Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1259522 times)

Arazach

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.0.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #615 on: April 12, 2021, 06:22:14 AM »

so got this error
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.l ogRepChange(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:119)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.o nNewDay(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.onNewDay(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:136)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.advance(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

some context
i am comisioned by tri tachion
tritachion went to war with persean league
message anouncing ambasador resignation apeared
and about 10 seconds later the game crashed

edit1: in the same game i found a bug
i shutdown a supercomputer (remotely i think) with gama core in it
and after that all planets in sector still reported *1,05 income

edit2:
also when i had betacore installed in embasy the penalty for removing was done at the end of every month even when i didnt do anything with the core/building
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 07:11:41 AM by Arazach »

skairunner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 12, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »

Is it intentional that you have to have a military base in-system to build a Military Relay to later build an Interstellar Relay? I'm trying to have a central military base and transmit its power through the interwebs, but I need to build a military base somewhere in the system first and that takes quite a lot of time and money :(

Edit: Also, the interstellar relay isn't active at all without a military base in the system, oof.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:59:52 PM by skairunner »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 12, 2021, 10:05:11 PM »

Is it intentional that scavengers tend to create infinite loops fighting each other over the scraps of their previous battles?

In more than one game, almost vanilla, nexerelin, etc... I noticed while exploring distant systems that sometimes I would run into 3, 4 different scavenger fleets, that would fight, leave a ton of hulls, attract more scavengers, that would fight, leave more ton of hulls...

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 13, 2021, 03:59:44 AM »

So i know that it probably is OP but, would it be possible to add settings so that i do not need a blueprint to make a blueprint of something? usually when I want a paragon the thing is that I have no other blueprints, else i would be using other ships. also, was the bug of lacking resources for the variable assemblies fixed? because i remember using it but it always staying on lack of resources supplied, thus always outputting less than it should(probably because of the -30 ramp up thing not being removed).
oh and another thing, would it be possible to make the industrial ruins(or something) into a planetary feature like "forge ruins" or something like that after settling, because having a building slot taken up when the slots are already limited is...well... I wanna rebuild it when needed
else love the mod, will use it in the next playtrough with nexerelin! i wonder how effective raids are, considering the new stuff...

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 14, 2021, 07:55:27 AM »

Not sure if this bug has been reported yet but, when doing the storyline one of the new salvage events can have unintended consequences.
Spoiler
In my current game, the Hamatsu had intel to send to two factions. Sending it to neither just has the event wait. Sending it to one or the other, then makes the derelict uninteractable. It still exists there, and has its unique text, but you can't actually 'investigate' it to progress the story. The only option you have left is 'Leave'.
[close]

verdanloop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 14, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »

The same thing happened to me, but instead it was the event where you would find some survey data items.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 15, 2021, 09:28:47 AM »

Righto, time to answer more stuff:

so got this error ...
Thank you so much! I did not know about some of these, they are fixed for the next release.

Is it intentional that you have to have a military base in-system to build a Military Relay to later build an Interstellar Relay? I'm trying to have a central military base and transmit its power through the interwebs, but I need to build a military base somewhere in the system first and that takes quite a lot of time and money :(

Edit: Also, the interstellar relay isn't active at all without a military base in the system, oof.
Yeah, that's intentional. I'll need to think if I want to disable that or do "needs a military base in the faction", since it's currently kinda not useable for its' intended purpose. I'll likely do "needs a base in the system OR a high command in another system".

Is it intentional that scavengers tend to create infinite loops fighting each other over the scraps of their previous battles?

In more than one game, almost vanilla, nexerelin, etc... I noticed while exploring distant systems that sometimes I would run into 3, 4 different scavenger fleets, that would fight, leave a ton of hulls, attract more scavengers, that would fight, leave more ton of hulls...
While I feel honoured that you confuse a Nexerelin with my mod, it's still a Nexerelin feature :P

So i know that it probably is OP but, would it be possible to add settings so that i do not need a blueprint to make a blueprint of something? usually when I want a paragon the thing is that I have no other blueprints, else i would be using other ships. also, was the bug of lacking resources for the variable assemblies fixed? because i remember using it but it always staying on lack of resources supplied, thus always outputting less than it should(probably because of the -30 ramp up thing not being removed).
oh and another thing, would it be possible to make the industrial ruins(or something) into a planetary feature like "forge ruins" or something like that after settling, because having a building slot taken up when the slots are already limited is...well... I wanna rebuild it when needed
else love the mod, will use it in the next playtrough with nexerelin! i wonder how effective raids are, considering the new stuff...
Firt one - nope, that'd need too much rework on the code to be worth it. I consider it balanced, if you don't have enough blueprints, you could try building a privateer base - they usually bring some home!

"bug of lacking resources for the variable assemblies" - first time I hear about it. If it was in some past mainline version, then yeah, it's probably fixed.

"Make industrial ruins(or something) into a planetary feature " - Nope. You can't just bulldoze and rebuild ancient forgotten technology. Check out my newest mod, Grand.Colonies.

The same thing happened to me, but instead it was the event where you would find some survey data items.
I sincerely apologize for that, it's fixed in the next version.

N3V3R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 15, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »

if editing a  planet how do i set them to have industrial ruins on them?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 15, 2021, 12:34:30 PM »

add the condition, don't do anything else.

N3V3R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 15, 2021, 12:37:08 PM »

right im not great at the coding part lmao what is the line to add?

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 15, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »

right im not great at the coding part lmao what is the line to add?

If you're using the Console Commands mod, you can use the command "list conditions" to see all the market conditions that you can add via the console.

For the ruins, dock with the planet and type this into the console:

Code
addcondition indevo_ruinscondition

N3V3R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 15, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »

ty for the help but what about editing the system file (i have a custom system im trying to edit) so i dont have to console command it each time? also i put in the line for unknown skies condition but it said missing condition IE didnt recognize it so how do i edit the files it takes the conditions from IE use unknown skies files as well

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 15, 2021, 12:54:54 PM »

Code
market.addcondition("indevo_ruinscondition");
market is whatever "colony" you want to add it to!

Do note that if you do that, and anyone starts the mod without indEvo installed, it will crash.

edit - btw, if you want a specific ruins industry, just add that one directly - the condition will resolve to a random one otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:02:16 PM by SirHartley »

N3V3R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:57 PM »

so for example i did add unknownskies floating continent condition but it says it cant find it as a condition IE mod A cant interact with mod B so what lines do i add for mod A to see mod Bs conditions as well

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 15, 2021, 01:12:48 PM »

so for example i did add unknownskies floating continent condition but it says it cant find it as a condition IE mod A cant interact with mod B so what lines do i add for mod A to see mod Bs conditions as well

The market condition ID for the UnknownSkies floating island is

Code
US_floating

Is that what you used?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 156