Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560012 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3540 on: April 15, 2014, 05:52:01 AM »

You should mention in description that mod is playable only at x64 bit version of Java and 4G allocated memory. Otherwise you won't have enough time to do anything in game before it crashes with OutOfMemory error.

It's written with huge letters in the OP :).

You bastard, Uomoz.  Now I must start a new campaign to play the new fixes...lol.  But I can certainly say that this is one of the most commonly updated mods I've seen in my life so far. :D Good job, keep it up!

Thanks!

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: April 15, 2014, 06:09:12 AM »

RC6 really improved things for me, great job man. :) Did you reduce BP drop rate? Cause i've killed like 10-12 fleets and I've yet to find 1 BP. The new music is great, will you be adding more?

Offtopic: Friendly AI is really wonky, they tend to not engage ships at range and not use their missile systems properly, aside from the fact that they die quite quickly vs enemy ships. Has this problem always been in the game?

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: April 15, 2014, 08:15:56 AM »

I have noticed the poor missile AI, i never used to use them but with this mod you use whatever you can get your hands on. (a timberwolf with an LPG and voidspears for instance) The AI barely ever fires missiles in any mod/vanilla. It is like the poor fleeing and chasing AI, it is how it is. Knowing when to fire a weapon with so little ammo is something that still annoys me, the AI would struggle.

Back on topic: I love this mod!
And how on earth did you figure out it was the oxes??? clearly you were surprised too.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: April 16, 2014, 06:04:17 AM »

You seem to spawn in with no fuel, drift towards the nearest system, and tend to run into an enemy fleet which tears you apart.

At least it lets you start with an extra level.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: April 16, 2014, 06:09:29 AM »

I've never run into an enemy fleet on the first warp-in. I have appeared in dangerous proximity to a fleet that couldn't catch up to me before though.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: April 16, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »

Thank you all for the feedback!

RC6 really improved things for me, great job man. :) Did you reduce BP drop rate? Cause i've killed like 10-12 fleets and I've yet to find 1 BP. The new music is great, will you be adding more?

Offtopic: Friendly AI is really wonky, they tend to not engage ships at range and not use their missile systems properly, aside from the fact that they die quite quickly vs enemy ships. Has this problem always been in the game?

Yeah BP drops are definitely rarer, but with the conversion system you can transform a ship in many of its variants! The music is all provided by the mods I integrated, pretty good stuff! About the AI: I didn't change much, are you sure you set proper weapon groups? It's really important to let the AI have good weapon groups to use (not all weapons in 1 group).

Back on topic: I love this mod!
And how on earth did you figure out it was the oxes??? clearly you were surprised too.

That was very hard and frustrating and totally surprising.

You seem to spawn in with no fuel, drift towards the nearest system, and tend to run into an enemy fleet which tears you apart.

Yep it's intended and written in the starting dialogue. Escaping from big fleets is really easy, even if they manage to catch up and start the retreat battle, since you only have frigates.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: April 16, 2014, 09:25:11 AM »

You should mention in description that mod is playable only at x64 bit version of Java and 4GB allocated memory (to a mere 3GB or something). Otherwise you won't have enough time to do anything in game before it crashes with OutOfMemory error.

Hmm. I am running Starsector only off a 32x version of Java and I believe my 4G is actually limited due to 32x Windows. While laggy at times, it has run quite well so far. I probably have to run a longer game to make sure the savegame doesn't grind to a halt. But so far, so good.

Make sure to set your vmparams to -Xms1024m. You probably already did this. I'm justing putting it up as a general reminder.

It can take a few extra tries, in case you start up in the arms of a hostile fleet. Or it can go well right off the bat. Thing is, the "out of fuel" start ensures a fairly random and unique start. Every time, which is great!

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: April 16, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »

If I was going to complain about the start, it would be the ship selection screen. Sometimes it only gives you a choice between a mercury transport and a similarly weak and small ship, sometimes it gives your four ships to choose from. I saw a guy start with a mayorate ship (which would be awesome to have happen) in his video but I've never gotten that to appear.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: April 16, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »

I think the stronger military frigates, like that Mayorate Lilith, have been cut as starting ships.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:33 AM »

If I was going to complain about the start, it would be the ship selection screen. Sometimes it only gives you a choice between a mercury transport and a similarly weak and small ship, sometimes it gives your four ships to choose from. I saw a guy start with a mayorate ship (which would be awesome to have happen) in his video but I've never gotten that to appear.

Yeah it's based on random lists and it gives the player only very weak ships atm. It's intended to be like that, you can get the Underdog any time though.

DEV NEWS: upped the BP gain back to the old levels and added back the hound BP at the VW activation (BUUUUUG).

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: April 16, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »

Yeah, very weak would describe all the starters I've tried, certainly. The only ones that tend to last for me are Enlils with no rockets as a companion ship (I had a start that gave all of my ships annihilator rockets once, which was hilarious but quickly dead), and sometimes a scalaron-armed mercury as tertiary backup if it survives the first battles. Pre-voidwalker station, the couple games I've played I've had the most success taking a Sickle frigate from someone (don't remember who, but it was my most recent save in RC5) after a battle, or sneaking into mayorate space and joining them, then trading my flagship and/or credits for a Lilith.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:31:16 AM by Aklyon »

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: April 16, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by conversion, you can take a ship and change it to a different type or what? I've been out of the loop for a while.

Also I "love" that boarding ships results 80% of the time in a self-destruct killing of both ships, just pure awesome.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:14:46 PM by DefiasOne »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: April 16, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »

RC 1.7 RC6.7 SOO SMOOTH now  :D works great, thank you for that
BUT... as for the game play, i dunno if anyone saw that but your void walkers fleets like to do camping
early it wasnt that much problem but now my home (void) station is at the border of the all system & you know, they just camping & waiting for 'sommething' to pass bay but they got order"patroling" or some sort of thing
is this a bug/glitch or deliberate action ?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:51:45 PM by theSONY »
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: April 16, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »

You have a download link for the RC 1.7 version?  I believe it's one of the Dropbox links, but I can't find it.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 275