Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549082 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tcdfwh7smxa7p2k/AABBW-aI6HFXFtGKAhMzl3YKa

Requires Latest LazyLib Utility Mod Active to run. Download LazyLib here.
Requires Latest ShaderLib Utility Mod Active to run. Download ShaderLib here.
Requires Modified vmparams file to load any game.
Open your Stasector directory, edit the vmparams file notepad, inside it replace -Xms512m -Xmx512m with -Xms512m -Xmx1024m.
For Mac users, the file to change is Contents/MacOS/starsector_mac.sh.
Also helps to put jre 64bit in the main Starsector folder, instead of the vanilla 32bit version if you have a 64bit OS http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp.

Collection of the best (imho) Mods, in both quality and lore, in a single Mod. All the Factions are perfectly integrated and have relations with each other.
I tried not disrupting the vanilla Starsector feel, enhancing some aspect of it for greater difficulty and achievement feel.
The selection of Mods is based on overall balance, sprite quality and lore quality, compared to vanilla.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features

The selected factions and mods, placed in a vanilla Sector (vanilla systems + modded systems) .
Choose your Journey, be independent, join a faction, be an overlord with your own followers.
Solid (and expandable) bounty system for all factions.
Abstraction system, allowing an unprecedented number of fleets to fly around the sector with minimal performance loss.
Complex and rewarding Craft System with a lot of new and interesting resources, like Blueprints.
Completely reworked Loot System.
Completely reworked Spawn System with an infinite amount of new variants for every ships, thanks to my variant randomizer, and very new and variegated fleets.
All fleets now have Levels and skill points, like players and generally move around a lot more from system to system.
Stations are now Dynamic through production and trade.
New amazing graphic effects thanks to Dark Revenant!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots

Spoiler

[close]

Selected Mods

Changelog

Version 1 15\11 -
Spoiler
First version, I won't spoil the fun, go try the features!
[close]
Version 1.1 7\12 -
Spoiler
Oh Boy here we go! Implemented Void Walkers (optional growing and self sufficient player-owned faction). Implemented Tore Up Plenty and integrated into vanilla fleets. Implemented Exigency Corp. Updated Blackrock to (yet)UNRELEASED version. Updated Pirate Plus. Loads of quality-of-life updates to the crafting system. Ability to trade and sell blueprints.
[close]
Version 1.1a 8\12 -
Spoiler
Fixed burn values for TuP. Fixed being unable to join Tritachyon. Fixed start screen rare crash.
[close]
Version 1.1b 8\12 -
Spoiler
Fixed a null error on load game. Added "Tiger" pirate frigate Fixed some bugs with tabs when using the VW station. Added some vanilla variants by Cycerin. Fixed description error for Exigency. Made traders a little more dangerous. Changed starting ships.
[close]
Version 1.1c 9\12 -
Spoiler
Fixed missing Pirate Plus ships' values for campaign integration. Scaled up the cost in resources for bigger ships (now they cost roughly as vanilla).
[close]
Version 1.2 22\01 -
Spoiler
Added Mayorate, Interstellar Federation, Infernal Machine. Loads of fixes and quality of life upgrades (eg. production queue) . New start. Updated stats and compatibility for 0.6.2a (all ships have updated stats, until modders fix them officially). All mods up to date (JP, TuP, etc).
[close]
Version 1.3 17\05 -
Spoiler
Optimizations EVERYWHERE. Now requires ShaderLib as well as LazyLib. Updated all mods. Removed Kadur. Removed Interstellar Federation. Made all fleets in the sector generally bigger. Made a lot of changes so that fleets are spawned around the player location, making huge number of fleets per system possible. Added more types of fleets. Added Construction Rigs to big fleets. Made mining fleet actually stick to an asteroid. Made blueprints a bit rarer and crew slaves a bit more common. Completely reworked the Station interface for infinitely better usability. Fixed limited storage BUG for the SECRET station. Added a bounty hunt system for all factions (plus independents). Added confirmation dialogues for joining and leaving factions. BPs are now displayed by ship type, not faction. New modification system that allows you to change a ship into a similar one (tarsus-condor for example). You can also set any ship of your fleet to be aggressive/passive by default. Everytime your relationship changes (joining or leaving a faction for example) you get a complete report on the current statuses. Implemented a randomized variant maker so that any ship can be equipped in every possible way(inside the faction's weapons and ships lists). Fixed a BUG that didn't properly assign a flagship to AI fleets. Made loot drops a bit rarer. Made the start a bit harder. Added cool battle graphic effects thanks to Dark Revenant (anamorphic flares, explosions).
[close]

Notes

Most of the mod's features need to be referenced in internal lists so any other added mods sadly won't be able to use em.
When submitting feedback, please remember to post U'sS version and game version (also please provide .log and\or savefile if needed).

General Suggestions for Mod Integration

Use this folder structure: [graphics\modname\ships... & sounds\modname\fx...] instead of [graphics\ships... & sounds\fx...]
Name your hulls\".ship" files like: "modname_shipname.ship", "not shipname.ship"
Name your missions\"mission" folders like: "modname_mission", not "mission"
Set a "shipNameSources" in the world\factions\".faction" file: "shipNameSources":{"GREEK":1},

Credits

The community,
All the incredible programmers that "raised me up" in knowledge from nothing (LW, Zaph, Trylo) with examples and explanations,
The modders,
MAH BRO.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:12:18 AM by Uomoz »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus (Factions Collection)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »

Would you be so kind to add my mod in there ;D? Unless It's too troublesome for that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:33:58 AM by Upgradecap »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:39:43 AM »

Would you be so kind to add my mod in there ;D? Unless It's too troublesome for that.

I don't want to be rude, but right now TimCORP don't quite satisfy the requirements to get into this compilation. The main reason is the lack of a "faction" feel to the set of TimCORP ships, that are in several different styles. If the mod manage to get this thing right I'll surely consider putting it in!

Nonetheless you did a good job on your mod.

- Uomoz out ;)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »

Thanks :), well it is having many different art styles because... I wanted to do something unique, just to symbolise how different the design divisons think, and yet how they use all of them. But there will be a following art style from here on, ;).  (Main  reason for the differing artstyles is that the newest ones are not done by the same artist as before).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:54:22 AM by Upgradecap »

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »

This should be quite useful to a lot of people wanting an enhanced gameplay experience that does not mess with the game's balance - nice idea and good luck with it! Maybe my Positron faction will be able to sneak in here some day? I guess that's up to me, too. :P

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »

might I suggest corsairs of corvus?
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »

This should be quite useful to a lot of people wanting an enhanced gameplay experience that does not mess with the game's balance - nice idea and good luck with it! Maybe my Positron faction will be able to sneak in here some day? I guess that's up to me, too. :P

I'd like to consider every faction eligible to enter the mod. The only real requirements to them is have "character", balance and a proper artstyle. The purpose of this mod is to seamlessly integrate all this interesting (not lore-breaking) factions together, adjusting the spawn rate (because the vanilla spawn rates make the system a little bit messy when there are 10 different spawn points).

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

I like this. have my favorites mods in it  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 11:19:49 AM »

might I suggest corsairs of corvus?

Corsairs of Corvus is not quite yet on the standard of the currently added factions (both lore wise and balance wise), but I will surely consider putting them in when the Mod is more solid! Nontheless kudos to medikohl and DeathSG for their work on those ships!

I like this. have my favorites mods in it  ;D

Thank you! Feel free to comment or suggest any improvement!

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

Wait, when you said in the qualification that a mod has to have "character", did you mean character like in, having specific fleets, ships or artstyle?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 11:37:01 AM »

Well, for commenting: i'm making mod that should fit in there perfectly  8)
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »

Wait, when you said in the qualification that a mod has to have "character", did you mean character like in, having specific fleets, ships or artstyle?
I'd assume a mod with "character" is a mod that fits in well with the core game from both art and gameplay perspectives.

Well, for commenting: i'm making mod that should fit in there perfectly  8)
Oo, that sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 11:46:28 AM »

I'd assume a mod with "character" is a mod that fits in well with the core game from both art and gameplay perspectives.

Exactly!

Can't wait to check it out ;)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »

Exactly!

Can't wait to check it out ;)

Well, my mods artstyle isin't exactly... fitting the vanilla game :(, but i'm currently doing a total rebalance of my ships :)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

Corsairs of Corvus is not quite yet on the standard of the currently added factions (both lore wise and balance wise), but I will surely consider putting them in when the Mod is more solid! Nontheless kudos to medikohl and DeathSG for their work on those ships!
I've been tweaking the balance for a while, just about ready on that aspect.
if anyone wants to make some lore that would be fine.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 275