Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549165 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3465 on: March 31, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »

Since people like modular ships I will make so one can convert a ship into any of the possible other forms. For example a Talus into a Tarsus, or into a Condor.

Here some examples:

You will only find blueprint for the basic ship (Buffalo mk1, Tarsus, Cerberus etc), but once produced you will be able to convert it in any of the other possible forms (paying a cost).

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 31, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »

Since people like modular ships I will make so one can convert a ship into any of the possible other forms. For example a Talus into a Tarsus, or into a Condor.

Here some examples:

Spoiler
[close]

You will only find blueprint for the basic ship (Buffalo mk1, Tarsus, Cerberus etc), but once produced you will be able to convert it in any of the other possible forms (paying a cost).

I love you. I love you so much. That was my favorite part of when you first started introducing TuP ships!!!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 31, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »

I love this.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:27 PM »

Getting to convert a ship was great fun in Ironclads.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 31, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »

I love that, at last!  No more scrounging for that one blueprint of a Tarsus. :)

How will this work with your Void Walkers?  Will they also use the same thing, so if I give them a Tarsus Blueprint, they'll be able to get the Talus, Condor, etc?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

BlittzOff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 01, 2014, 11:43:54 PM »

I'm at the point where i amassed a few frigates and 3 cruisers and it's basically CHEWING trough supplies.And considering enemies don't drop any supplies whatsoever (unlike in vanilla) , im stuck in a process of stagnation...i have no idea what to do, i can't scuttle them because that would just destroy my hard earned ships and would destroy my progress. Maybe make supplies less expensive or make them a more common drop?I mean come on! They're more expensive than the CREW that is using them.  :-\

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 01, 2014, 11:45:02 PM »

I'm at the point where i amassed a few frigates and 3 cruisers and it's basically CHEWING trough supplies.And considering enemies don't drop any supplies whatsoever (unlike in vanilla) , im stuck in a process of stagnation...i have no idea what to do, i can't scuttle them because that would just destroy my hard earned ships and would destroy my progress. Maybe make supplies less expensive or make them a more common drop?I mean come on! They're more expensive than the CREW that is using them.  :-\
Buy a freighter?

BlittzOff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 01, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »

[/quote]Buy a freighter?
[/quote]

How is that gonna solve anything?I have a shitload of cargo space, but the thing is i have NOTHING to fill that space with.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 01, 2014, 11:58:44 PM »

How is that gonna solve anything?I have a shitload of cargo space, but the thing is i have NOTHING to fill that space with.
Have you tried supplies?

I admit, I've never had this problem.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 02, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »

Sounds like your ships are eating more supplies than they're earn'n you. The general thing to do is either take on tougher enemies if you can, or store away the ships that aren't pulling their weight until you can afford their upkeep. You also don't want to have too much extra crew, since they each cost you.

BlittzOff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 02, 2014, 12:33:52 AM »

Have you tried supplies?

I admit, I've never had this problem.

My strategy is : Engage pirate/enemy fleet  -> Molest enemy -> Take all -> Sell half electronics/armor scraps/etc. and keep rest as profit -> rinse and repeat

But the credits i get from that aren't enough to buy the supplies necessary for repairs and maintenance.So i have to sell the rest of the things too, and i don't make any profit from that.That basically means the battle cost me more in repairs than the credits i got from the fight.I currently have 90000 credits , 220/488 crew (196 skeleton) 400/600 fuel 320/600 cargo, with 60 supplies and random weapons i got off kaldur and blackrock.

Sounds like your ships are eating more supplies than they're earn'n you. The general thing to do is either take on tougher enemies if you can, or store away the ships that aren't pulling their weight until you can afford their upkeep. You also don't want to have too much extra crew, since they each cost you.

Tougher enemies? I killed the Ashbringer and all i got was 3 hellbores and 100 electronics/scraps.Well, not the WHOLE fleet.Hegemony killed most of them off, but they still had 8 cruisers and frigates + the infernal machine.In general i aim for fleets slightly bigger than mine.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 02, 2014, 01:15:42 AM »

Instead of selling them, it may be more cost effective to turn scraps and stuff into fuel and supplies at the Voidwalker fortress, if you aren't already doing so.

BlittzOff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 02, 2014, 01:20:36 AM »

Instead of selling them, it may be more cost effective to turn scraps and stuff into fuel and supplies at the Voidwalker fortress, if you aren't already doing so.

I had no idea the void walker fortress did that.When i found it, i didn't activate it, because i thought it would make all factions attack me on sight... but , considering the only ones that aren't after my ass are Hegemony and the "Sindrian Dilaktat" , i don't have that much to lose, eh?

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/f/fa/Sven_rare_06.mp3

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 02, 2014, 02:42:50 AM »

Actually, I had to put aside Uomoz Journey for a time being due to the same problem as BlittzOff. I have tried two separate approaches, playing for Voidwalkers and Hegemony respectively, and in both cases I made pretty good money at start, but as soon as I get my first Onslaught, the profit from almost any combat falls below the expenses to repair after said combat. Now, supposedly I could stick with cruisers forever, having steady profit, but what fun is it? I believe that the endgame content of Starsector is to field 5 Onslaughts, to be afraid of absolutely no fleet, and to be able to erase any possible opposition from existence by the sheer power of mindless frontal assault. Is this not the case for Uomoz Journey, or am I missing something necessary to have such endgame content?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 02, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »

UsS is more realistic and considerably harder than vanilla. you CANNOT roflstomp fleets in this, you have to use tactics to win.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 275