Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560694 times)

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #2340 on: April 09, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »

Still getting various hull variant not found errors. Usually neutrino, not always.

Reading your log, it's not an U'sC error. Restock- something is the issue.

Okay, yeah, I had that enabled before and didn't think twice about it.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »

Error when downloaded from the link I quoted. lazylib 1.2 active, chose Valks as starting faction.

Spoiler
88740 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.private.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 09, 2013, 08:24:23 AM »

Yeah, I'm working on it right now. I think I got it all fixed very soon.

Ok grab the lates DEV, fixed the convoy and AI problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gvxtpzl1a2oy5nm/5MTyCLUSgZ
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:38:51 AM by Uomoz »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: April 09, 2013, 08:40:32 AM »

Hm.  Probably too late to get it into this version, but could we get omnifactory status as a character starting choice?  I'd suggest a couple of variations: omnifactory offline, omnifactory online, omnifactory makes fighters only, omnifactory makes fighters & frigates, omnifactory makes fighters & weapons... maybe a few other variations like that.  Maybe even a mode where what things the omnifactory will make varies by time or player skill, so you get an early game where you have to make do with what you can find, but late game, you can start experimenting a bit more without the risk of losing irreplaceable ships or weapons.

Fighters in particular - in 17.1, I'd often pick up a few neutrino drone fighters, and just not worry when they got blown up; in 17.2, I can't replace those... which puts them into the category of "expendable items I'll never use."
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 09, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »

Hm.  Probably too late to get it into this version, but could we get omnifactory status as a character starting choice?  I'd suggest a couple of variations: omnifactory offline, omnifactory online, omnifactory makes fighters only, omnifactory makes fighters & frigates, omnifactory makes fighters & weapons... maybe a few other variations like that.  Maybe even a mode where what things the omnifactory will make varies by time or player skill, so you get an early game where you have to make do with what you can find, but late game, you can start experimenting a bit more without the risk of losing irreplaceable ships or weapons.

Fighters in particular - in 17.1, I'd often pick up a few neutrino drone fighters, and just not worry when they got blown up; in 17.2, I can't replace those... which puts them into the category of "expendable items I'll never use."

I don't like choices that are clearly related to game features, as I feel they kind of disrupt the immersion (after all you're creating a character, not a game session), while I like personalization for your character. I do believe that with the upcoming Omnifactory customization possibilities and the future Fighter update we will reach a sweet spot. As it is right now the Omnifactory is a bit too "strong" for vanilla gameplay, so i'ts not a good choice for the hardcore nature of U'sC.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 09, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »

Hm.  Maybe tie it to Construction skill then?  Level 2 perk, allows omnifactory to replicate small weapons; level 4, replicate fighters; level 6, replicate medium weapons, level 8, replicate frigates, level 10, replicate large weapons?

...Not sure how well that'd work; it'd make construction go from a "eh, not worth it", to "need at least level 4" - and tech skills already have issues with the +ordnance point skills feeling mandatory.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »

Disabled all mods except this and LazyLib 1.2, started a new game, got a null pointer error after a few minutes:

Code
691256 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.graphics.util.new.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.addMessage(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.Messages$(UomozScriptClock.java:528)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.Clock$(UomozScriptClock.java:121)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.advance(UomozScriptClock.java:681)
at com.fs.starfarer.super.this.do$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.super.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:28 AM »

Disabled all mods except this and LazyLib 1.2, started a new game, got a null pointer error after a few minutes:

Code
691256 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NullPointerException

I already fixed that, are you sure you just downloaded the DEV?

Solon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: April 09, 2013, 09:58:38 AM »

First of all, love the mod, it has brought many additional hours of play into Starsector for me. Thank you all who contribute.

I have a couple of ideas for the omnifactory that may balance it a bit. Please note that I am not a modder of Starsector and know little of how it is set up.

1) You could tie it to the unused attribute and add a skill tree. That would make having the factory's more advanced features available, at the consequence of losing those points. If you don't want to touch that tree I understand, I do not know the future plans for it.

2) You could tie it to the Fleet tree, with a new skill, or better, two skills (one for ships, one for weapons). Fleet quartermaster, Shipyard procurement officer, Logistics technician, or something. That would still require investment into a tree I find I rarely use (maybe I do not play like everyone else, or don't know the secret yet), and still avoid using the empty tree.

3) Make it so things purchased from the omnifactory have a very large price increase based on tech level of the item. That way your average newer character could still get a hound and some light autocannon, but someone purchasing an Unsung or some powerful weapon would pay 10-100x the normal cost. I've found that after midgame starts, money is easily found, this would put a huge credit sink in too.

4) Put it into choices at the character select screen. "I was a Shipyard industry magnate." Would have Omni build ships. "I own a megafactory." Would make it build weapons, etc.

Thanks again for the mods!

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: April 09, 2013, 10:29:17 AM »

Code

I already fixed that, are you sure you just downloaded the DEV?

Yup, just redownloaded, deleted the existing UsC DEV folder in my mods directory, extracted the new one, loaded game, and got that error.

Edit: started a new game, and it seems okay so far, although I really thought I had already updated. Maybe not.

Edit 2: Kept playing, eventually got another null pointer error, although a different one:

Code
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.spawnFleet(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:93)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:12:05 PM by Jeff »

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 09, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »

Hi all
First, thanks for the great mod. It's really fun to play with the large number of factions and boss fleets.

Anyway, I've been an observer until now but I have something I want to comment on.

I want to comment on the issue of the inactive omnifactory and the less related cheat protection.
I haven't played 17.2, but from what I see from other people's replies and playing 17.3, it seems that the omnifactory is permanently inactive and unable to replicate items and ships. As you know, the omnifactory is valuable in that it can replicate rare ships and weapons that are unattainable through other means. Examples include fighters (also frigates or weak destroyers), which are easily lost in battle, and certain weapons that are almost never resupplied in the stations and also very rarely dropped (e.g. Dual pulsed beam cannon of the Neutrinos). Consequently, it is almost impossible to maintain fighter/frigate oriented fleets, outfit ships with specific weapons, or create your custom fleet and etc without the omnifactory in the current version of the mod and SS. I believe these are basically the reasons why the omnifactory mod is popular and why it was initially incorporated into UCs.

However, I see that you also removed that function because 'it's too powerful for the hardcore nature of UCs,' which is also understandable since the omnifactory significantly reduces the risks of battle and may make game play more loose. But I'm not trying to say which is better or worse since that's the choice of the modder anyway.

The point I want to make is that a lot of people that play your mod wants the omnifactory, and the people that don't may simply ignore it. After all, UCs is a compilation of mods and the omnifactory is simply one of them. This goes the same with cheating: there are people who want to cheat and the rest that don't want to don't have to (for the record, I don't cheat). I feel that this is different from issues such as balance, which are always detrimental to any game and so always desired to be fixed. Back to the point: by making such restrictions, you force aspects of game play through your mod (although anti-cheat protection was eventually downgraded to a warning...), and the only reason you do that is because that's how you want the game played. Some people may like that, but remember that others that don't will be pretty sad.

To me, a collection of mods such as UCs is a bundle pack of bonus factions unlike Caelus or Ironclads, which are total conversions aiming for a whole new gaming experience. Most of the time, I enjoy playing the bundle freely, often with additional mods. I'm sure that the other modders also approve when you make those changes, but Please don't make hard restrictions to the mod, e.g. make the game crash if the user tries to circumvent your intended game play. If you have no intention of hard wiring prevention of certain functions, Thanks. I guess I just worry too much. So, I'll continue to use the omnifactory+other mods for my game.

ps1. for those who enjoyed using the omnifactory with UCs, just download omnifactory separately and run them together.

ps2. I'm still getting the null pointer exception with the dev version if you haven't fixed it while I was writing this.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 09, 2013, 12:25:12 PM »

Esactly, ps1.

The intentional crash stuff was sort of a joke and it lasted like 2 weeks.

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 09, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »

Just a criticism, after playing Hardcore for a while on the new dev update I feel like starting with the Tore up Plenty ships is a bit of a bad idea. This comes from a few points.

1. The single ship fleets will now run away from you instead of trying to fight you as they had before, which means it is a LOT harder to get started if you cannot fight them. This brings me to my next point

2. The ships are naturally SLOWER than the frigates they came from, and speed plays a much bigger role in the early game of choosing when to fight. Since single ships now run away from you you are too slow to catch them and the bigger groups are now fast enough to pose a threat to you as you go the same speed as them.

3. The ship systems the new starter ships have are better for fleet battles and not one versus many situations. The wolf upgrade loses its omni shields AND its teleporter, both of which were very good when flying solo and gains fast missile racks... which dont do very much early as you have a max of 10 missiles IF you have the upgrade on the hullmod. The lasher upgrade gives a burn drive in exchange for taking away greater speed in reloading, something allowing you to take advantage of a enemy ship venting or overloading.

In general, I would much prefer the original ships to the tore up plenty versions we spawn with now, I just feel like they add another unnecessary difficulty to the early game that was already the hardest part of the game, especially in Hardcore Iron mode.

EDIT 2: Just checked, the Lasher has 60 OP while the Striker only has 45 OP base despite having more hardpoints. Wat.

EDIT: The AI is also dumb. I order a full retreat and the upgraded lasher (Cant remember name, Striker maybe?) instantly activates its burn drive when i close the window, TOWARDS THE ENEMY FLEET. -_-

I checked and the arrow saying where it wanted to go was facing the outer edge of the screen, but it didnt wait until it turned to activate the burn drive.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:32:50 PM by Fantastic Chimni »

Undefined

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Protector World
« Reply #2353 on: April 09, 2013, 02:02:05 PM »

I always start a hardcore game with a Wrestler, it's a powerhouse and can dominate much larger ships if you catch them alone and add a few extra OP via science!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 09, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »

I always start a hardcore game with a Wrestler, it's a powerhouse and can dominate much larger ships if you catch them alone and add a few extra OP via science!

I do agree, they are hard to master but some of them are definitely a powerhouse, even in the earlygame.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 275