Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560013 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #2220 on: March 27, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »

Personally, I find storage facility next to omni factory to be by far the most convenient location for it, whether hardcore, vanilla, or playing with a faction.  And have hacked my personal copy of Uomozu's Corvus to always put it there.  (A particular issue when trying to acquire large weapons in any sort of decent supply - since the factory stops producing them at something like two or three of a given type; if I want to outfit some of the larger capital ships, I have to make a lot of runs between factory & storage.  Still, a Sandstorm with 8x HIL is worth the trouble.)

could you please please please explain how to move the storage facility? :-)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 27, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »

This discussion is pointing towards this: the omnifac is brokenly good. There is no risk in it's use and it actually diminishes the usefulness of vanilla features (convoys). I may need to modify UsC code so it can fail analisis and bring some risk factor in it.

Omnifac should be a support feature, not core.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 27, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »

Slow internet users beware,

Spoiler

[close]

Wish I had a better hosting/ larger size limit, lol.

Blah was just bored, lol thought might as well do a partial update of the ship chart, left out fighters sadly because there are soooo manyy Hnggh.
Ordered by Class, faction, and then ordered by how they appeared first in windows explorer,
Only ships that appear in campaign are included.

Apologies if mistyped something or left something out, I'll correct it upon request :P

Double apologies if you don't wish to have it on here, and I can remove it s well D:

Edit: Well what about an ability to buy a license at the station that permits you to manufacture certain levels of items, like say If you have a small weapons slot license, you can produce all forms of small slot weaponry,
Same for the ship classes,
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:34:44 PM by FlashFrozen »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 27, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »

Hm... One interesting alternative might be to have, instead of an omnifac, a "convoy beacon" - something where you put ships & weapons in the beacon station, and those ships/weapons are what the convoy selects from when it picks what it's going to deliver.

Obviously would need some fine-tuning - perhaps delaying the convoy by an amount of time based on size of ships it's going to deliver (so replacing a Paragon battleship takes longer than getting in a shipment of replacement Hound frigates), or using a random number generator so that, even if that battleship is the only thing in the beacon, there's still a chance you won't get it in every convoy.

Plus, you'd need a way to deal with the 50 hull limit - if a station has 50 hulls (ships + fighter wings), then convoys won't add more ships.  Maybe if you can attach a hook to the convoy delivery, and add ships / weapons at that point instead of setting them when the convoy launches?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 27, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »

I like Flash's idea of buying a replication license. (basically, I like anything that is one part money sink and one part unlocking new content, see my previous post about bribes)

also still haven't found the omnifactory hotfix. anyone?

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:57 PM »

There is the replication license for one option, but I was just thinking if you sold too much to the Omnifac it would have a small chance to forget a random blueprint if you give it too much to keep in memory.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 27, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »

As starsector is thousands of years into the future, a computer could probably hold more or less unlimited amounts of data, running out of memory would be absurd. :P

FireBlitz8404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 27, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »

OK so i'm new to the whole modding stuff and i have the LazyLib 1.2 , the Interstellar Federation 1.24 , and the Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (all checked off in the mods box)
the game started crashing and giving me and error saying Fatal: null
this happens when the date in game changes to May 30
i don't know whats wrong, can someone please help!?!?!

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 27, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »

As starsector is thousands of years into the future, a computer could probably hold more or less unlimited amounts of data, running out of memory would be absurd. :P

at the same time, this happen after the fall of the domain of man as per the story, and starsector happens in a forgotten sector of the galaxy.
im stretching a bit but it could be explained that sometechnologies are lost, or not fully understood anymore or a number of similar problems.

but yeah, im stretching

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 27, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

I was thinking more about failed analysis as it would add a choice factor into the use of the omnifactory. Should you use the brand new BC that you just luckily captured or put it in a risky investment and be able to have infinite copies of that? As a vanilla concept, ships should be an amazing thing to find in SS, not some common merchandise.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 27, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

Maybe rather the Omnifactory gambling, or making it a convoy, you can just reduce how much the Omnifactory pays to sell things to it? 1/4 sell price but learn to produce them or full sell price at another station. That would stop it being the one stop sales point it currently is, and make you think about what you want to sell where. If you are changing sales prices, i would also recommend making hostile stations pay half. Give you a reason to not sit on top of the pirates and farm them to sell them back gear to make fleets to farm. (I know this isn't how it works, but it is how I like to think of it)

My main problem with making it a random chance to produce is the chance of a scenario like this:
Fight my 5th Uomoz's fleet, and finally get an unsung.
I have enough fleet points that I could use two of them, so lets take it to the omni factory.
It analyzes it, but fails the check to make more.
I miss this message because, like many messages, it chooses to pop up right as I enter a station or a battle, and I have no method to see the message log.
I keep checking the Omnifactory for my prized Unsung to show up, getting increasingly frustrated with it.
Yay, random..

Being able to hire specific convoys would be nice, but to my understanding you can't implement any sort of new inv/dialog to hire specific, so it would have to be a new station, or a complete rework of the current station. Probably a new station because if you are hiring a fleet it would likely need to be a token you buy somewhere else and put someplace. The other problem I see is that unlike this current set up where you trade immediate access for production long term, hiring a convoy would what? Take away your current item and bring two? take away your current item and bring it back at a loss of time and money and potentially loosing the convoy? Add the item to a random pool of what the convoy brings, and do like the race stations seem to do and NEVER bring anything above a cruiser ESPECIALLY if you have the audacity to want to try fighters or frigates?  Adding the item to a random pool of what a irregular convoy brings seems like it would be less about hindering people who know what they want delivered (only sell 4-5 items to the convoy spawn station) and more about frustrating and hurting the gameplay of people who like diversified fleets, or new players that have no clue about what exactly they want delivered.

Uomoz, I think of the omnifactory less as replacing current mechanics, and more as a stop gap measure for mechanics that aren't in the game yet. It is, of course, your mod so feel free to change it as you desire. This is just how I think about it.

tldr:
I think lowering the price the omnifactory pays you is a good idea, the other solutions seem overly minmax-y (regular convoys), detrimental to play ( convoys for new players, gambling for anything unique or hard to get)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 27, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »

If you get an Unsung should you REALLY risk it? That's the whole point.

Rare ship -> I'm not gonna risk it in the Omnifac -> Single rare ships are more "important", cheap ones are easily replaceable.

EDIT:

1)I can't change buy\sell prices atm.
2)Very good feedback about this whole argument, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:40:35 PM by Uomoz »

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 27, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »

How about a little different spin on it then? If it fails to analyze it you lose the ability to get that ship replicated entirely, but keep the ship itself? That would make the gambling system a little less biased toward lower ships and common weapons.

You could also do something a little closer to the Modular Fleet mod, and make it into two stations, one acts like the abandoned station, but chews up anything put into it, and items it hasn't seen before are added for production. That would remove just unloading everything into the station, while still having to pay for things that it produces in the other station. You can still sell to the omnifactory itself for cash, but it won't add for production that way anymore, so it has no real benefit as a selling point over any of the other races stations.

I can see the risking a rare ship arguement.
I guess my main complaint with that is the way the log system works you can easily get into a situation where you have to guess if that ship will ever show up. Combined that with the seemingly random picks of what to produce at any given time, and the amount of time you wait for the better stuff, it would feel more like having to just sell things you MIGHT want later, or only want in bulk rather than something you want one or two extra copies of.

I wonder how hard it would be for Alex to implement a per station modifier to buy/sell prices for the API.

Anyways, I am heading to bed. I will likely edit this or make a new post clarifying/expanding on what I said when I am a little more awake.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 27, 2013, 09:59:50 PM »

I'm more inclined in removing the thing altogether. It just feel a better option then any other faction station, and this doesn't feel right at all.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 27, 2013, 11:48:35 PM »

OK so i'm new to the whole modding stuff and i have the LazyLib 1.2 , the Interstellar Federation 1.24 , and the Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (all checked off in the mods box)
the game started crashing and giving me and error saying Fatal: null
this happens when the date in game changes to May 30
i don't know whats wrong, can someone please help!?!?!

You are probably getting the crash because the interstellar federation is already a part of Uomoz's corvus. The game is probably crashing at that time in-game when an interstellar convoy shows up to restock a station only to find that, because of the duplicate mod, the station is in the wrong place.

Just un-check Interstellar federation on the mod list and the game should work fine.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 275