Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: If I sell Class 5 Survey Data, will the faction I sell it to try to colonize it?  (Read 6126 times)

Apple_Addict

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I found a Class 5 Terran world near the core systems, with 75% hazard rating. I've never colonized anything before, and I'm wondering if I should. It's the only planet in the system though.

But when I surveyed the world, it gave me an item worth 30k credits. Does it hurt to sell it?

Stargazer86

• Ensign
    • View Profile

In vanilla, no. No one will colonize anything so sell them to your hearts content. In Nexerellin I'm not too sure.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile

In Nexerellin I've sold half a dozen Class V survey report to a faction... only to have them end up colonizing some volcanic rock nearby.  While this may be because they needed minerals more than food, it still looks like they're colonizing more or less at random.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Nexerelin indeed makes factions colonise planets randomly. Well, not exactly randomly (it looks for certain resources), but it doesn't care what planets the player has actually surveyed.

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Specifically, the survey data items are not unique, they have no data tying them to a specific planet. As such, Nexerelin is unable to implement the colonizing such that player surveyed & sold planets are ripe targets, because there is no information about which planets you have sold data for and which you have kept for yourself after surveying.