Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF Let's Play/Bloodline: Boldroads, thorn of the Necromancers  (Read 28038 times)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
Re: DF Let's Play/Bloodline: Boldroads, thorn of the Necromancers
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 01:09:03 AM »

Holy badger-bung ... It's been a while. I've been very busy with work and a bunch of other things. So, without a further a'do! Here we go folks! :D
Here in the Cyclopean Realm, years have passed, the world has been made, and in the year of Armok, of his prophecy of Metelson. The Dwarves sent out groups to find sanctuary from the necromancers, and this is the tale of one of those groups.
Spoiler

The  Cyclopean Realm is a world of many things. Of those things the dwarves linger but are far from the mighty civilization they once were. The erosion of Goblins, the pains of Elves…
All those things have turned the Tame rag from a fierce force of reckoning. To a dwindled tribe of troglodyte bait. Seeking refuge and with the legends of a land untouched by goblin filth,  the dwarves made a last effort to make landfall on the island. Several groups tried and all of them failed. Soon, the dwarves came to the coast of the foreign lands. Of the dwarves that came they also brought a cat-man by the name of Azmond with them. He is the general overseer of the fortress. Helping to lead and herd the dwarves these entires are the journal of Azmond Zonaban, or Azmond Helmconstruct.

15 of Granite the year of 250:

Well, we’ve survived, my fur is soaked and I’m shivering in the wagon at the moment… Oh well. It is what it is and I’m alive.  Well, here’s a list of who’s left: Goldeye, a miner, Stonemother another miner, Patenince our woodworker, Koala our “leader”, Nighty our Mason, Steel Seeker the farmer, and Ironwills, last but not least.

I’ve ordered the guys to start digging while the leader starts looking around for some plants with a few of the others and Patience goes on to chop some wood down.

A Week has passed:
Ho-ho! We’ve silver now! And we’ve been hitting quite a bit of tetrahedrite and some Galena as well… Not much, I was hoping for more, still ,we’ve not dug too deep. We haven’t hit the caverns either.

1st of Felsite of the year 250:

So here is the fortress as it stands. We’ve gotten a small starting area put together. The dwarves of old had massive underground cities… and I think that is going to be the goal of our little outpost, out Boldroads a beacon of the Dwarves! To become a Mountain Hall, a home of the deep for the dwarves of the deep! A Sanctuary for the weary and lost!

Or a resort, dunno.

14th of Felsite of the year 250:
Speaking of the deep!
We’ve hit the magma sea!… I’ll be damned. Welp, time to set up shop and get a few things going… I think one of the first things we’re going to get going is the Forges as well as the Fortress proper. But, I want to find one of the caverns, as least ONE of them first, and given that there was what seemed to be a tube leading from the magma sea, I think we can find them near the sea… So I’ve started a few exploratory veins which haven’t gotten anything going at the moment.
Some time later:
Ooh hoo, I heard the shouts of joy coming up from the ramps… That’s a good sign, I think… auh, dunno. Either way, we found the caverns boy’os! We got a place to live now!… and I’ll be damned if we don’t try to do it.  Honestly I think if I really wanted to, I could get a deep shaft of sun-light to be down here… Eh, I’ll work on that later. For now? Time to get to work on the fortress proper then I suppose, or at least plan it out somehow.
2nd of Hematite, 250:
The Dwarves are going through the rock steadily to make the first cuts, though I want to see more of the cavern for planning out things we’ll need to get some doors going and I plan on essentially making a small up-top fortification in cause that wasn’t clear… We don’t need to have everyone being able to just watlz in, even if we’re on some dingy little island.

24th of Hematite, Year of Armok 250:
Goldeyes was coming back up from the mines when he noticed that… we’ve a wave of migrants!
Good! Good good good, more bodies for work and more mouths to feed… Not a bad thing but, if they’re expecting anything, good luck.
A few hours later...
Three, we’ve three people… ah well, slow n’ steady is best I’d say. Right, so I’ll get the clothier working on becoming a miner, we need some help with that.
[close]

Spoiler
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aaaaaa
AAAAAaaaa
AAAAaaaaaAAAAA
-
aeauh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaA
AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
a AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

5th of Limestone, of 250 year of Armok:
ZOMBIES AT THE FRONT GATES! I saw them I swea- I…Not even an hour later
They left… They just up an left! We need to get deep, deep now! Seal up the fortress and set a guard animal or 3 set up on top! We don’t need to be up here any longer than needed, we’ve gotten magma and we’ve found the cavenrs for wood! We need not be up more than needed!
With the dead we… we need to get somewhere safe! That’s why we had left the mainland! We were trying to be free of the nercomancers! To avoid their blight! But I suppose a zombie doesn’t care about the sea does it!?
23rd of Limestone, of 250 year of Armok:
Right, so almost a month after that auh, discovery, we’ve begun to dig a shaft to supply the forges quickly with ores from the top of the shaft… I’ll need to set up a traffic zone for the dwarves not to get into the path of the falling rocks as they’re dumped down. My plan- if it works, is to have a series of Minecarts on axles with some wooden “springs” dumb the rocks down safely into a pile for the smelters to pick up the stone easily.

Speaking of Stone…
We’ve struck Magnetite! This is an ore of iron and it is MASSIVE! We’ve iron for days now and from this single patch, ohhohoh. We can make some LOVELY things!

Some time passes. Mines are made, plans are laid. This is the first year of the bold roads. The first year of the dwarves new home on the island (peninsula?) of  The Land of Roughness in the Hills of  Wilt. They have been seen by an evil on the island (No, yeah it’s a peninsula… Oops). With the arrival of the dwarves on the far edge. They had hope to soon make the island (peninsula!!!) a haven from the necrotic machinations of the world! Sadly, the Dwarves and their brave cat-man now have been found. What will they do?

Join us next time, and find out!

So here’s the summary of the year guys.

We’ve gotten the Fortress basically locked down and set up for further development down below. So what IS the plan? I’m… still thinking about what the really is. At the moment, the goal is to get the dwarves set up as “Deep” Dwarves.  And Making a zombie “Playground” … I’ll make a proof of concept I think…  I dunno, gonna’ have to think about what I want to do with that, as there are a few things I could do.
Either way, welcome back ya’ blaggards and I hope you enjoy coming with me on this adventure!

[close]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:28:10 AM by Azmond »
Pages: 1 2 [3]