Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549059 times)

iamzerg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3300 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

Is there any way to build player's own faction?
If I am independent, I am only hostile to pirates....
Taking stations, build up your own empire, this sounds a good idea... better than just joining one.

sherpajack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 11, 2014, 05:30:20 AM »

Maybe someone did this already, but I was looking to figure out where all of the various factions had their bases, so I made a map. I did this in like 20 minutes so I'm not guaranteeing anything about accuracy or quality, but I'm attaching it here.

I'm confused though, as I wasn't able to find two of the factions. Where are Exigency Corp. and Interstellar Fed. located?

Also, why do the pirates have so many bases?

Independently, I love this mod :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 11, 2014, 07:02:31 AM »

IF is under their fleet spam inside hyperspace I believe. And I thought Exigency corp was corvus? not sure on that one.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 11, 2014, 07:12:30 AM »

Ifed are in space and Exi is high in the map (you need to scroll to see it).

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 14, 2014, 03:11:31 AM »

Good day!

First of all, many thanks for making this great compilation, it's really fun to play with. I've just spend an hour slowly crunching my way from 1 good frigate to 2 and while it's annoying on itself, it turns out nice in the long run, letting you feel achievement even when having such a tiny upgrade.

- Removed Nomads ... Nomads have a sever inherent memory leak, bound to their hullmods, removing them improved the performance a lot on my system.
While I personally don't care about Kadur, being non-conforming to visual style of vanilla SS anyway, I would really like to have Nomads back in my lost sector. I haven't notice any performance changes since the new Nomad-less version release (it's still the same 15 sec. to save/load and still the same huge lag after 6-8 reloads), so I'd like to ask if it's possible to put these back from my end, provided I have no SS modding knowledge? Would it work good enough if I just drop both UsS and Nomads to my mods folder and activate both?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:16:01 AM by Creepin »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 14, 2014, 04:25:09 AM »

Good day!

First of all, many thanks for making this great compilation, it's really fun to play with. I've just spend an hour slowly crunching my way from 1 good frigate to 2 and while it's annoying on itself, it turns out nice in the long run, letting you feel achievement even when having such a tiny upgrade.

- Removed Nomads ... Nomads have a sever inherent memory leak, bound to their hullmods, removing them improved the performance a lot on my system.
While I personally don't care about Kadur, being non-conforming to visual style of vanilla SS anyway, I would really like to have Nomads back in my lost sector. I haven't notice any performance changes since the new Nomad-less version release (it's still the same 15 sec. to save/load and still the same huge lag after 6-8 reloads), so I'd like to ask if it's possible to put these back from my end, provided I have no SS modding knowledge? Would it work good enough if I just drop both UsS and Nomads to my mods folder and activate both?

Hey there thanks for the feedback!

Uhm, well you can't have access to the nomad-less version because I didn't release it yet, but I think I will reintroduce em as soon as they are fixed. The leak exist and it "ruins" save games in the current released version (it increases the RAM requirements after every save).

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 14, 2014, 04:32:09 AM »

Uhm, well you can't have access to the nomad-less version because I didn't release it yet
D'oh, stupid me! I've downloaded latest release yesterday so I randomly assumed that your changes of 09.02. are in there. Now I see why I have no performance changes :)

Can't wait for your new release, especially if there will be performance improvement :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 14, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »

Uhm, well you can't have access to the nomad-less version because I didn't release it yet
D'oh, stupid me! I've downloaded latest release yesterday so I randomly assumed that your changes of 09.02. are in there. Now I see why I have no performance changes :)

Can't wait for your new release, especially if there will be performance improvement :)

WELLLLLLL let's just say that every fps i gained i spent it again increasing the fleets count in the sector  ;D

Sir Goose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 14, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »

I've been playing for a bit and I have a question about the Nomads. Is it possible to capture their oasis capital ship? Or could one buy it somewhere? They don't have dedicated stations so I'm having an issue with this.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 14, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »

I've been playing for a bit and I have a question about the Nomads. Is it possible to capture their oasis capital ship? Or could one buy it somewhere? They don't have dedicated stations so I'm having an issue with this.
Nomads are temporarily removed in the next version apparently.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 14, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »

Nomads are temporarily removed in the next version apparently.

In the currently available version you should be able to purchase one in their system, unless it's flying around with the Armada.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 16, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »

Progress update. I'm preparing a huge gameplay shift in the next version.

Dynamic variants creation.

Never seen before, it's basically a procedure that allows all ships to have "random" hull mods, weapons, flux capacitors etc. This should basically scratch the usage for pre-made variants, allowing for a more dynamic and cool experience. Every ship you'll encounter will be different from any other, given the different skillsets of each admiral (that will have different unlocks). Stay tuned for more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbw5z08djj8qz6/Screenshot%202014-02-17%2002.00.11.png

(In dev, all ships mount only vulcans for testing. It works, they are not specified in a file, it's procedurally generated everytime a ship is created).

thanks Alex for the complete Variant API.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 16, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »

Are certain hulls going to predisposed toward certain weapons/ hullmods? Is it random for every mount or just sets? Are we still going to see normal variants mixed in? Sorry for all the questions.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 16, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »

Are certain hulls going to predisposed toward certain weapons/ hullmods? Is it random for every mount or just sets? Are we still going to see normal variants mixed in? Sorry for all the questions.

All good questions!

1) Every faction will have their own set of weapons (no vulcans on BR, rest assured). Still, there will be chances with weird cross-overs, like pirate stolen weapons.
2) Every mount is procedurally fit so they will be very diverse. I will make symmetrical slots mount identical weapons though, to give some rationale to it.
3) Some ships still requires standard variants, so they'll stay. Ideally you won't encounter many of them though.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 16, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »

The System sounds great! Can't wait to see it finished!
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 275