Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560911 times)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #2385 on: April 12, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »

why dont the bosses follow the rules of the game...they have waay too many ships and its not fair that they can have that and i cant which makes them impossible and virtually un-enjoyable and i do not approve of there massive amount of ships...people are wanting these giant fleets with 4 flagships...id have to use 75% of my ordinance points alone to get that with no other ships so not only do they have power but they have too many ships so they can wear you down then beat you to death with pure numbers....and its not even fair that they can do that...what people dont understand is they are spawns and they come back at full power anyways so i dont know why i should even have to see a boss fleet if you can never even fight one in the first place...why are they even there...get rid of them...there not benifiting anything but pain and torture or at least follow the max ordinance points which is 175.....i want to enjoy them...but we have to be real here...they are not doing anything but ruining the experience...they dont even have to buy fuel or supplies...in reality they would run out instantly and die....im going to get hit from everyone in these forums but im being as honest as i can for the sake of this mod. 

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 12, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »

im going to get hit from everyone in these forums but im being as honest as i can for the sake of this mod. 
Nah man, look I like you  ;D    That fleets are end game thingy, you know when you max out your character and rofl-stomp everyone (nobody can stop you). That's why you have that boss fleets so they can give you some kind of challenge much, much later.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 12, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »

oh not i am much later...i have the best fleet i can legally in the rules build....and i cant win with the best tactics i have....they simply egoboosted the heck out of their own boss fleets with no regulations...its not a challenge...its a waste of your time >:(

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 12, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »

Well... Hmmm... Errr... I know! You can always run away  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:19 PM »

Which fleet are you having trouble with?  There are several that are fairly vicious, yes, but even the worst I've seen are still beatable (even if I do find the thule meteor to be a ridiculous weapon - mostly the blast radius, really; a detonation from out of range of most of your PD guns shouldn't be able to kill you.)

If you give us a specific example, we may be able to help you with some suggested tactics.  (For example, I've designed a few variants specifically for the purpose of obliterating schwarm wings.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, such designs can usually mulch anything else foolish enough to get in their way, too.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 12, 2013, 05:47:15 PM »

4 flagships? Sounds like he encountered Uomoz's fleet. I can't actually help much there since I haven't actually fought Uomoz's boss fleet yet, but basically, for bosses overall, you want to be able to innovate. My boss fleet, for example, is meant to destroy anybody who is using the slow and stompy ships that a lot of end-game people use, but is completely vulnerable to swarms of smaller ships because of the way its weapons work. The thule meteor and hadron accelerator can destroy just about any one ship in a single or couple shots, but you can still win if all it destroys with that shot is one frigate out of 20. Uomoz's fleet is just about the opposite of this, from what I can tell. It uses several big stompy ships that can overpower any regular fleet, but I bet it could easily be taken out with some carriers and'a half dozen organized strike wings, or perhaps a player-controlled capital ship with all of those flagship specific boosts (which none of the boss fleets have)

Basically, the boss fleets are supposed to challenge end-game people with a fight that they can't just win with any fleet. The biggest boss fleets make sure to be larger, so that the player has to innovate and try new things to win. They are not meant to be fair, they are meant to give a challenge players who are no longer challenged by fair fleets.

As for the boss fleets ruining the game, I simply have to say that no, they do not, because you do not have to fight them. You can ignore them for all of eternity if you want to, and by ignoring them they ruin nothing. I believe that their presence in the mod to challenge those who want a challenge, however, is a boon to those who like such challenges.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:19 PM »

How do you guys deal with the Neutrinos and their insane shieds?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 12, 2013, 05:49:55 PM »

And their *crappy* weapons placement \ aggressive potential? Slow and constant harassment.

Fixed the last batch of null, let me know if you guys spot more ;). https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gvxtpzl1a2oy5nm/5MTyCLUSgZ

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 12, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »

I usually just swarm'em with frigates. That tiny little shield that most of them have is near useless when it can only block one frigate at a time.

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:48 PM »

why dont the bosses follow the rules of the game...they have waay too many ships and its not fair that they can have that and i cant which makes them impossible and virtually un-enjoyable and i do not approve of there massive amount of ships...people are wanting these giant fleets with 4 flagships...id have to use 75% of my ordinance points alone to get that with no other ships so not only do they have power but they have too many ships so they can wear you down then beat you to death with pure numbers....and its not even fair that they can do that...what people dont understand is they are spawns and they come back at full power anyways so i dont know why i should even have to see a boss fleet if you can never even fight one in the first place...why are they even there...get rid of them...there not benifiting anything but pain and torture or at least follow the max ordinance points which is 175.....i want to enjoy them...but we have to be real here...they are not doing anything but ruining the experience...they dont even have to buy fuel or supplies...in reality they would run out instantly and die....im going to get hit from everyone in these forums but im being as honest as i can for the sake of this mod. 

Well, it is extremely difficult to beat a larger fleet head-on assuming all of the ships fight at the same time. However, the mechanisms of starsector mostly don't allow this and quickly capturing and controlling strategic points allows you to temporarily dominate the map, and that's all you need. Once you dominate the map, the enemy really doesn't have much choice but to send in ship after ship just to be blown up. That's why even the largest fleets don't pose much of a threat to the end game player and why the boss fleets are designed to be extremely strong+many. If your having so much difficulty about boss fleets to the extent that you're hating them, you probably aren't using effective tactics or are not aware of some critical aspect of the game.

The boss fleets are meant to be a challenge and most people enjoy them and are able to beat them. I'm not sure why you're so negative about them but I can confidently say that boss fleets are now a popular feature of UCs and I'd personally be very disappointed if they were removed or weakened.

Undefined

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Protector World
« Reply #2395 on: April 13, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »

Just had a good full 3 hour game with no null pointers, longest crash free so far, prospects are good. Will play again for a couple of hours later.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 13, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »

Nice.

teh elgee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 13, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »

I keep getting an error when I try to load the mod.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 13, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »

you don't have lazylib probably.

teh elgee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 13, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »

I have it, but there is no mention of where to put it.

There is no installation guide.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 275