Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549138 times)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #3855 on: July 08, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »

Whenever I try to edit the vmparam files it tells me that I don't have permission, even though I made sure I have full permissions
Whatever text editor it is you are using, make sure you are launching it as Administrator (Right click->Run as Administrator), then open the vmparam file and edit it. Alternatively, move the vmparam file out of your Program Files folder to somewhere like Desktop, edit it, then move it back.

zetagundam12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »

Whenever I try to edit the vmparam files it tells me that I don't have permission, even though I made sure I have full permissions
Whatever text editor it is you are using, make sure you are launching it as Administrator (Right click->Run as Administrator), then open the vmparam file and edit it. Alternatively, move the vmparam file out of your Program Files folder to somewhere like Desktop, edit it, then move it back.

Thanks so much dude I really love this mod and I'm glad you could help me get back to playing it

JasonH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »

This is getting infuriating.. I have 3 ships and only ever about 100 supply at any given time.  I get into fights and repairs cost around 100 supply and I have to sell everything I get from a fight.  I never have money to upgrade ships or move to better stuff and eventually have to start over again.  Every fight only gets me about 10 supply if that and buying it costs way more than I ever have the money for.  The ***!

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: July 10, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »

What ships do you have? BR ships, for example, are supply hogs. Also, see if you can get away with only deploying part of your fleet.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3859 on: July 10, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »

This is getting infuriating.. I have 3 ships and only ever about 100 supply at any given time.  I get into fights and repairs cost around 100 supply and I have to sell everything I get from a fight.  I never have money to upgrade ships or move to better stuff and eventually have to start over again.  Every fight only gets me about 10 supply if that and buying it costs way more than I ever have the money for.  The ***!
As long as you aren't taking catastrophic damage and generally make sure to only deploy the ships you actually need, you should make your money back in loot the vast majority of the time.

Well, until you start fielding cruisers and larger, that is. You have to have a REALLY good reason to deploy a capital ship, because doing so will cost you something between all of your supplies and your first born child.

JasonH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: July 10, 2014, 10:27:33 PM »

This mod is great but the steep cost is just not making it worth it to me, I can't get a good enough game going and it's disappointing. 

BlittzOff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: July 13, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »

This mod is great but the steep cost is just not making it worth it to me, I can't get a good enough game going and it's disappointing. 

Had the same problem. Try using the void walker station.Activating it makes all factions hostile but it lets you convert any item you find into Supplies, Fuel, and lets you convert crew to marines.It's really efficient, because 1 electronic component = 1 supply, and you get a lot of them after each fight.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: July 13, 2014, 03:12:46 PM »

Another way to get forward is to do a lot (and I mean A LOT) of the bounties.  Take some names!  It'll make your start a lot easier because it can reward you with two things - either a boat load of cash, or some cash and a new ship (which you can sell and make more cash).  Makes the start a bit slower than activating the Void Walkers station, but it's a risk vs. reward thing - do I want the entire universe to be clawing for my throat, but be rich as all hell, or do I want only a few people clawing at my throat, but be less rich?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Isviel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: July 16, 2014, 08:03:23 AM »

First of all, I must say that I absolutely LOVE this game and this mod  :P

Little question from a newbie :
I activated the voidwalker station,
but it is not spawning any fleet.

Is there something to do before it start spawning followers?

Because I'm starting to feel a little alone between everybody wanting to murder me.
Already got a couple of blueprints set ''on'' for minions.

Thx for your help!

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: July 17, 2014, 05:24:13 AM »

First off, great mod!

So is there a feature/guide around that I may have missed? 250+pages in this thread and allot is trouble shooting. I may have missed some tips/ways of getting the most out of this mod.

Feels like I might not be getting out of this mod all it has to offer, do to my ignorance of such a major mod.

Stations, the empty ones I think I need two kinds of ships to make one mine? Super Freighter Atlas, and troop transport with said supplies? double click or somthing?

Got blue prints down...awesome.

Mining....I went into a system and saw ships huddled around 'roids. How does one mine?

Tips on boarding? Mainly use marines right? not crew. best to hard dock or assault from distance.

After coming back after almost a two year break I'm fired up with the vanilla features and just got this mod the other night.

Thanks in advance  ;)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: July 17, 2014, 06:32:12 AM »

In Uomoz's Sector, you can't capture stations.  Only in Exerelin. ;)

Don't believe you can mine asteroids in this version of the game - supplies just sell for too much, it'd make the game easy-mode.

I usually don't use Marines when boarding (although I probably should).  I generally use tried and tested military strategy and hard-dock send in about two to three times the number of enemy crew still alive, to compensate for any surviving enemy Marines.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: July 17, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »

Back to it! Updating SS+, SHI, Pack, Mayorate, II. I'm not aware of imminent releases so that's it for the moment. New version up in a bunch of days.

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »

;D

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3868 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »

Back to it! Updating SS+, SHI, Pack, Mayorate, II. I'm not aware of imminent releases so that's it for the moment. New version up in a bunch of days.
Yay!

Also, Uomoz, would it be possible to implement a resupply option similar to what the AI fleets do?

What I mean is, would it be possible to implement a system where players who are affiliated with a faction are able to occasionally receive resupply from said faction, such as ships, weapons, personnel, etc? Right now voidwalking makes large fleets viable, but if you want to stay faction-side, it seems MUCH more difficult.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: July 17, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »

I believe that the new cashflow from selling BP, maintaining a big fleet will be fairly easier. The best way to receive free stuff remains completing bounties :)

EDIT: BTW, have you guys any ideas how to make the whole station menu more accessible/better organized?

the current tree is:

Station hangars - Station's cargo market
Trade ships
Refit your ships (station's market)
Back

Personal hangar - Your cargo storage
Your ships hangar
Refit your ships (your hangar)
Customize a ship in the fleet
Back

Any feedback on this matter is really appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:00:41 AM by Uomoz »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 275