Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum Activation Email not being recieved on a select email service  (Read 656 times)

X1Alpha

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Was attempting to make an account to use this forum earlier today, with an email registered @hotmail.com (old email, now using the outlook service but keeping the old website domain). Having tested it on the two accounts i have using that domain (checking spam, having it resent, and just generally waited). I decided to make my account via a newer email, which as you can see works. Since i was having this issue, i figure it might be worthwhile to report it here. Might help anyone with a similar issue if this shows up on google searches.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Activation Email not being recieved on a select email service
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:19:51 PM »

Hi - thank you for the info, and welcome to the forum!

(... yeah, anti-spam on various email services is occasionally overzealous.)

X1Alpha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:49:10 PM »

Since it doesn't show up in any spam on those accounts (even disabled it on one and had it resend) i figure it has to do with the interaction between "Simple Machines" and older domains. I don't have much experience in web programming so i don't know anything specific i can do to test it, but i figure there is at least one other person who might have had the same problem, and even if it cannot be fixed, having a post like this archived on google will make it searchable and provide a valid solution. 

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 03:54:06 PM »

Yeah, for sure, it's helpful for people to know!

Anti-spam measures actually outright delete most of the spam emails that are sent and the stuff you see in the "spam" folder is what the system is unsure about - so, I suspect what's happening here is it's "sure" that the forum email is spam, so you never see it at all.