Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good Combo of Ship Mods?  (Read 2651 times)

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Good Combo of Ship Mods?
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:44:06 PM »

I want to make my first foray into Star Sector modding, but I don't know where to start.

What I'm looking for right now are mods that adds more ships with a vanilla feel in all three categories. So far the only mod I've found that seems to do this is the Ships/Weapons Pack https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11018.0

Id' download more ship packs, but I'm afraid if I did they would be unbalanced against eachother and the game at large.

What are some good mods you can recommend for a vanilla + experience?

Also, how difficult is it to delete a faction from the game but keep all their ship blueprints for yourself?

Example, I'm interested in the ships from Dassault-Mikoyan and Diable Avionics but only for my exclusive use. Is there an easy way to do this?

I wish there was a mod that implemented some sort of research mechanic that was compatible with other mods that let your characters faction "design" ships and weapons from mods themselves.   
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:34:55 PM by StarScum »

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
Re: Good Combo of Ship Mods?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 11:59:35 PM »

On Starsector wiki there is a guide by Vayra about modding, check it out, it will help you a lot. And about blueprint research, i don't remember well, but i think that there is a mod that adds some sort of what you mentioned.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Good Combo of Ship Mods?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 04:50:23 AM »

Also, how difficult is it to delete a faction from the game but keep all their ship blueprints for yourself?

Example, I'm interested in the ships from Dassault-Mikoyan and Diable Avionics but only for my exclusive use. Is there an easy way to do this?

I think you can use Nexerelin and then ban these factions in game start. Blueprints are still available for you to explore ruins and research stations.