Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560773 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3285 on: February 08, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »

I think each faction has two different systems where they're based in, the "home" system and then another "war" system.  For example, the Hegemoney have their "home" in Corvus, and then their "war" station in Mirage.  I pretty much stick to the faction's "war" system most of the time, since the faction is usually at war with most of, if not all, the other factions in that system as well, so lots of juicy pickings.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Kerak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 08, 2014, 10:34:17 PM »

What if the independent faction becomes hostile? I must have attacked an independent ship at some point, because i can't access any of the trade hubs :(
I guess i kinda blew it on that one...

Thanks for the tip about the BR base in Oasis, though!

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: February 09, 2014, 03:14:52 AM »

I get this CTD when engaging the Pirate fleet AssBringer, the one with the infernal machine, my fleet consists of 2 Conquerors and 1 Aurora battlecruiser with some Wolf Frigates as support. I get to kill a few ships then CTDs with null message.

164221 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 154, FP2: 386, maxFP1: 280, maxFP2: 420
339327 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.checkSplit(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I also have a question, how are you supposed to get fuel supplies and guns if you go the Void Walker route? I manufacture my ships,but is there any way to manufacture guns supplies or fuel?
I can only raid so many fleets before i run out of supplies and simply blow up.

Later edit:
After further testing I've found out that it has nothing to do with the AshBringer fleet, the culprit is the Piranha Missile launchers, they launch the carrier missile and when they're supposed to split into multi-warheads the game crashes with the above log message. Hope it helps :)

Ah just fought it again with the launchers removed almost won it but it still happened... I guess the enemy fleet has some kind of MIRV launchers? (Nevermind forgot to unmount that Piranha launcher from the Aurora  ::)).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:50:06 AM by DefiasOne »

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 09, 2014, 06:35:47 AM »

I also have a question, how are you supposed to get fuel supplies and guns if you go the Void Walker route? I manufacture my ships,but is there any way to manufacture guns supplies or fuel?

Use salvage to get extra guns from ships, and use convert materials to supplies or something like that to turn things into supplies. Electronics is a one to one ratio and you usually get a ton of those

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 09, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback guys!

I absolutely love this mod. This is the campaign I had hoped would be in this game. The delicate supply position that this mod puts you in really makes decisions about fleet composition, operational range from home base, and which ships to deploy into each battle have real consequences. I love it. Vanilla and Exerelin operate in environments of virtually limitless supply. You build the largest, most high tech fleet you can afford and hit deploy all into every battle. Smashing large, well supplied fleets into each other frequently certainly has its appeal. But ultimately, it leaves me feeling like losses, even large ones, have no consequences.

In this mod I have so much more to consider. Outside of this mod, the Hound, for example, wouldn't really get a lot of serious consideration in a fleet after the first 30 minutes of play. In this mod, it is an inexpensive and fairly potent ship that has the cargo capacity to supply itself and other more demanding craft. This mod makes the game full of decisions like that. Sure, after winning a battle, you could pursue the fleeing remnants of the defeated fleet but how much is it going to cost you to click the pursue them button and deploy enough ships to destroy the remaining forces?

I think the most important lesson to learn to really start doing well in this mod is to avoid Pyrrhic victories. There is almost no such thing outside of this mod. In this mod, the price of victory being too high is a definite and frequent possibility. This mod makes

I love the pacing, the overall strategic addition to the game and the style of this mod. Great work.

I'm so happy about this post.

As it stands I believe that it's nigh impossible to improve your status with a faction (short of joining them, if you haven't yet). Uomoz may change it in the future.

If you join a faction you stick with their relationship, until you leave them. Joining a faction doesn't fix previous actions though, so if you join Heg after attacking independents, you'll still be hostile to independents. I will implement some form of trading with neutral military outposts, but only for low-tier ships and a small quantity of supplies.

I get this CTD when engaging the Pirate fleet AssBringer, the one with the infernal machine, my fleet consists of 2 Conquerors and 1 Aurora battlecruiser with some Wolf Frigates as support. I get to kill a few ships then CTDs with null message.

164221 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 154, FP2: 386, maxFP1: 280, maxFP2: 420
339327 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.checkSplit(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Later edit:
After further testing I've found out that it has nothing to do with the AshBringer fleet, the culprit is the Piranha Missile launchers, they launch the carrier missile and when they're supposed to split into multi-warheads the game crashes with the above log message. Hope it helps :)

Ah just fought it again with the launchers removed almost won it but it still happened... I guess the enemy fleet has some kind of MIRV launchers? (Nevermind forgot to unmount that Piranha launcher from the Aurora  ::)).

Thanks for the report, removed the piranha launcher for the time being as it's bugged :).

On a side note, small report on what's happening in dev:
- Updated all mods to their latest versions.
- Removed Nomads and Kadur. Nomads have a sever inherent memory leak, bound to their hullmods, removing them improved the performance a lot on my system. Kadur, I felt like waiting for the graphic update that was announced wasn't worth it, as I didn't like their look so much even if the gameplay was pretty great.
- Made the blueprint selection a lot easier and classified by ship tier (frigate-destroyer-etc) instead of faction.
- Creating some cool events like boss fleets, invasions and stuff. I'm kind of thorn about bounties as they wouldn't apply to VW players like me.
- A lot of other things I totally forgot about.

Let me know if you guys have any idea for the upcoming release!

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 09, 2014, 07:41:56 AM »

Hi!

Just wanted to offer my mod (when it's full realesed, of course) for integration into UsS.
I would really love to see them in your compilation.
Do you think BGE would fit in or would it destroy your setting?
Let me know what you think about it, big thanks in advance!
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 09, 2014, 11:49:18 AM »

Will weapon manufacturing ever be implemented similarly to how blueprints work for ships? Or maybe we could analyze them and have them manufactured kinda how the Omnifactory works from Exerelin?
Also where can i get the DEV version if at all available?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 09, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »

Hi!

Just wanted to offer my mod (when it's full realesed, of course) for integration into UsS.
I would really love to see them in your compilation.
Do you think BGE would fit in or would it destroy your setting?
Let me know what you think about it, big thanks in advance!

Hmmmm, it really depends. Not right now, as they'd need great AI, campaign implementation, and graphics that are not really available in SS right now. For example damage decals, or damage particles, that are not metallic. Also some good lore about their relation with the lost sector.

Will weapon manufacturing ever be implemented similarly to how blueprints work for ships? Or maybe we could analyze them and have them manufactured kinda how the Omnifactory works from Exerelin?
Also where can i get the DEV version if at all available?

I'd like to but it's not that easy. Let's just say that working with ships is way easier than working with weapons when you know an Id. UsS is filled with this lists of Ids for weapns/ships for all the factions and technologies, but there's no easy way to put the weapon lists to use without some workaround. Dealing with ships was super easy though.
There will be an official version soon enough!

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: February 09, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »

Maybe you could organize the weapons Ids by function(assault ,support), mount size and possibly faction since most weapons are faction specific ,similarly to what you said you did for the ship blueprints, though I guess there simply A LOT of weapons to go through.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »

The real problem lies in the fact that its harder to pull off stats for a weapon then for a ship, for example values that I need to procedurally generate the resource cost.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 09, 2014, 12:38:40 PM »

Okay, fair enough. I will get back to you, when I think I have fixed those things you have mentioned. I've got a few lore bits on my mod page, if you like to read those.
Thanks for the reply!
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: February 09, 2014, 12:46:52 PM »

The real problem lies in the fact that its harder to pull off stats for a weapon then for a ship, for example values that I need to procedurally generate the resource cost.

Ah I see, I don't know how Starsector handles that so I can't think of anything helpful unfortunately. :(

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: February 09, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »

Do follower fleets collect resources, guns etc and drop them at the Theta base?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: February 09, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »

Do follower fleets collect resources, guns etc and drop them at the Theta base?

yep!

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: February 10, 2014, 01:51:38 AM »

Been fooling around with carrier fleets and swarming enemy fleets is pretty fun, that said though I feel that the CR supply cost for fighters is a bit too high, I mean it takes a lot of supplies to get a few fighters combat ready more than you would need to keep 2-3 Battlecruisers up and running which seems kinda silly to me. They recover very slowly as well or am i doing something wrong here?  I have 1 carrier ship with 1 flight deck.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 275