Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549065 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3510 on: April 13, 2014, 08:09:33 AM »

RC 3 is unplayable for me, 20 FPS at 0% Idle everything moves in slow-mo :(. Haven't been around for a while last version I played was DEV4 an that worked ok.  :-\

Mhh, since I cannot reproduce it on my pc, can you describe exactly what you did? Any other mods installed? Is is immediately broken or after a while?

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: April 13, 2014, 08:49:43 AM »

I didn't do anything special, just moved RC3 into mods folder and fired up a game. It unfortunately lags quite hard at the start and after about 20 min it sorta gets a little better but still slow-mo in certain situations. The combat however works fine.

Oh, and I don't have other mods in the mods folder.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 13, 2014, 09:06:58 AM »

I didn't do anything special, just moved RC3 into mods folder and fired up a game. It unfortunately lags quite hard at the start and after about 20 min it sorta gets a little better but still slow-mo in certain situations. The combat however works fine.

Oh, and I don't have other mods in the mods folder.
got similar things, i think it's about some fleets or fleet behavior, & things gets worst when flying into a system (even vanilla ones)
so if previous build was more stable & nothing new was added then the problem must be in someone's mod
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 13, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

As a side note, how are you supposed to progress? I mean there are few small ship fleets that i can tackle with my starter ships, and the little money that i make is lost on repairs, or am I missing something here?
There is almost no way to kill a cruiser with a starter ship, unless you're lucky and get a badass starting ship I guess?
Is there another way to make credits other than blowing ships up at this point?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 13, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »

Well, you do get those ship parts (the Electronics, scraps, etc.) which can be sold for quite a lot of credits.  You also start off with something like 200 supplies, which should keep you in the green if you're near a station to get those quick, cheap repairs after a battle.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 13, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »

As a side note, how are you supposed to progress? I mean there are few small ship fleets that i can tackle with my starter ships, and the little money that i make is lost on repairs, or am I missing something here?

Low-tech ships are usually cheaper to repair and they are good enough to take down pirate scouts.

My problem with this RC3 isn't how to make money but rather how to buy ships. I joined the Hegemony and their station is almost never re-supplied, i'm stuck with hounds, drams and other TuP civilians ships. Where's my Enforcer? My Condor? My Talons? I don't know if this is supposed to be like this but now the progress of my fleet is awfully slow, i'm forced to grind pirates to get blueprints, which take ages.

Civilians scrap ships are fun and all but that's not with those that you can take down a pirate Dominator.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 13, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »

So far no crashes. The mission "TuP Collection" doesn't work as it hasn't been updated and still looks for the Vulture instead of the Buzzard.

BTW, did you add the Hawk fighter wing and / or the Hawk Ranger frigate?

I like the starting ships.  :)

By the way, did Cycerin do the new loading icon and bar?  :) The style reminds me of Cyc's sharply defined graphics in his artwork.

Updated that mission in dev. Whopsie! The wings and frigate are kind of meh, I'll see if they grow on me. Yeah the new starting art is from Cyc himself :).

Love the mod so far, especially the void walker faction. It's a complete game changer, although I would have liked to maintain at least neutral standing with the independents.
The new soundtrack is also really cool, especially the combat one. Were you inspired by any game in particular ? I think I am hearing small bits of Human Revolution's soundtrack mixed in with some X3/X3TC in the general ambient one  ;)

Also, it's very very stable for a mod with so many features not present in the base game. Only crashed once so far.

Really great job  :)

Thanks! All the assets comes from mods, the soundtrack may come from Tore up Plenty, or Blackrock, or Majorate or Exigency.

RC 3 is unplayable for me, 20 FPS at 0% Idle everything moves in slow-mo :(. Haven't been around for a while last version I played was DEV4 an that worked ok.  :-\

I made further changes in my dev making it all silky smooth (on my rig). It does'n't even stutter anymore. I will release it later tonight, let me know how it fares!

There is almost no way to kill a cruiser with a starter ship, unless you're lucky and get a badass starting ship I guess?
Is there another way to make credits other than blowing ships up at this point?

The latets RC is even harder then before (generally less components to find). The trick is killing destroyers (like buffaloes), they give a lot compared to frigates. The amount of stuff you can find in a wreckage is related to its FP cost and its Class (1x for frigates, 2x for destroyers, 3x for cruisers, 5x for capitals). So, try killing buffaloes (10x2), not hounds (3x1). I'm waiting the next official SS patch before introducing new ways to make money/parts/BPs.

My problem with this RC3 isn't how to make money but rather how to buy ships. I joined the Hegemony and their station is almost never re-supplied, i'm stuck with hounds, drams and other TuP civilians ships. Where's my Enforcer? My Condor? My Talons? I don't know if this is supposed to be like this but now the progress of my fleet is awfully slow, i'm forced to grind pirates to get blueprints, which take ages.

Civilians scrap ships are fun and all but that's not with those that you can take down a pirate Dominator.

Latest DEV i moved all the military assets to "private" lists, so the player has basically no way to purchase military grade vessels. The only way to access them is via BPs, so you can use random BPs you find or trade enemy BPs for ones from your faction.

The pace is intentionally slower then vanilla, to make acquiring new assets a more satisfactory moment. That said, now a civilian ship can usually be modified in a military grade vessel, via the modification system (ex. a Tarsus into a Condor).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:19:59 PM by Uomoz »

Bulzeeb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 13, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »

Hi, is there a way to edit all of the fleets in all factions to be, say, 3x bigger?
Other than going in and editing every single fleet in each faction one at a time...

Also: How do you obtain your faction's core parts...? Other than waiting for them to restock at their stations...?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:43:38 PM by Bulzeeb »

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »

So if I'm reading that right, then you can't get any sort of hegemony fightercraft without blueprints?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 13, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »

Hi, is there a way to edit all of the fleets in all factions to be, say, 3x bigger?
Other than going in and editing every single fleet in each faction one at a time...

Also: How do you obtain your faction's core parts...? Other than waiting for them to restock at their stations...?

Mhh there's no way to do it currently, since all spawnpoints are inside the JAR, and precompiled. I'll make an option or something in the future though!

The core parts are obtained by buying them at the station or by destroying something of the same tech of the ship you want :).

So if I'm reading that right, then you can't get any sort of hegemony fightercraft without blueprints?

I'll add some cheap fighters to the civilian lists :).

Bulzeeb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 13, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »

So that'd mean I'd have to leave my faction to build their ships eh? :<

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 13, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »

So that'd mean I'd have to leave my faction to build their ships eh? :<

Not really, you just need to buy the components and exchange some enemy blueprints for you facrion's.

BTW, RC5! https://www.mediafire.com/?6t7d6lzs9uf6add

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:36 AM »

RC5
5 lvl on fleet management
have a little help from Lazy Console Command :P but soon as build up lvl & cash i turn off the Console Command ( it was the 1'st time whae i use this mod)
Spoiler
[close]
this is all hounds, but i'll waite some time, remove hounds from the void's blueprints to use & replace with other frigate then i saw the very same thing (but with less ships in fleets)
but not ALL the fleets are like that, 2/3 are good
PS: can't really tell there much improvements with the lagg's, the beginings are the worst FPS - 9-10 but later it's bit better but not that better as in prev ver.
i figure that much is about the fleet size & numbers in the game SO... maybe is there any way to turn off visible ships that are in the fleet ? because you know, all that fleets & ships minatures its quite a lot to display
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 14, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »

The pace is intentionally slower then vanilla, to make acquiring new assets a more satisfactory moment.

Making the pace slower is one thing, making it a grindfest is another.

Even on RC5, all i'm doing is camping the pirate station and wait for a fleet of my size to spawn. Also following Tri-tachyons cruisers until they engage the Hegemony, hoping it manage to get away with 0 CR for an easy pick. I'm also forced to artificially maintain my fleet to a small size to prevent the enemy to run away from me as there's an empty hole between scouts fleets and attack fleets where you can't attack neither ones.

Currently it kinda feel like a Korean mmo where you need to farm a gazillion random pig to get to level 2.

Also i was wondering, why Kadur have been removed? Oasis and Mirage were pretty lively systems that gave an alternative to Corvus.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 14, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »

I'd second that, Helmut. Theres no point in getting large ships from your faction (or just large ships in general) unless you can get an entire fleet of them at once, since the player fleet is either fast enough and full of frigates/destroyers, or not quite big enough to fight anything it can catch.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 275