Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1559987 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.0 (Mods Collection)
« Reply #3000 on: November 15, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

1- That only happens in dev mode, try deactivating that and tall me if it keeps happening.
Ah, I see how that was set up. OK.

2- Sorry I don't really understand what you're referring to, could you be more specific?
I don't know, really; I got into a fight with a Frigate where I got "pushed" away from it, and I just kept getting pushed.  I don't have time to hunt that down, but I presume that there's a System that does this stuff and it's not working right yet :)

3- It is definitely harder then vanilla, but it's supposed to be!
The game should be harder later, not harder right at the start.  That's how it feels right now; artificially hard in the start, but I can see how it's going to get a lot easier once I've leveled up.  Needs to go the other way, imo, otherwise the only people who will play it are people who don't mind grinding a lot, and well, I hate grinding :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 15, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »

Huh... for whatever reason, with v1.0 I'm not getting any blueprint drops (no notification/message), regardless of my character's level, aptitudes, skills, or (the defeated) enemy's fleet size.

Got the issue with both the TriTachyon and Blackrock Drive Yards starts (haven't gotten around to trying the others yet), and only 3 mods are enabled: Uomoz's Sector, LazyLib, and Console Commands (also by LazyWizard).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:41:02 AM by TimeDiver »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 15, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »

Xeno, is it a blue vessel that launches many missiles?

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 15, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »

Man it seems like the saving issues has gotten worse now, I'm at the very start of a game and if I save and exit I can't load the save back up.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 15, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »

Got started off as what I assumed was blackrock, well at least in their system, got a robberfly in addition to a brawler ( <3 ) only quirk was that the trade station beside the BRDY station and that well ah, the BRDY was hostile, almost lost my fleet within 5 seconds of starting :P

Also kinda annoyed at a 0.6.1 bug where if you pick the run away option you slow down, almost got chained down (one would attack, i'd retreat, then the 2nd campaign fleet would attack my 1 burn speed fleet)to death by 2 large pirate fleets.

Seems neat, very salvage centric economy as I can tell supplies are sparse from battles, fuel is nonexistent though I found the requirements to build a ship kinda low, not that i'm complaining.

Yeah the creation decisions aren't that clear but I like them like that. Let's just say that "Where do you come from" decides where you spawn and respawn in most cases.
The retreat bug is pretty bad, I do agree. I think I can fix it myself though, as it's exposed in the files that Alex allows us to mod.
Requirements are pretty much related to the ship's FP value and are comparable to vanilla credit requirements.

3- It is definitely harder then vanilla, but it's supposed to be!
The game should be harder later, not harder right at the start.  That's how it feels right now; artificially hard in the start, but I can see how it's going to get a lot easier once I've leveled up.  Needs to go the other way, imo, otherwise the only people who will play it are people who don't mind grinding a lot, and well, I hate grinding :)

I think that is a lot subjective, a game like this can't get harder later unless 1- The mod adds some artificial menaces that hunt the player down in later phases, 2- The mod adds a lot of complexity\bad stuff to the capital management. Both are bad so I went for: ships are rare, capitals are rarer to find, you should craft them. A Starsector game lasts a lot longer this way.

Huh... for whatever reason, with v1.0 I'm not getting any blueprint drops (no notification/message), regardless of my character's level, aptitudes, skills, or (the defeated) enemy's fleet size.

Got the issue with both the TriTachyon and Blackrock Drive Yards starts (haven't gotten around to trying the others yet), and only 3 mods are enabled: Uomoz's Sector, LazyLib, and Console Commands (also by LazyWizard).

Just tested it and it's working! Are you completely sure? What were you fighting?

Man it seems like the saving issues has gotten worse now, I'm at the very start of a game and if I save and exit I can't load the save back up.

Yeah, as written in the OP, it now requires changes to vmparams.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:24:35 PM by Uomoz »

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 15, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »

Blueprints do drop, there just seems to be no notification for it.

Wraithbourne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »

I'm getting the blueprint drop notification to the left of the screen before I go to the salvage screen.  If you have a disabled enemy ship firing back up you'll see the notice after its dealt with, otherwise it appears right from the off.

Its noticable if you frequently linger on the screen like I do (it makes a nice pause point to go the loo or whatever) but it could definately do with being more clearly displayed.  Finding one is a reasonably big deal so it should be signposted clearly to the player imo.

The actual content added to the mod now is extremely impressive.  I cant wait to construct some unholy megafleet combining the best ships of each faction once I collect the required blueprints :D

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 15, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

Just tested it and it's working! Are you completely sure? What were you fighting?

In both cases, (vanilla) Pirate Raiders, [II] or [III] type-fleets.

Addendum: Pirate Armadas (and larger-sized fleets) occasionally drop a blueprint, but only if my flagship took hull damage; if only taken armor damage, nada.

Maybe the RNG just plain despises me, or something.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 15, 2013, 04:20:55 PM »

I'm getting the blueprint drop notification to the left of the screen before I go to the salvage screen.  If you have a disabled enemy ship firing back up you'll see the notice after its dealt with, otherwise it appears right from the off.

Its noticable if you frequently linger on the screen like I do (it makes a nice pause point to go the loo or whatever) but it could definately do with being more clearly displayed.  Finding one is a reasonably big deal so it should be signposted clearly to the player imo.

The actual content added to the mod now is extremely impressive.  I cant wait to construct some unholy megafleet combining the best ships of each faction once I collect the required blueprints :D

Will do something about the notification display. Thanks for the appreciation anyway! The next step for the mod will be creating your own faction using all the BPs you find and actually deciding the fleet compositions.

In both cases, (vanilla) Pirate Raiders, [II] or [III] type-fleets.

Addendum: Pirate Armadas (and larger-sized fleets) occasionally drop a blueprint, but only if my flagship took hull damage; if only taken armor damage, nada.

Maybe the RNG just plain despises me, or something.

I think that's just very bad luck as the BP drop only checks on the amount of FPs that got killed in the enemy fleet.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 15, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »

Xeno, is it a blue vessel that launches many missiles?
IIRC, it was a reddish vessel, probably Junk Pirates but can't re-create it atm, unfortunately work's keeping me too busy to do much with SS atm :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Camael

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 16, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »

Totally, utterly amazing. Even did me the personal favour of hammering Kadur in there. Whee.

Things I did notice:

Memory clogging got worse (no surprise.)

Blueprint drops are insanely rare. I have a level 30 character now and managed to collect a whopping four (4) blueprints. I'm not generally one of the lucky guys but that is quite harsh. Especially as I did manage to take down three Hegemony SDF's with their 3,5 Onlsaughts. (Love trashing these buckets. Take a destroyer, get behind them and enjoy...)

Having no credit rewards increases the potential danger from the boarding troll, as blowing up the "boardable" ship blows up the parts as well. A small credit injection per won combat might be nice.

Having no fuel drops at all poses the risk of getting stranded in a hostile system - forever. Me going to the nomad place to check it out and possibly hunt down some SDFs (They did not have any?) almost had to start a new game before I realized I could not just hunt for fuel wherever I was. Please reconsider this/put up some "automated fuel depots" as the ironclads universe has them.

The faction You chose does not sell their blueprints or faction specific parts. Puts You in the strange situation that You can compose Your fleet of everything Your enemies have, but with Your allies You have to hope for a good season on the shipdealer's at home. I think You should give us an option to either buy the stuff completely, or buy the components and have the blueprints drop from the faction's >enemies< as a reward for good service by Your sponsors.

Blackrock start at Corvus works fine, they are not hostile.

The two Kadur factions seem to always be hostile (rebels) and neutral (main faction) if You do start with some faction not related to them. Should they not all be hostile and just hating each other as well?

The twinstar-system with the Kadur presence does not have a neutral trade hub. That's a pity, hunting there is fun.

Neutral trade hubs seem to have a lot more and better stock now than before. Love it. Only issue - faction stations seem rather dried out now. Both Blackrock bases only sold rather small and basic stuff and ships.

Give me more nomads! I don't feel hunted by the occasional, lone djihad-corso.

Finally, not an issue, but might be interesting - unlike the previous version, when I started the new game a large number of fleets spawned instantly at every visible station and spread from there. In the last version You said You had spread that out as to avoid exploding the workload on some people's poor little computing machines. I think this got lost somewhere on the way.   

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 16, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »

Yeah I really hope the next Starsector patch that comes out fixes this memory thing because this is pretty bad.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: November 16, 2013, 03:19:40 PM »

Totally, utterly amazing. Even did me the personal favour of hammering Kadur in there. Whee.

Things I did notice:

Memory clogging got worse (no surprise.)

Blueprint drops are insanely rare. I have a level 30 character now and managed to collect a whopping four (4) blueprints. I'm not generally one of the lucky guys but that is quite harsh. Especially as I did manage to take down three Hegemony SDF's with their 3,5 Onlsaughts. (Love trashing these buckets. Take a destroyer, get behind them and enjoy...)

Having no credit rewards increases the potential danger from the boarding troll, as blowing up the "boardable" ship blows up the parts as well. A small credit injection per won combat might be nice.

Having no fuel drops at all poses the risk of getting stranded in a hostile system - forever. Me going to the nomad place to check it out and possibly hunt down some SDFs (They did not have any?) almost had to start a new game before I realized I could not just hunt for fuel wherever I was. Please reconsider this/put up some "automated fuel depots" as the ironclads universe has them.

The faction You chose does not sell their blueprints or faction specific parts. Puts You in the strange situation that You can compose Your fleet of everything Your enemies have, but with Your allies You have to hope for a good season on the shipdealer's at home. I think You should give us an option to either buy the stuff completely, or buy the components and have the blueprints drop from the faction's >enemies< as a reward for good service by Your sponsors.

Blackrock start at Corvus works fine, they are not hostile.

The two Kadur factions seem to always be hostile (rebels) and neutral (main faction) if You do start with some faction not related to them. Should they not all be hostile and just hating each other as well?

The twinstar-system with the Kadur presence does not have a neutral trade hub. That's a pity, hunting there is fun.

Neutral trade hubs seem to have a lot more and better stock now than before. Love it. Only issue - faction stations seem rather dried out now. Both Blackrock bases only sold rather small and basic stuff and ships.

Give me more nomads! I don't feel hunted by the occasional, lone djihad-corso.

Finally, not an issue, but might be interesting - unlike the previous version, when I started the new game a large number of fleets spawned instantly at every visible station and spread from there. In the last version You said You had spread that out as to avoid exploding the workload on some people's poor little computing machines. I think this got lost somewhere on the way.   

Lot of interesting feedback, thanks Camael!

BP drops will be increased next patch (soon, based on feedback like this).
I probably won't change the fact that you can't find credits in loot (I think it feels way better like this), and I'll wait for Alex to fix the boarding awkwardness in vanilla.
Will add a tiny bit of chance of fuel drop, after all some tankers may have survived the explosions, but the stranded idea is totally intentional (FUN).
You will be able to trade hostile blueprints for your faction's and buy your faction's components.
Fixed Kadur Regime standings bug for next version (ty!).
The initial spawn "explosion" is actually intentional, I prefer it like this over a continuous stuttering for the first few weeks.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 16, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »

Q:what will happen when you end up in hostile system with no friendly stations & your have no Fuel ?
A:you will stuck since you can't loot fuel from the fights
PS:                                                                                                                                               ::)& aren't you go little carried away with the spawning fleets ? i mean it's not HARD or anything but since previous update i saw 3 or more big (not the biggest) hegemony fleets defending corvus jump point
& can we/I have "Officers" back ?
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

bro918

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: November 16, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »

How do you increase relations with other factions? It sucks being restricted to the neutral trade stations.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 275