Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.51 Gramada  (Read 318972 times)

Fire turtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Xhan Empire, version 1.6 war(minipatch)!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2020, 08:38:18 AM »

also i have to say that I absolutely adore the three design eras/generations, especially the idea of the third gen ships being AI designed.

thank you!

Hello, circumSolider,may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector forum?
Here's our fourm's address:https://www.fossic.org/
Would appreciate it if you agree ;D

By the way, I'm wondering what's the meaning of xhan's ship name, could you please make a short explanation?

Sure thing, its fine with me! As for the names do you mean Xhan or the ship names themselves?
Both, thank you very much

Ah, the names are generally different words from different languages fused together while other names are just made up. Often the ship names are russian words combined to create new names. "Xhan" comes from an older project of mine but it also does not really mean anything in particular.
ok, thank you very much

TheSpruceMoose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Xhan Empire, version 1.6 war(minipatch)!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2020, 09:52:43 PM »

Fatal: Ship hull spec [zahkhan_Wing] not found.
This happens when I invade and take The Cluster.

Just tested vanilla and with nexerelin, glib, lazylib, and magiclib. Couldn't reproduce the crash. I recommend re-downloading the mod, If the error continues please post error log. It may be a mod compatibility issue I am unaware of.

Just got this error as well trying to take the main base of a randomly generated system Xhantech HQ. It's probably due to another mod. I'm running quite a few. Don't know how to find the error log, or I'd post mine. It happens when loading the loot for the "picking through the spoils" option.

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Xhan Empire, version 1.7 (balance patch)
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »

Finally got around to doing a more complete playthrough with the faction instead of mostly trying their ships by themselves in a vacuum.

Had a cozy start with a bunch (4) of Oiehou heavy survey frigates. Very AI friendly, even lategame they do a pretty solid job of surviving an encounter. Not something that kills quickly though, a lot of my early fights vs pirates was mostly outlasting them, my own fault for not picking up a couple of the lighter speedy frigates.

After a nice set of exploring, I could afford to snag a couple of heavy destroyers as a new fleet core. These have also been fairly reliable. Their impressive stat blocks and wide turret arcs are very impressive, though the lack of backup missile slots leaves them without a trump card if things get difficult, fair. Started out having them be fairly HE focused but moved them into a more kinetic suppression role as fights got larger. I picked up one of the destroyer size carriers too cause eh may as well.

Now at this point, we get into my only slight gripe with the ship selection. There is a lack of a clear early cruiser to pick up that's fast enough to keep up with the frigate/destroyer fights. The Cheborogs are very impressive, but just buying one isn't going to be that useful as you'd want them as part of a slower battle line formation. Some moderately fast and inexpensive cruiser in the 15-20 DP range with some of the same design traits as the Panrelka would be great for padding out the edges of battle line formations and working as a core for smaller fleets.

Now there were 2 choices (outside of shopping out-of-faction), either just keep buying destroyers, as their stats let them work relatively well for larger scale combat. Or save up for a Panrelka. I went with the latter choice as having 85 speed on a capital ship range weapons platform seemed like a great idea, and this worked out as well as I'd hoped. This thing is a beast for small and large scale fleet combat. Being nigh unflankable and having enough speed to relentlessly pursue most things outside of some destroyers and light cruisers. (Random note: AI should probably be a bit more spammy with the flare system, they're very handy offensively). Firepower is perfectly acceptable too, probably one of my favorite overall ships in the mod.

As of right now, I've since picked up a couple of Cheborogs now that my fleet is large enough (aaand another carrier), a second Panrelka, cause everything good is worth having 2 of, and a Pharrek for personal use. Big fan of the Pharrek, I like that it actually has some PPT to work with compared to most superfrigs. Still haven't gotten around to trying the Occuklop but I'll make sure to snag one sometime later.

Guns feel pretty well balanced though I haven't tried all of them yet, only minor outliers I found so far were the small Shtir (1000 range on a smol ballistic kinetic at 1.07 efficiency and 100 dps is very strong), and the large Zakrep (the proximity fusing utility isn't quite worth the low dps, suggest increasing it to 300-330ish). The HE projectiles from the Zakrep and Steizok in general could do with being slightly more visually apparent (being HE damage). They can be hard to spot in the middle of kinetic bullet barrages when really zoomed out.

Great mod. Gonna keep playing with it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:11:18 PM by Phearlock »

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 09:50:12 PM »

Finally got around to doing a more complete playthrough with the faction instead of mostly trying their ships by themselves in a vacuum.

Had a cozy start with a bunch (4) of Oiehou heavy survey frigates. Very AI friendly, even lategame they do a pretty solid job of surviving an encounter. Not something that kills quickly though, a lot of my early fights vs pirates was mostly outlasting them, my own fault for not picking up a couple of the lighter speedy frigates.

After a nice set of exploring, I could afford to snag a couple of heavy destroyers as a new fleet core. These have also been fairly reliable. Their impressive stat blocks and wide turret arcs are very impressive, though the lack of backup missile slots leaves them without a trump card if things get difficult, fair. Started out having them be fairly HE focused but moved them into a more kinetic suppression role as fights got larger. I picked up one of the destroyer size carriers too cause eh may as well.

Now at this point, we get into my only slight gripe with the ship selection. There is a lack of a clear early cruiser to pick up that's fast enough to keep up with the frigate/destroyer fights. The Cheborogs are very impressive, but just buying one isn't going to be that useful as you'd want them as part of a slower battle line formation. Some moderately fast and inexpensive cruiser in the 15-20 DP range with some of the same design traits as the Panrelka would be great for padding out the edges of battle line formations and working as a core for smaller fleets.

Now there were 2 choices (outside of shopping out-of-faction), either just keep buying destroyers, as their stats let them work relatively well for larger scale combat. Or save up for a Panrelka. I went with the latter choice as having 85 speed on a capital ship range weapons platform seemed like a great idea, and this worked out as well as I'd hoped. This thing is a beast for small and large scale fleet combat. Being nigh unflankable and having enough speed to relentlessly pursue most things outside of some destroyers and light cruisers. (Random note: AI should probably be a bit more spammy with the flare system, they're very handy offensively). Firepower is perfectly acceptable too, probably one of my favorite overall ships in the mod.

As of right now, I've since picked up a couple of Cheborogs now that my fleet is large enough (aaand another carrier), a second Panrelka, cause everything good is worth having 2 of, and a Pharrek for personal use. Big fan of the Pharrek, I like that it actually has some PPT to work with compared to most superfrigs. Still haven't gotten around to trying the Occuklop but I'll make sure to snag one sometime later.

Guns feel pretty well balanced though I haven't tried all of them yet, only minor outliers I found so far were the small Shtir (1000 range on a smol ballistic kinetic at 1.07 efficiency and 100 dps is very strong), and the large Zakrep (the proximity fusing utility isn't quite worth the low dps, suggest increasing it to 300-330ish). The HE projectiles from the Zakrep and Steizok in general could do with being slightly more visually apparent (being HE damage). They can be hard to spot in the middle of kinetic bullet barrages when really zoomed out.

Great mod. Gonna keep playing with it.

Always appreciative of long form reviews like this! A lighter cruiser and additional combat destroyer are planned for the next update, in addition to some new weapons. I'll play around with the Zakrep visuals and stats and see I can make any balance changes. I'll look at the shtir as well but I already feel like Xhan with their current weapon lineup can be a little toothless against good shields. Feel free to keep me posted if you wish, detailed balance feedback is always invaluable!

iceball3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2020, 02:45:35 AM »

Is it me, or is the stolb a little hard to use, harder for the AI to use? I've been killed by my own teammates twice already, and it's definitely had to hit what you might actually be targetting, especially since the bombs bounce backwards off of fighters, missiles, etc :P

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2020, 06:56:12 PM »

Praise to the mod designer!

But there is one thing, that makes me hesitate to use your mod. It´s just an aesthetical problem...you made up such an unique style with your ships, all this round, organic and green, even some details looking like veins....until you see the thrusters of all the ships. Why do they look like silver tubes? They could look like the main of the ship, organic, like growing out of the hull, even overlapping the energy burst flaming out of it...

Just my oppinion.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2020, 11:33:35 AM »

They look like a today rocket engines.

I hope in future for more ships.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 02:19:30 AM »

Just got the zahkhan_wing crash as well, taking a random Nex base. Restarting the game and trying again worked.

Trace:
Spoiler
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  - Executing invasion round of Borlu Exchange
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Initial attacker strength: 3212.0
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Initial defender strength: 325.0
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Attacker damage: 1006.32495
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Defender damage: 86.581604
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Final attacker strength: 3125.4185
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Final defender strength: -681.32495
4921048 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  -    Spaceport disrupted for 30.311787 days
4921050 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound  - Invasion of [Borlu Exchange] by Echo Combine player fleet successful
4921051 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD  - Adding ever-raided blueprint: Gorel_Plas_Proj
4921051 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD  - Adding ever-raided blueprint: zahkhan_Wing
4926815 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [zahkhan_Wing] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [zahkhan_Wing] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.C.renderShipWithCorners(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.FighterBlueprintItemPlugin.render(FighterBlueprintItemPlugin.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.C.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoStackView.renderAtCenter(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoStackView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.G.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.E.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.if.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.float.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Enjoying the mod though, they're a lot of fun to fight!

xelo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2020, 09:37:44 AM »

Missing hull spec: zakhan wing
I got the exact same error as well while "picking through the spoils" after raiding.

Spoiler
Code
59076321 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [zahkhan_Wing] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [zahkhan_Wing] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.C.renderShipWithCorners(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.FighterBlueprintItemPlugin.render(FighterBlueprintItemPlugin.java:95)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.C.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoStackView.renderAtCenter(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoStackView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.G.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

... and I really enjoy this mod, too.
Thank you

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Xhan Empire, version 1.8.1 (Arsenal Expanded)
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2020, 08:55:51 AM »

I love how the fleet is divided up into different eras of development! Very cool concept!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Xhan Empire, version 1.8.1 (Arsenal Expanded)
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2020, 04:38:22 AM »

I love how the fleet is divided up into different eras of development! Very cool concept!

Thanks! and stay tuned, there is more content to come very soon. This time not pertaining to the Xhan Empire itself!

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile

UPDATE 1.9 New faction update! United Pamed Arrives

New save recommended to see new systems and content!

-Added new Faction: United Pamed

-Added new ship:Anuran
-Added new ship:Odonata
-Added new ship:Urodellan
-Added new ship:Carillon
-Added new ship:??

-Added new system: Paltan

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Great update!
But "United Pamed" sounds (at least for me) like it missing word. Something like "United Pamed States\Republics\etc".

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

yeah i agree the United Pamed need something

Like Confederacy, Union, Republic.

I like the new faction, looks promising. Hope you add more ships on the roster in the future!

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.0 Rumors of the Ivo Technocrats
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »

UPDATE 2.0 Rumors of the Ivo Technocrats

You will need a new save to find exploration content

-Added 5 new ships that can be discovered through exploration
-Added new weapons

-Added trails and onhit visual FX to some Xhan Empire large weapons

-Doskan Dp Reduced: 9 to 8
-Panrelka armor increased: 850 to 950