Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560140 times)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #2235 on: March 28, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »

You actually come very close to vanilla lore about non replicapable production chips.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 28, 2013, 01:45:11 AM »

HC without omnyfac would be an amazing madness.

Undefined

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Protector World
« Reply #2237 on: March 28, 2013, 03:14:02 AM »

I'm with you about the whole idea of adding a failure chance to the Omnifactory... Ideally one that is dynamic and increases sharply based on the FP of the ship or the OP of the weapon.
I actually disagree about the Omnifactory being essential. as of 17.1, yes it is... But if Crew and Marine shipments are made to your storage facility then I'd personally no longer use it.

I'd even propose if keeping the Omnifactory making each research success rate scale sharply based on OP and FP, require tons of goods/fuel and only have limited runs.
I guess making this many changes to the way it works means it's no longer the Omnifactory mod though.

One of the big issues with the game itself at this stage of development is that EVERY game no matter how difficult you make it for yourself eventually results in the same situation where you can beat 90% of all content without even taking personal command. The first hour or two are the best experience of the game in my opinion, the struggle to gain a couple of new ships, finding powerful weapons to strap onto them and earn the experience to use them better. This is essentially the game's game-play loop, unfortunately this loop starts strong but eventually becomes increasingly less rewarding each time you go through it. For me this mod is great because it extends that initial part of the loop, the Omnifactory, while essential for Hardcore mode as it stands does exactly the opposite, giving you access to unlimited amounts of anything, even with a research failure chance, means that you just need one good ship to succeed and you can build a practically unstoppable fleet. Cash is not a barrier for anything as it stand right now, without even selling anything I find I have millions just hanging around.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:15:42 AM by Undefined »

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:46 AM »

HC without omnyfac would be an amazing madness.

It was and still is now that I fixed the omnifactory's crash :-D

also I like the idea of requiring ridiculous amounts of supplies and/or fuel (finally give that a use) to analyze and decent amounts of one or both to build, though the building would be hard to balance because if you're trying to fund the Paragon and you keep funding all the tac lasers, it'd get frustrating quickly.

edit: how do I add the latest Tore Up Plenty ships? I love the Talus but I was using your DEV and kept crashing so I just downgraded to regular 17.1
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:00:11 AM by ciago92 »

FireBlitz8404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 28, 2013, 07:36:41 AM »

You are probably getting the crash because the interstellar federation is already a part of Uomoz's corvus. The game is probably crashing at that time in-game when an interstellar convoy shows up to restock a station only to find that, because of the duplicate mod, the station is in the wrong place.

Just un-check Interstellar federation on the mod list and the game should work fine.

Thanks for the suggestion but I opened and played the game this morning and was preparing for another crash (with all three of the mods checked) but it ran just fine. If it does however crash again i will take your advice

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: March 28, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »

Spoiler
83354 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.OÒ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.private.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.Õ00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.Óô0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]
17.1 crash.

also it kept blocking me from posting this at all for a while. no idea why

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 28, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

edit: how do I add the latest Tore Up Plenty ships? I love the Talus but I was using your DEV and kept crashing so I just downgraded to regular 17.1

You can activate the downloads...
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5762.0
...alongside Uomoz's Corvus. They appear to be compatible. Just select "did something else" as a career path.

I'll be doing another update soon. A final tweak for the existing Tore Up Plenty ships.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: March 28, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »

awesome, thanks! I love the Talus :-) I'd love to hear what else you're doing with the mod but I don't wanna derail the thread lol

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

Um.  Could we get a change to the Ciago event, so that, if you're a member of your faction, your faction won't try to kill the defenseless freighters?

...Unless, of course, that's already been done; I think I'm running on an old DEV version.  Still 17.1, though.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »

A little questions here.
I have download the mod from the big DOWNLOAD.But it is a zip file which named 'Uomozs Corvus 17.1.zip'.When I open it.There is 'Uomozs Corvus DEV'.
So,the file I have download.Is '17.1'? Or 'DEV'? Or 'DEV of 17.1'  ???
I really need to know it so I can tell the strange things in this mod....
And a more important thing.Can I translate this mod to other language?

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: March 29, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »

A little questions here.
I have download the mod from the big DOWNLOAD.But it is a zip file which named 'Uomozs Corvus 17.1.zip'.When I open it.There is 'Uomozs Corvus DEV'.

The file you need to place in the Starsector/Mods folder is Uomozs Corvus DEV. Verify that data and the other folders are in it though. I can't speak to what strange things you're having or if you're allowed to translate it, though I would imagine as long as you give Uomoz credit it should be fine.

ZeroOne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13:23 AM »

I appear to be getting a null pointer access error and cannot continue for longer than 3-5 seconds in my save in 17.1.

Running Starsector 0.54.1a and consistently returning this error log on every load of my save.

Spoiler
29211 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
37790 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.Faction_Small_Weapons$(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:110)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.spawnFleet(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:70)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

EDIT: After reading through some of the past pages here I see that the Null issues have been addressed... is the download link updated so that I can continue my game or will this fix be reserved until 17.2?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:40:58 AM by ZeroOne »

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: March 29, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »

A little questions here.

The file you need to place in the Starsector/Mods folder is Uomozs Corvus DEV. Verify that data and the other folders are in it though. I can't speak to what strange things you're having or if you're allowed to translate it, though I would imagine as long as you give Uomoz credit it should be fine.

:)Thanks for answer my questions.I'm sorry for the 'strange things' because I think I should tell Uomoz ( or all of you mod creaters of mods ) , which version is the game,which version is the mod & What was happen during the game ?
How can I get the offical 17.1?Which version is the newest?
Ah,am I speak too much ? Please forgive me.Let's talk about the questions.Most of them are asked before me.But I want to know more clearly.By the way,you 'Omnifactory Trader' are too weak.Just few of ships and any one can 'help' you about your goods. :D @Uomoz
UsC DEV in 0.541a
Is these things is just because of an 'Old Version'.Or something else ????
1.The Bonuses.This is strange.
   a.The Bonuses are dropped by Boss Fleet.I need to totally destroy a boss fleet to get the bonuses.So:What is a 'totally destroy'? Kill all of them in one battle before boss fight with other fleets? Or Just kill all of them,whether boss fleet are already fight lots of times? Or What I need is only a 'final shoot',kill boss fleet by me JUST THE FINAL BATTLE? ???And Should I do these in a certain time? During the 'Boss time' before the boss said 'All this pillaging is tiring. I'm going home. YARR'?Or All the time that Boss appears on the map?
   b.What is 'Drop'?The Bonuses is not a weapon,a ship,a fuel,a cargo.Just a 'something'.When I defeat a boss,how can I get it?You said:The system will give you a bonus in your cargo and show a message to tell you.Yes.I have read the UomozScriptClock file.I can't tell whether it has a mistake.But there is no bonuses in game at all. :(No message,No bounses,Even I bought a bonus in the damned 'Dont touch me bro'.It doesn't work at all.This is a mistake ?Or just is a joke come from Math.random()??Or I have something forgot to do ?
2.PersonalConvoy
   PersonalConvoy give new goods to the station .Which station ? One of the Bloc that I join?Or Abandoned Storage Facility ? Why I have no PersonalConvoy in a Hardcore mod?
3.Internal Conflict
   Yes ,I am glad that pirates fight each other.But when 'The internal conflict has come to an end' ,It just a message.The conflict is continue.
4.'Dont touch me bro'
   Too Far Away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allright, these is the questions.This is really a good mod.I enjoy it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:03:47 PM by zaszella »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 29, 2013, 08:13:59 PM »

Lord, a lot has changed since I last played 1.5. :) Very interesting compilation since then, tons of stuff added!  Slowly but surely getting out my of burned-out state from my last SS addiction...
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: March 30, 2013, 12:08:06 AM »

I have a quick question about the event fleet rewards, Which of these scenarios would give them?
A: Totally annihilated the fleet in one battle.
B: It takes two or more battles but you finish them off, with the last engagement being a battle.
C: It takes two or more battles but you finish them off, with the last engagement being a surrender of a ship without any battle taking place.
D: You beat all but one ship which runs around till it disappears at a random spot.
E: You beat all but one or more ships and an AI fleet finishes them off.
F: An AI fleet almost beats the event fleet, but you finish them off.
G: Uomoz hordes all the event drops in a hidden station that isn't included in the upload. No one gets anything.  :D

I would assume that one of two scenarios is most likely.
1: As long as your engaging the enemy, regardless of if a battle takes place, results in the fleet no longer existing you get the reward.
2: Less likely, but just the fleet being wiped out period results in the reward being applied.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 275