Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549095 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3525 on: April 14, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »

The pace is intentionally slower then vanilla, to make acquiring new assets a more satisfactory moment.

Making the pace slower is one thing, making it a grindfest is another.

Even on RC5, all i'm doing is camping the pirate station and wait for a fleet of my size to spawn. Also following Tri-tachyons cruisers until they engage the Hegemony, hoping it manage to get away with 0 CR for an easy pick. I'm also forced to artificially maintain my fleet to a small size to prevent the enemy to run away from me as there's an empty hole between scouts fleets and attack fleets where you can't attack neither ones.

Currently it kinda feel like a Korean mmo where you need to farm a gazillion random pig to get to level 2.

Also i was wondering, why Kadur have been removed? Oasis and Mirage were pretty lively systems that gave an alternative to Corvus.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I find the slower pace more appealing to my tastes, and makes me come back to a previous character more willingly. Given the rarity of effective military ships, creating a small elite group of captured/produced vessels is the core idea of the mod. I completely suggest moving your attack area outside of the comfort zone (Corvus) to the risk zone (Hyper), the price of the fuel is quickly compensated by the variety of fleets around.

About the gap you mentioned between scouts (scavengers) and attack fleets (raiders):

Scavengers FP range: 3, 20
Raiders FP range: 25, 75

It's possible that compared to vanilla there are less pirate fleets (to lessen the memory issues) and that's why I suggest you to take some risks and move around instead of camping an area over and over.

Kadur was removed since they were not updated and the quality was kind of lackluster.

RC5
5 lvl on fleet management
have a little help from Lazy Console Command :P but soon as build up lvl & cash i turn off the Console Command ( it was the 1'st time whae i use this mod)
Spoiler
[close]
this is all hounds, but i'll waite some time, remove hounds from the void's blueprints to use & replace with other frigate then i saw the very same thing (but with less ships in fleets)
but not ALL the fleets are like that, 2/3 are good
PS: can't really tell there much improvements with the lagg's, the beginings are the worst FPS - 9-10 but later it's bit better but not that better as in prev ver.
i figure that much is about the fleet size & numbers in the game SO... maybe is there any way to turn off visible ships that are in the fleet ? because you know, all that fleets & ships minatures its quite a lot to display

How much ram do you have? CPU specs? Can you send me a version that was smooth?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:54:09 AM by Uomoz »

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »

AMD Athlon 64
3200+
2.22GHz, 1.5 GB RAM

latest smooth yoyr mod ver was: UomozSector 1.3 RC1

i also check UomozSector 1.3 RC1 laggines from the Start (NEW GAME)
So day 1 from the start i got solid 27-38 FPS
(got day 1 screen from all spawned fleets)
Spoiler
[close]

so i do the same thing for curret build : UomozSector 1.3 RC5
NEW GAME day 1: 
9-14 FPS
& screen
Spoiler
[close]

why i took screens ? to check if this all about fleets & their numbers & i still think this is about some NEW effect on the map screen or anything like that, maybe some new backgrounds or light effects, i dunno
but this is the 1'st time that i have TAHAT much problems with your mod
& i know this isn't just about my CPU spec
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 14, 2014, 01:01:50 PM »

I think it may be related to the sheer amount of stuff that has to be allocated in the RAM (UsS now includes a lot of music for example). Try deleting this:

"music":{

"music_campaign":[
         {"file":"ambient.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"ambient2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"stellarremnant.ogg","source":"sounds/exi/music"},
         {"file":"Stellar Rust.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music"},
         {"file":"StianStark-Starfarer-Exploration_Alpha.ogg","source":"sounds/music/music.bin"},
         {"file":"Blackrock.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music"},
      ],

"music_combat":[
         {"file":"battle2.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"battle3.ogg","source":"sounds/ilk/music/"},
         {"file":"Magnetic Caress.ogg","source":"sounds/BR/music"},
         {"file":"battle_ambience_01_v02_loudest.ogg","source":"sounds/music/music.bin"},
      ],
   },

From the sounds JSON in the mod and let me know if it's better.

DeathRay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: April 14, 2014, 01:22:33 PM »

Just a short question:
Where does the Archon-class Destroyer come from?

I've never seen it in any other mod and I thought Uomoz's sector is an collection, so I assumed there would be no exclusive ships.

Just asking, cause I freaking love that monster :o

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 14, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »

Its part of some ships I've been making for their own sake, and Uomoz wanted to implement them. The Archon and Arachne are all I've done some far, but I'll probably make more. Glad you like it. :D

Also yeah Erick, the new logo is my work.

DeathRay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: April 14, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »

Thump up for Cycerin, for making the ship
and
Thump up for Uomoz, for implementing it

:D

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: April 14, 2014, 07:33:46 PM »

I'm beginning to suspect my computer is the culprit here....

Spoiler
7839 [Thread-5] ERROR sound.B  - org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:151)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201)
   at sound.B$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at sound.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
8018 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alDistanceModel(AL10.java:1303)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]

edit: somehow, reinstalling the audio driver (unrelated issue, or apparently not) fixed this. not gonna question it
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:43:15 PM by ciago92 »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: April 14, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »

I'm beginning to suspect my computer is the culprit here....

Spoiler
7839 [Thread-5] ERROR sound.B  - org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:151)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:102)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:201)
   at sound.B$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
8018 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alDistanceModel(AL10.java:1303)
[close]

edit: somehow, reinstalling the audio driver (unrelated issue, or apparently not) fixed this. not gonna question it
OpenAL is related to audio actually. So yeah.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »

Did a bit of playing today while procrastinating for an exam. I'm getting a ton of lag on the campaign map from the very start. If the lag is due to the audio, you could always go through and reduce the bitrate to reduce the strain on memory (128 kbps will reduce music file size and you won't notice a difference in quality really). Also turn down the volume of the louder tracks while you're at it, some tracks are MUCH louder than others.

And DEAR GOD, the Mayorate are hard to beat. You'd think I'd have it down, having created the faction and all, but man, they just handed my ass to me repeatedly (I was playing the Blackrock guys). Might have to rebalance a few things for my next update haha...

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: April 15, 2014, 12:59:55 AM »

I just wanted to drop by here and comment on the performance issues some people are having.

To put it simply I do not think this is a memory problem, on the start of a new game Starsector consumes about 807 megabytes of memory when running this mod. My computer is extremely powerful and causes me to view mod performance issues with rose colored glasses (it is literally impossible for me to drop below 60fps under any circumstances). But memory use will remain roughly the same between users no matter how powerful your rigs are unless you are actually running out of system memory and it starts storing some information in the page file, and that will make your fps drop dramatically. When I disabled music completely in the sounds.json the total memory used curiously did not change any substantial amount.

One other thing I did take not of is that UsS consumes about 450 megabytes of Vram. So in the end I am not able to help diagnose this issue really with the kind of hardware I have but I can say what I do not believe the problem is...

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: April 15, 2014, 01:45:04 AM »

Turns out Oxes have a huge impact on campaign framerate (?????????). Reduced their number greatly for fixed 60fps + 40% idle all the time in DEV.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 15, 2014, 03:06:07 AM »

The new fixed RC most definitely corrected the issue.

RC5 campaign start: 60 fps 19% idle average

RC6 campaign start: 60 fps 90% idle average

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: April 15, 2014, 04:51:07 AM »

You bastard, Uomoz.  Now I must start a new campaign to play the new fixes...lol.  But I can certainly say that this is one of the most commonly updated mods I've seen in my life so far. :D Good job, keep it up!
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

23kulpamens

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 15, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »

You should mention in description that mod is playable only at x64 bit version of Java and 4G allocated memory. Otherwise you won't have enough time to do anything in game before it crashes with OutOfMemory error.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 275