. It happens when you upgrade one of your military relays into interstellar. Once upgraded, bug disappear. Pretty sure that raid that instantly deciv Donn was form during that bug, as it was 3-fleets capspam. Suggestion: ignore the military relay bonus in raid straight calculations. Even if bug is removed I think it's fair for privateers to entirely relay on the local colony strength, not external.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

checked the code again, the quality penalty only applies to the largest ship-hull producer in the faction, as that is also the value that gets considered for factionwide fleet quality

so it makes sense that the planet you have the yards on don't get the penalty if you have OW somewhere else. Check the planet with orbital works - it will have the penalty.

regarding the relay bug - I know, it's fixed in dev. Thank you for the report!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Check the planet with orbital works - it will have the penalty.

I have checked that at the first. Just forgot to made a screen, so didn't include in a post. It works.

All I want to say - having OW on the larger planet is cure for ship quality penalty, with no negative sides to SY. So... If someone ever say that quality penalty is a big deal - you now have a sharpened stick to answer that.

Fucifa

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sir,may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector forum?
Your mod is interesting.The embassy is exactly what the game lacks now.
Here's it's address:https://www.fossic.org/
Would appreciate it if you agree ;D

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

-Salvage yard looks like have some issues with salvages from expeditions being defeated by system patrols (no player presence in system). I am raided with pirates and expeditions a lot, each and every time defeated by defenders, but massage (and salvage value increased) appear only sometimes. Mostly nothing happens.
I'll have to check this out. At the moment, it triggers on anything that is based on a raid, so it should trigger on expeditions as well.
It might be a nexerilin invasion fleet, not sure they count as raids.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

No Nex.

Actually, I think I know what happens. Related to interstellar relay superfleet bug.

Not sure the mechanic, but fleets related to superfleet market are also affected. Couple times I saw expedition forces was defeated by my mercantile convoy, and as it was in a hyperspace - objectively no salvage units shouldn't be generated. Once I saw how independent bounty hunters (probably my system related, as they are capspam, which is unusual) kills a pirate armada in the hyperspace.

I think it is possible that those raids, that was not give me any salvage, was defeated by my forces or related indies before they reach the system. Do not remember this part. But the fact is: once I finish upgrading all my relays, I start to get salvage units and messages from all expeditions defeated.

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any particular reason why archaeology structure doesn’t provide any artifacts for the player specifically, as in, put it in his storage?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Any particular reason why archaeology structure doesn’t provide any artifacts for the player specifically, as in, put it in his storage?

I am sorry, mister, are we talking about Tech-mining industry (vanilla)? As far as I know, Industrial Evolution does not have any impact on it's work.

And as "artifact" word appear it is also possible you mean "Domain era archeology" industry. This is a wrong thread. In that case you need to post that in TASC thread. However, the answer would be: "it is intended to fit vanilla market import/export mechanic", tho'.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Sir,may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector forum?
Your mod is interesting.The embassy is exactly what the game lacks now.
Here's it's address:https://www.fossic.org/
Would appreciate it if you agree ;D

Sure thing, I'm happy to see interest from the Chinese community as well!
Just be aware, there is a pretty bad bug with the Interstellar array at the moment- no crash, just ~10k% fleet size fleets (fixed in dev), and the menu point for retrieving a stored Admin from the Academy vanishes if you don't have free officer capacity in your fleet - both of these are fixed for the next release.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:36:01 AM by SirHartley »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Regarding to tech-mining.

Suggestion: add an industry that will do exactly the same tech-mining do, but much faster. Much higher upkeep, demand and probably some penalties to stability, growth or else. And it would be great if it was able to clean the potential completely, not 0.95^X, vanilla do.

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I am sorry, mister, are we talking about Tech-mining industry (vanilla)? As far as I know, Industrial Evolution does not have any impact on it's work.

And as "artifact" word appear it is also possible you mean "Domain era archeology" industry. This is a wrong thread. In that case you need to post that in TASC thread. However, the answer would be: "it is intended to fit vanilla market import/export mechanic", tho'.

Yes, I mean the Domain era archaelogy. I was sure this was added by your mod. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

ShoelessRider

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, my save no longer loads after updating this mod to the latest version from 1.7.b and I made the mistake of not having a backup. Do you guys still have the 1.7.b version I can download or could you try to look at the problem for me? Much appreciated.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18758.0.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi, my save no longer loads after updating this mod to the latest version from 1.7.b and I made the mistake of not having a backup. Do you guys still have the 1.7.b version I can download or could you try to look at the problem for me? Much appreciated.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18758.0.

Try removing the Salvage Yards, then updating, then placing them again. I have never seen that crash before, but it is caused by the yards.
You can get any version of Industrial.Evolution from my repo
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:59:42 AM by SirHartley »

Fucifa

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I just found a problems.

https://oss.fossic.org/forum/202006/29/191148h91l5wv8.png
The one is that my translation is to find the interface appears in English about the core of AI
The premise that the kernel is completely Chinese
I don’t know if you have modified the AI text?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:26:30 AM by Fucifa »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 154