Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235667 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

you are just unlucky then!

So be it. Just in case you need any statistic, here is what I loot from total exploration of the sector:
Spoiler
[close]

Some VPC are definitely more common, than others, and not just in "rare vs ordinary" way.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

At the moment, all VPCs have an equal drop chance cause I had not figured out how to do proper drop groups when I made them and never changed it.
You getting more of a specific one is really just that - luck of the draw!

I'll probably take a look at them now though, since I'd like to have proper rarity division.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

New day, new update - Fixed the crashes I know about, some balance changes, Restoration docks are now available on some planets in the core worlds and can be used for a fee (see FAQ).
There is also a new building, the Academy - which can store your Officers/Administrators, train them (Personality changes for officers, skill training for Administrators), increases the officer quality in the star system and officer frequency on the planet it is built on. There are two in the core worlds, Galatia - Ancyra and on Hybrasil - Eochu Bres, which, again, you can use for a fee.

Military Arrays now work the way you think they work, rare VPCs are now actually rare, Edict: Lockdown is no longer completely useless and Slavery no longer OP.

just remember that building your own stuff will remove all fees and the risk of sudden hostility.

Change Log

1.7.a
  • General
  • Added - Loading screen tips
  • Adjusted - ModUpdater now also replaces Submarkets
  • Fixed - Item removal bug when updating the mod with an Ambassador in cargo
  • Variable Industries
  • Adjusted - VPCs no longer all have the same drop chance - rare stuff is now rare
  • Fixed - No longer replaces a pre-installed VPC under AI faction control
  • Military Arrays
  • Adjusted - Functionality change - now depends on the highest total fleet size between arrays.
  • Note - It now works the way you always thought it did, and it scales better.
  • Centralization Bureau
  • Added - Now supports Variable Manufactory if the same chip is installed (Exports only)
  • Fixed - Crash when removing/changing other industries
  • Fixed - Tooltip always showing "No duplicate industries" even if there are some
  • Supercomputer
  • Fixed - Storage no longer visible on AI colonies
  • Adjusted - removed the "Repair when destroyed" feature due to it causing crashes
  • Salvage Yards
  • Fixed - "Running out of salvage" message spam on removal
  • Adjusted - Ship hull output cap increased (buffed) to market size +2
  • Adjusted - Build cost from 250k to 200k
  • Embassy
  • Added - Mod Authors can now enable and disable ambassador availability via a memory key
  • Added - Support for Metelson Industries
  • Added - Support for Caparice Trade Co. (Yuri)
  • Added - Support for Creatures' other Faction
  • Fixed - Dismissal of an Ambassador via dialogue is no longer impossible
  • Fixed - Timers for Ambassador installation mini quest works again
  • Fixed - No longer spams "Vacated Office" message after reconquering a planet with an embassy
  • Fixed - Ambassadors that are installed after reconquering a planet now correctly appear
  • Senate
  • Adjusted - Edict: Forced Labour - Growth penalty increase to Market size * 2
  • Adjusted - Edict: Wartime Lockdown - Buffed bonuses, changed accessibility penalty to export penalty
  • Fixed - Removing the senate no longer causes Edicts to fail multiple times in succession
  • Fixed - Fixed the "counts down multiple days per day" bug
  • Restoration Docks
  • Added - Some factions now have restoration docks on their planets, which you can use for a fee.
  • Adjusted - New storage icon and colour (this is now a faction mod)
  • Privateer Base
  • Adjusted - Pirate Subpopulation Tooltip properly displays prefixes
  • Fixed - Can no longer raid for remnant and station part blueprints.
  • Fixed - Crash when you are non hostile to all factions
  • Academy
  • Added - Store and retrieve officers or administrators
  • Added - Train officers towards a different personality (1 increment, 2 with an Alpha core)
  • Added - Train administrators to have them gain more skills (2 max, like vanilla)
  • Added - Has a high daily chance to spawn a hireable Officer/Admin on the planet if there is none
  • Added - Increases officer spawn rate and quality for the planet it is built on (Defense fleets)
  • Added - Increases officer quality for all faction planets in the system (Defense fleets)
  • Added - Academy on Galatia and Eochu Bres which the player can access while non-hostile.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:53:24 AM by SirHartley »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

1.7.b Hotfix for a tooltip while not a lot of people updated yet
not doing a changelog for that one

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I hope the next update for Starsector finally adds more Building Slots to colonies.

This mod will definitely reach the next level if we actually have enough slots to build all the amazing stuff it brings.

Xenthalus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Since the output of the privateer base is based on the success of its raids, is it unaffected by modifiers that boost output such as Administrator skills or special buildings such as centralization bureau (assuming there are multiple privateer bases in the same system)?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Since the output of the privateer base is based on the success of its raids, is it unaffected by modifiers that boost output such as Administrator skills or special buildings such as centralization bureau (assuming there are multiple privateer bases in the same system)?

It'll work with admin skills to represent your Admin selling inventory for longer due to smart rationing.

It won't work with the bureau, I forgot if it works with edicts or not - probably not though.

Xenthalus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick response. That's good to know, I was thinking of doing a pirate run and having my primary "stronghold" system have multiple colonies running privateer base with a centralization bureau on one of them. Now I know not to waste time and money on the bureau. If I do end up doing the run I'll try setting up a senate and run an edict that boosts production to see if it increases and post my results here.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

checked the code, industrial incentives edict works with privateer base
Just keep in mind that you can only have one privateer base in a star system for obvious balance reasons

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hello,
I am interested in your mod as I think the colony game is real sparse. I realize you have the blurb at the top "There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods." and  I went back several pages but I have not seen anyone post if this mod is compatible with boggled's Terraforming and Station Construction mod. I wonder since they both add structures to planets.

Thanks!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hello,
I am interested in your mod as I think the colony game is real sparse. I realize you have the blurb at the top "There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods." and  I went back several pages but I have not seen anyone post if this mod is compatible with boggled's Terraforming and Station Construction mod. I wonder since they both add structures to planets.

Thanks!

Are they compatible? Sure they are! Almost made for each other. The only bad side - total 12 structures limit per market. So you have to chose between terraforming and Industrial evolution structures.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

where do I retrieve my stored administrators exactly??

the option to retrieve them is not showing anywhere

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

where do I retrieve my stored administrators exactly??

the option to retrieve them is not showing anywhere

here...
[close]

You can only retrieve administrator on the planet you stored them on.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:06:55 AM by SirHartley »

BrotherBiscuit

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Found a bug.

When I use Nexerelin's request a fleet feature to invade a current ally's planet, it seems that something about the Ambassadors that I currently have for said ally cause the game to crash with a NullPointerException. I've confirmed this is the source of the crash and can reliably produce it. Here is an excerpt from the crash log:

Spoiler
555877 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - player has heavy industry
555877 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - interstellarimperium has heavy industry
555878 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - luddic_church has heavy industry
555878 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - blackrock_driveyards has heavy industry
555878 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - persean has heavy industry
555883 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker  - newDay
555883 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker  - running OnNewDay for com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager
556173 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.getWarConsequen ces(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:254)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.onNewDay(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:203)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.onNewDay(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:157)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.advance(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:138)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Its possible that the additional 50% to negative changes was too high? Seeing as I lost 105 reputation in a single diplomatic blunder. Not quite sure what's causing it under the hood.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:00:23 PM by BrotherBiscuit »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Found a bug.

When I use Nexerelin's request a fleet feature to invade a current ally's planet, it seems that something about the Ambassadors that I currently have for said ally cause the game to crash with a NullPointerException. I've confirmed this is the source of the crash and can reliably produce it. Here is an excerpt from the crash log:

Spoiler
555877 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - player has heavy industry
555877 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - interstellarimperium has heavy industry
555878 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - luddic_church has heavy industry
555878 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - blackrock_driveyards has heavy industry
555878 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper  - persean has heavy industry
555883 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker  - newDay
555883 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker  - running OnNewDay for com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager
556173 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.getWarConsequen ces(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:254)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.onNewDay(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:203)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.onNewDay(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:157)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.advance(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:138)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Its possible that the additional 50% to negative changes was too high? Seeing as I lost 105 reputation in a single diplomatic blunder. Not quite sure what's causing it under the hood.

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for the report. This is an error that was present in the beta, but was fixed for the release - so it should go away once you update the mod.
Regarding the high negative change - I am not sure. If you attacked an ally with rep 100, it's possible your reputation dropped by around -150 - which could lead to a massive additional drop from the Embassy, even worse if you got more than one - the system is rather robust so this is somewhat of a surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 154