Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549162 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus (Factions Collection)
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »

I'm going to feed your changes to Nomads (re: the spawn point) back into the standalone version, because I was planning on doing that anyway , but I'm not going to name the planet Arrakis. I'm trying to keep explicit references to Dune to a minimum, because that is a huge IP backed by some really scary lawyers, and I don't want to tempt fate in the slightest. I was however planning on making a desert planet for them to spawn at, and making it small and close to the system's star.

I'm not too keen on the color change though.

Yeah the color change was poorly implemented (JP and Nomads had both yellow so i had to change it), I will work on on it and change Nomads planet name in the next version. Thanks for stopping by Trylobot, I appreciate the feedback. (Suggest me a nice color! For Nomads or Junk Pirates).

If I may suggest you in return: I often see that Nomads overwhelm other faction's fleets, not sure if they spawn too much or in too big fleets, maybe their influence on the system should be toned down a little (I'll work on this too but I wanted to let you know).

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus (Factions Collection)
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »

Nomads too powerful? Should try to add a equally or stronger faction in ( Luke mine! ;D), or decrease their spawn rate

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus (Factions Collection) v0.4
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »

i have always found the doom cannon and nomads in general to be OP. about the doom cannon; in my mod pack i reduced the damage, made the laser sprite smaller and increased the speed of the projectile so it looks more pewpew  ;D

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »

I'm currently in the process of rebalancing all of the nomads ships with thorough playtesting, so hopefully folks won't find them so OP. I have noticed so far that the Scarab fighter is incredibly OP, so he's getting a solid nerf. The Iguana was actually underpowered so I will be giving them a boost but also increasing their cost; their fleet cost and base value will put them squarely near the top of the list of the heaviest fighters, which was actually my intent; somewhere between frigate and fighter, which is good. The Komodo was overpriced I found compared to similar cost destroyers, and so I'll probably be just reducing their fleet points etc.

As for the Doom Cannon: I will be reducing the firing rate and upping the flux cost per shot, given that it has no limits on ammunition, and to reinforce the idea that the Gila Monster requires support to be successful.

@megal00t: I strongly oppose making big balance changes like what you've described without my permission. Please remove Nomads from your pack, or keep them in as I have made them. If you have suggestions, please PM me.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »

I'm currently in the process of rebalancing all of the nomads ships with thorough playtesting, so hopefully folks won't find them so OP. I have noticed so far that the Scarab fighter is incredibly OP, so he's getting a solid nerf. The Iguana was actually underpowered so I will be giving them a boost but also increasing their cost; their fleet cost and base value will put them squarely near the top of the list of the heaviest fighters, which was actually my intent; somewhere between frigate and fighter, which is good. The Komodo was overpriced I found compared to similar cost destroyers, and so I'll probably be just reducing their fleet points etc.

As for the Doom Cannon: I will be reducing the firing rate and upping the flux cost per shot, given that it has no limits on ammunition, and to reinforce the idea that the Gila Monster requires support to be successful.

Good, I'll wait this changes with anticipation! Also I'd like to point out to megal00t that even if he can do more or less anything he wants with his mods, I'd prefer to express my suggestions (as a mod collector-aggregator) to the modders themselves so that all the factions (in this case "Nomads") are the same in all mods! Repacks like this, helps giving modders ideas about what's OP and what's underpowered, after that they just need time (and will xD).

Ah I almost forgot, as suggested I changed the Nomad's planet name to Adum'Tulek (completely random) and their color is back to yellowish ;). I had to move their planet a little further away from the sun otherwise the factions *** the starting area.

EDIT: just got tweeted by Alex *_*
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:24:26 PM by Uomoz »

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »

The pack deserves it, bro. Enjoying myself very much.
Were the nomads always aggro? I thought their fluff was that they would rather keep to themselves.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »

Nope they were neutral in the original Mod (just checked because i was not sure!). We can discuss if they are considerable "pirates" or not.. :)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 01:09:27 PM »

They are neutral to everyone except the Tri-Tachyon and the Hegemony, by design. They're friendly with the pirates.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »

They are neutral to everyone except the Tri-Tachyon and the Hegemony, by design. They're friendly with the pirates.

Mmh i see your point, i will set them neutral to the player and to the independents in next version! (not to the pirates though, they may be friendly towards pirates but pirates don't give a damn about it, YARRR)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:17:30 PM by Uomoz »

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »

I think the pirates wouldn't bother hitting the nomads- too little loot, too many guns. No convoys to hit even, or weak cargo ships to pick off.
Can we have JP be a shade of red? Or teal. Fits their ship hulls better. Cream for the nomads would be nice.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:31 PM »

I think the pirates wouldn't bother hitting the nomads- too little loot, too many guns. No convoys to hit even, or weak cargo ships to pick off.
Can we have JP be a shade of red? Or teal. Fits their ship hulls better. Cream for the nomads would be nice.

If I'd set all the pirate factions neutral with the Nomads they would "take over" the system. Keeping them at war is a way of balancing things ^^. JP are already teal in 0.5 DEV ;)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »

Glad to see you got it working  :)

I like the mod so far. A compilation focused on trying to maintain balance and consistency is nice. No offense to the mishmash people, but I never really got into that mod due to some of the mods added being so unbalanced.

Paul seems to no longer update his mod so that's Why I'm asking you. :)

Just thought I should comment on this too while i'm here  :P, reason I haven't updated it is Alex hasn't updated the game, and I don't really see anything more to add to the Gun Runners mod with the current modding tools. I've played it and it seems reasonably well balanced, I'm happy with the ships I've added (not much of a sprite artist, so making more would be a stretch for me - I've cut up and recolored the core ships enough I think haha), and I haven't had any reports about issues with the mod - so I don't really have anything to update it with.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »

Glad to see you got it working  :)
I like the mod so far. A compilation focused on trying to maintain balance and consistency is nice. No offense to the mishmash people, but I never really got into that mod due to some of the mods added being so unbalanced.

And thats why there is more then one collection of mods. Why should we have 2 collections that are the exact same. Mine is ment to get as many good mods in one collection, Uomoz's is ment to get the most... I almost wanna say RPG'ish style mods....
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:23:04 PM by craftomega »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus (Factions Collection) v5
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »

Up v5 ;)

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus (Factions Collection) v5
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »

Thank god the planet's moved. I gave up and devmoded myself 100k after wasting 6 newgames (SIX, no exaggeration) getting killed by wolfpacks in the first minute.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 275