Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560106 times)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3600 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:20 AM »

Starsector has its own Java environment (in the jre folder). You have to replace that folder with a 64 bit java. So just rename the existing jre folder to something else (jre backup, or just delete it) then take your 64 bit install folder (jre7 or whatever) and paste it into the Starsector folder and rename it jre. Then Starsector will launch using that instead of the one it came with.

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »

I havent really been able to get around much with the newfound scarcity of fuel and supplies but it seems like all but the faction I started near already hate me.  It is supposed to be this way?

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3602 on: April 24, 2014, 08:34:31 PM »

I havent really been able to get around much with the newfound scarcity of fuel and supplies but it seems like all but the faction I started near already hate me.  It is supposed to be this way?
The scarcity? Yes. The starting in a very hostile system? Sorta yes. 

The system you drift toward on start is random. If you happen to be unlucky enough to end up in Raskt (home of the pirates and Mayorate) or one of the other completely hostile systems, then kinda SOL.

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »

The system you drift toward on start is random. If you happen to be unlucky enough to end up in Raskt (home of the pirates and Mayorate) or one of the other completely hostile systems, then kinda SOL.
I was cool with the pirates hating me, got a bit confused when the mayorate hated me for no reason.  Then i fly up to the corvus system and find out that the hegemony defense fleet wants my blood.  the hell did I do?  Which factions arent immediately hostile?

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: April 25, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »

I havent really been able to get around much with the newfound scarcity of fuel and supplies but it seems like all but the faction I started near already hate me.  It is supposed to be this way?

The mayorate isn't completely hostile. You just have evade them without fail and reach their station, and join up. But if you run into a fleet of theirs even once, even as a fleeing-battle, they hate you forever for no apparent reason and you can never join. Reputation never seems to improve with anyone, you either become enemies or you've never interacted at all. Bit strange.

Then the system is actually fully-hostile.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: April 25, 2014, 09:13:13 AM »

Yeah, I have to say that Rasht is probably the most unforgiving system in this mod. Most systems contain at least one "good" faction for you to be friends with, whereas Rasht dumps you in the middle of a warzone (everyone hates you but the independents, and they're all dead  :-[). I kinda like it this way although I think Uomoz should make it easier to switch factions if you're having difficulties there.

A few comments on the latest UsS dev:
-Right now picking a freighter for your starting ship = insta-win. As long as you can make it to a station without losing a ship, you'll have enough supplies/ships to sell that you can usually buy and outfit a top-of-the-line destroyer/several really heavy frigates + have enough fuel/supplies to make it to your system of choice.
-Whenever I flame out, my ships start spinning like crazy. I'm not sure what it is, but getting hit with anything (even small weapons) while flamed-out results in a obscene spin of death.
-The smoke/fire effects seem a little bit overdone.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3606 on: April 25, 2014, 09:57:41 AM »

Huh, I didn't know that you could potentially join the Mayorate; I'll have to give that a try! (their ships are my favorite sprites in the game right now :D )

As for the Hegemony being hostile, that's just weird. There are only two reasons the Hegemony should be hostile the first time you encounter them: 1) you join an opposing faction prior to meeting the Hegemony, or 2) you activate the Voidwalker station before meeting them. (spoiler warning)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »

Yo! Dev update:

Spoiler
[close]

New dev incoming very soon, with working bounties and bounty hunters (even on your head rofl).

The screenshot shows also a new thing to spice up the systems in all the sector: abstraction. What does it mean for the player? Almost nothing. What it does is remove all things that are not currently interesting, mostly fleets that wouldn't get within the system you're in in any possible way. This saves up a monstrous amount of ram and processing speed (the screenshot had 50 fleets, 60% idle, 60 fps). See you soon!

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3608 on: April 25, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »

Yo! Dev update:

Spoiler
[close]

New dev incoming very soon, with working bounties and bounty hunters (even on your head rofl).

The screenshot shows also a new thing to spice up the systems in all the sector: abstraction. What does it mean for the player? Almost nothing. What it does is remove all things that are not currently interesting, mostly fleets that wouldn't get within the system you're in in any possible way. This saves up a monstrous amount of ram and processing speed (the screenshot had 50 fleets, 60% idle, 60 fps). See you soon!

Nice! Anything that makes the mod run on my crappy little laptop is music to my ears :D

Oh, so about the Omnifactory - you mentioned that you are considering implementing it or something similar, but wanted it to require a bit more interaction than it currently does (especially considering how potentially powerful it is). I was thinking one thing you could do is have the Omnifactory have it's own faction defense fleet. To access the station, you must first attack that fleet and destroy its flagship; until you do so, the Omnifactory will be disabled so that even if you reach the station itself, it will not activate.

Once you have defeated the flagship, the Omnifactory will activate and open itself for trade with all factions, requiring supplies and crew to function. However, the station is not a Voidwalker minion; it will not become hostile if you voidwalk, but it will not give you ships and weapons for free; you'll still have to come up with the coin by trading supplies, crew, ships, and other materials to the station at regular prices, and purchasing in kind.

Another idea is perhaps the station will not be able to provide weapons or ships from a faction until you have provided it with the requisite faction material resources to analyze. I.E., even if you have submitted Blackrock ships for analysis, the Omnifactory will not begin production until you have provided, say, 400 Blackrock Drive Cores.  Lore wise, this could be because the factory needs to preform material nano-analysis before it can begin replicating the specific technology from a faction, but the analysis is destructive - doing so on a ship would prevent that ship from being added to the database unless another specimen was provided after the faction analysis is complete.

Mostly, I just love the omnifactory, and want to find a way for it to be balanced in your incredibly awesome mod :D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:30 PM »

The only real problem with the omnifactory is that defeats all my effort to make some ships rarer then others. Once you have 1 Hyperion, you can simply have it killed and replaced, instead of getting attached to that one ship.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3610 on: April 25, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »

The only real problem with the omnifactory is that defeats all my effort to make some ships rarer then others. Once you have 1 Hyperion, you can simply have it killed and replaced, instead of getting attached to that one ship.
Ah, interesting. Out of curiosity, does that mean that some blueprints are harder to acquire than others (or even impossible?)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »

Ah, interesting. Out of curiosity, does that mean that some blueprints are harder to acquire than others (or even impossible?)

Definitely, you can check the rarity yourself (or change it) in the files in data/ussdata/factions/xxxxxx.json

All the numbers near any id (ship or weapon) handle the rarity. You can also add or remove things to a faction this way if you want (adding the id and a number under the right category).

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3612 on: April 25, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

Definitely, you can check the rarity yourself (or change it) in the files in data/ussdata/factions/xxxxxx.json

All the numbers near any id (ship or weapon) handle the rarity. You can also add or remove things to a faction this way if you want (adding the id and a number under the right category).
Huh, well that is interesting. I don't have a "ussdata" folder :(

I've got a UsSData.java under "UomozSector\jars\src\data\scripts\uss\" but that's the closest thing I can find. . .

Seriously, here's the entire contents of my data folder.

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: April 25, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »

Maybe I'm just blind but are there details for the voidwalker stuff listed anywhere?  I can't even determine which mod it is part of.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »

Fairly certain its unique to Uomoz.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 275