Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549200 times)

Warclone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #3885 on: July 27, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »

I tried using the normal and the unstable dev version of this, and it's giving me:
Fatal: org/lazywizard/lazylib/LazyLib: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
Check starsector.log for more info.

...and exits as soon as the game finishes loading.
I've checked all three mods, including LazyLib 1.9 and Shaderlib 1.66.  I modified VMparams.  I even put the jre 64bit in the starsector directory.

Any ideas why I can't run what seems to be an awesome mod?

EDIT: more detail from the log:
295329 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/BR/ships/stenos.png] as texture with id [graphics/BR/ships/stenos.png]
295335 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 612.38 MB of texture data so far
295336 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/BR/ships/stenos.png (using cast)
295336 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
295341 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 613.05 MB of texture data so far
295341 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/atlas_af.png (using cast)
295445 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/lazywizard/lazylib/LazyLib : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/lazywizard/lazylib/LazyLib : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:296)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:43:37 AM by Warclone »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 27, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »

That seems to be an issue with lazylib. Is it the latest version?

Warclone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: July 27, 2014, 09:49:47 AM »

Yes, I downloaded LazyLib a few days ago from the top of the post that's linked from this thread.  LazyLib's post was last edited on July 4th, so it must be the latest version.

06Elija

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »

Hey there! I just wanted to ask, if, in the vmparams file, I could insert bigger numbers after the Xmx, because, as I know, this controls the amount of RAM starsector is allowed to use. Will that cause any bugs if I insert for example 4096?
Thanks!

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 27, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »

I tried using the normal and the unstable dev version of this, and it's giving me:
Fatal: org/lazywizard/lazylib/LazyLib: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
Check starsector.log for more info.

...and exits as soon as the game finishes loading.
I've checked all three mods, including LazyLib 1.9 and Shaderlib 1.66.  I modified VMparams.  I even put the jre 64bit in the starsector directory.

Any ideas why I can't run what seems to be an awesome mod?

It looks like you put an older Java runtime into your game folder. Starsector switched to using Java 7 in the last update.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:36:30 PM by LazyWizard »

Warclone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: July 27, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »

It looks like you put an older Java runtime into your game folder. Starsector switched to using Java 7 in the last update.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure that's why I'm getting the error.  I put jre-7u65-windows-x64.exe (which is the latest version) into C:\Program Files (x86)\Starsector, which is what the first post recommends.  I also installed the latest Java 7, update 65 and verified I'm up to date here: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Still getting the error.  Any other ideas?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 27, 2014, 04:53:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure that's why I'm getting the error.  I put jre-7u65-windows-x64.exe (which is the latest version) into C:\Program Files (x86)\Starsector, which is what the first post recommends.  I also installed the latest Java 7, update 65 and verified I'm up to date here: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Still getting the error.  Any other ideas?
You install java 7 64bit, navigate to the folder it was installed, copy the jre7 folder to the Starsector folder, and rename it jre after removing the old one.

Warclone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: July 27, 2014, 05:30:36 PM »

You install java 7 64bit, navigate to the folder it was installed, copy the jre7 folder to the Starsector folder, and rename it jre after removing the old one.
Interesting, now that I've done that, I'm getting a different error.  Any ideas?

Fatal: Error compiling [data.scripts.plugins.EngineKillEffect]
Cause: data.scripts.plugins.EngineKillEffect

51839 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
51843 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 613.05 MB of texture data so far
51844 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/atlas_af.png (using cast)
52611 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.plugins.EngineKillEffect]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.plugins.EngineKillEffect]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.scripts.plugins.EngineKillEffect
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:165)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3893 on: July 27, 2014, 05:33:11 PM »

Hey there! I just wanted to ask, if, in the vmparams file, I could insert bigger numbers after the Xmx, because, as I know, this controls the amount of RAM starsector is allowed to use. Will that cause any bugs if I insert for example 4096?
Thanks!
Yup, larger numbers work just fine :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 27, 2014, 06:25:22 PM »

Ok, I've hit the bedrock here. The issue you guys described is REAL, (game unable to load after some time passes in-game) there's something like a huge mem leak somewhere and it isn't in the code I wrote recently since I removed that and it still happens. It may be somewhere in the mods I've updated (SS+, II, SHI, PACK), or something else. Analyzing the heap dumps didn't really help since I don't have the knowledge to actually understand where something is wrong by reading the values there. I have no idea how to fix this.

EDIT: if anyone is interested in helping this is the last part of the log after a failure to load:

Spoiler
347451 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.B  - Loading class: com.fs.util.DoNotObfuscate
381418 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.B  - Loading class: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.SmoothMovementModule$MovementModuleDelegate
383230 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.B  - Loading class: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.RingBand
383230 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.B  - Loading class: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
393760 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
393761 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - GC overhead limit exceeded
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
   at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.xni.XMLString.toString(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.XMLAttributesImpl.getValue(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.getAttributeValue(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.getAttribute(StaxReader.java:88)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ReaderWrapper.getAttribute(ReaderWrapper.java:52)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:53)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:89)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:77)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.unmarshal(MapConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
[close]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:38:53 PM by Uomoz »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: July 27, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

From my end, it would appear as if there's a loop somewhere in the system, as there's just a repeating lines going on forever until you run out of memory.  There's a bit just above the repetitions in my .log that says something about:

class[17]           : data.scripts.uss.SpawnsManager

Might have to do with your SpawnsManager.java script.  Or I could be making a complete fool of myself here, but every bit helps I suppose.

(note that this is from a *somewhat* old version of the mod, maybe just a few hours - I know you have a tendency to update the Dev Dropbox very quickly)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:06:54 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 27, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »

Alright, I'm done. After 6 hours straight of trying to find what is wrong with uss I desist. For me the mod is stalled, not even sure if I'll bother picking it up anytime soon.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3897 on: July 27, 2014, 08:38:06 PM »

Alright, I'm done. After 6 hours straight of trying to find what is wrong with uss I desist. For me the mod is stalled, not even sure if I'll bother picking it up anytime soon.
I sincerely wish I had the coding skills to lend you a hand :(

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: July 27, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

jhsoighfdgivnidfk. After reverting the whole thing to 1.3 AND adding back the stuff I made, it works now. So apparently some of the new mod releases are NOT stable.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #3899 on: July 27, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »

You can likely rule out anything involved with Starsector+ because I have been getting consistent load times and stability even with extended campaign tests.  I'd double-check if I were you, though, just to make sure it's not an error in translation.  I have done major optimizations on that distortion plugin in SS+; you should copy the current version over (especially since it has some compatibility updates for the upcoming templars).

A memory leak is typically something that affects only an instance of the game; these are relatively rare in Java because of garbage collection.  If it's affecting loading, then it means that something is going very wrong in the persistent data or fleets/objects are being spawned constantly that never get removed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:53:34 PM by Dark.Revenant »
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 275