Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unify fleet points and deployment points?  (Read 4329 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Unify fleet points and deployment points?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 08:46:37 AM »

Hey, I know new skills and changed enemy fleets should help with the capital meta but if you do end up directly buffing or nerfing something, I'd personally  rather see weaker ships buffed than the other way around. There are already some quite decent options at lover sizes like Apogee and Hammerhead so I think others should be at their level. At the end of the day you know what's best, but I'm just hoping you don't make fights even slower than now. Combat is my favourite part of the game but even for me it can get tedious when it lasts 20+ minutes.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 09:07:33 AM »

I feel like balancing kind of inevitably ends up being a mix of both buffing and nerfing. If something is too weak, it gets buffed, if something is too strong, it gets nerfed, right. You could buff everything else instead of nerfing the strong thing, but then it's ... almost more of a redesign than a balancing pass, really, since it seems likely to change the feel of things quite a lot.

As far as fights taking a long time - I think a lot of that has to to with the number of capitals in enemy fleets, so that seems like something that should get toned down just naturally as a result of these changes. I'll keep an eye on that, though.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 10:12:20 AM »

Single endgame fleet with sixty to hundred ships of primarily frigates (with some tanky Ventures thrown in) from last release was tedious too, though not quite as much as current capital spam.
Pages: 1 2 [3]