Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549057 times)

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #3870 on: July 18, 2014, 12:19:13 AM »

You know, it might be kind of interesting if the faction you are affiliated with sent a small convoy of supplies and weapons to the Abandoned Station in Corvus every once in awhile. Maybe increase the number of supplies/stuff depending on how many of the faction's enemies you've killed over the last bit. You'd have an incentive for doing faction-y things, and there'd be a reason to defend your faction's convoy all the way to it's destination (almost like a side-mission). Just thinking out loud here...

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3871 on: July 19, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »

To be honest, I don't see a need for separate Refit options as the refitting system already has a clear means of differentiating between items which are in your inventory and items which are owned by merchants.

Do you need to be in the "personal hanger" refit screen to access items stored in your personal hanger? I'm not near my desktop right now or I'd check myself, but that seems like a pertinent question.

Personally, I use the station merchants and refitting almost every time I dock, as well as the Repair option. I'd like to see those given priority on the primary screen, while things like blueprint management seem like they could be nested under Personal Hanger. Of course, that's just my preference :)

Red5x5

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: July 19, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »

"Also helps to put jre 64bit in the main Starsector folder, instead of the vanilla 32bit version if you have a 64bit OS http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp."

I don't understand this?  I have 64bit java but what do i need to do move the file or program called jre1.7.0_65 into the main dir?  Can you be more specific if you have a moment or anyone else who can answer this?

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: July 19, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »

To be honest, I don't see a need for separate Refit options as the refitting system already has a clear means of differentiating between items which are in your inventory and items which are owned by merchants.

Do you need to be in the "personal hanger" refit screen to access items stored in your personal hanger? I'm not near my desktop right now or I'd check myself, but that seems like a pertinent question.

Personally, I use the station merchants and refitting almost every time I dock, as well as the Repair option. I'd like to see those given priority on the primary screen, while things like blueprint management seem like they could be nested under Personal Hanger. Of course, that's just my preference :)

Yes you need those because one gives you access to your inventory and items stored at the station, and the other gives you access to your inventory and items for sale from the station

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: July 20, 2014, 02:25:56 AM »

"Also helps to put jre 64bit in the main Starsector folder, instead of the vanilla 32bit version if you have a 64bit OS http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp."

I don't understand this?  I have 64bit java but what do i need to do move the file or program called jre1.7.0_65 into the main dir?  Can you be more specific if you have a moment or anyone else who can answer this?
Rename the new folder to the same name as the current jre then copy it over and override. I hope that helps, I had a ton of trouble understanding the cyberbabble.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3875 on: July 21, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »

You know, it might be kind of interesting if the faction you are affiliated with sent a small convoy of supplies and weapons to the Abandoned Station in Corvus every once in awhile. Maybe increase the number of supplies/stuff depending on how many of the faction's enemies you've killed over the last bit. You'd have an incentive for doing faction-y things, and there'd be a reason to defend your faction's convoy all the way to it's destination (almost like a side-mission). Just thinking out loud here...
Indeed! The reason I suggested a resupply idea is that, at the moment, there is very little connection between the player and the faction to which they belong. Yes, you can buy their ships, and yes they won't attack you, but aside from picking up some enemies, factions are just basically ship-marts for the player.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: July 24, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »

Yo! New feature, factions can build temporary outposts to enforce their presence in any system. The outposts last a limited time but are full fledged stations with markets and stuff. Outposts spawns smaller fleets and can easily be used as a temporary base in a system.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: July 24, 2014, 07:03:26 AM »

Oh, that's REALLY nice. :D I can finally start camping the Junk Pirates system, beautiful!

Is that up on the dev version yet?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34:24 AM »

Oh, that's REALLY nice. :D I can finally start camping the Junk Pirates system, beautiful!

Is that up on the dev version yet?

yep! (I think). But it's only in corvus and have a really fast pace for testing purposes. Can't test it atm though so be careful!

EDIT: fixed it and properly implemented for all factions/systems. Let me know what you guys think about it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:52:15 PM by Uomoz »

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3879 on: July 26, 2014, 12:39:22 AM »

Yo! New feature, factions can build temporary outposts to enforce their presence in any system. The outposts last a limited time but are full fledged stations with markets and stuff. Outposts spawns smaller fleets and can easily be used as a temporary base in a system.

:D :D :D  

Will test bright and early tomorrow!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: July 26, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »

Hm, I can't seem to be able to load up a save with the current version.  I started a new game, saved, and came back to it an hour later and I couldn't load a save.  It says something about it not being a compatible save.  It worked with the dev version before you implemented the temporary outposts.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3881 on: July 26, 2014, 03:48:18 PM »

Hm, I can't seem to be able to load up a save with the current version.  I started a new game, saved, and came back to it an hour later and I couldn't load a save.  It says something about it not being a compatible save.  It worked with the dev version before you implemented the temporary outposts.

I can confirm that there is a savegame issue in the Dev build. I saved the game, tried to about two minutes later, and was met with an error. On the plus side, I did notice that the Imperial faction had sent out a "Massive Construction Fleet" to the Nur system, so it looks like the are indeed building outposts. I'm heading that way now to see if they were successful in building it.

EDIT:

Just arrived in Nur and I can confirm that the Imperial fleet successfully built their base. It currently provides all of the utility of a normal base including allowing me to join the faction, providing blueprint and factory management, personal hanger, and station hanger with all of the refitting, selling, and purchasing options one would expect. Now, I don't know if it is supposed to allow all that, but it is what is currently available.

Out of curiosity, if these structures are temporary, how will personal inventory and factory usage be handled if the station's time limit runs out while there are items in the inventory/ships still being built?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:54:50 PM by JDCollie »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: July 26, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »

The very current version doesn't allow the player to use the personal storage (all the other features are actually intended to work), this means you guys are playing an old, relatively speaking, version. They are temporary and the storage/factory is actually disabled there.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3883 on: July 26, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »

The very current version doesn't allow the player to use the personal storage (all the other features are actually intended to work), this means you guys are playing an old, relatively speaking, version. They are temporary and the storage/factory is actually disabled there.
Where do I grab the current daily dev?  (The one I was using I pulled from the "Unstable Daily Dev" link on the main page)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: July 26, 2014, 05:58:59 PM »

Where do I grab the current daily dev?  (The one I was using I pulled from the "Unstable Daily Dev" link on the main page)

From that very link but since every single edit I do is added there, every download you do is probably different from any other :D. Stable should be from 3-4 hours to now, at least I could save and load without problems.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 275