Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Personal Contacts  (Read 27237 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Contacts
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »

I generally have it set to 300 and that's the "primarily intended/target battle size". Things will be a bit different with it set low or high, yeah, but I don't think to the extent of, say, making frigates useless. With 200 DP (40% of 500; assuming an endgame fight where you're going to start out down in DP almost no matter what), you can still only deploy, what, 3-4 capitals. And if you have 300 DP, that's... still enough for *some* variety - or, rather, enough that you can't fit only caps in there. And going all caps does give up on a potential slew of fleetwide bonuses.

I do wonder if max battlesize should be turned down to 400 by default, though - I think that range makes more sense with all the other changes. Since with objectives, the maximum total is 120% of the max - 60% for each side.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:49:51 PM by Alex »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »

Stepping back, though - conceptually, I think it's better for officers to generally be assigned to a specific ship, instead of having a fleet of a bunch of different ships for every occasion with officers transferring between them. It's less hassle all around, right - neither transferring officers nor having to figure out what gets auto-assigned how when you deploy. And having officers be associated with a specific ship just feels more right to me.

You heard it here first! Mercenary officers will bring their own ships! But can't be transferred!

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2020, 12:36:45 AM »

Reminds me of the mod Starship legends for starsector where the longer u keep a officer in a ship the better the ship performs because the ship is more loyal or whatever the crew likes them more

Edit: Btw cant wait to hire the ISS Black Star as an Mercenary Officer XD Would be epic if they came with their own customized ship too
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:32:29 AM by Satirical »

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2020, 05:38:58 PM »

Reminds me of the mod Starship legends for starsector where the longer u keep a officer in a ship the better the ship performs because the ship is more loyal or whatever the crew likes them more

Edit: Btw cant wait to hire the ISS Black Star as an Mercenary Officer XD Would be epic if they came with their own customized ship too

Great mod, I think it would make a great addition to the core game.

errorgance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »

alex, do officers for hire now come with their own reputation stats with other factions? Can you gain "contacts" by hiring an officer? can you gain/lose reputation with factions by hiring/firing an officer?

Sedrido

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2020, 05:40:51 PM »

Perhaps you could make a subset of officers called sergeants who could auto deploy to frigate/destroyer grade ships you deploy in battle without lieutenants they can start with 1 base +1 per skill for a total of 4 and to reign in their power as it would be very powerful limit them to level 10 unlike the 20 used for lieutenants
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]