Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: remnant blueprints  (Read 2796 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
remnant blueprints
« on: February 06, 2020, 01:40:25 PM »

for my new playthrough due to RP reasons i need to be able to build the remnant ships.

so far i've spawned them in for my player controlled fleet but now i need blueprints for the system defense fleets. is there a mod that does this and can be safely added to a existing save?

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: remnant blueprints
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 03:26:54 PM »

Okay so you've said you spawned them in your fleet but i don't know if you used the console command mod or not.
If you haven't then i assume that you got rid of the unboardable tag in the ship_data.csv so what i want you to do is go into your game and see which blueprint packages you have and then add that blueprint tag to the ship_data.csv. So if you have the midline_bp unlocked for your fleets then add this to the Tags(remmant, midline_bp). i would advise making a copy of the stock ship_data.csv before doing this in case something goes wrong.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »

sry should have been more prescise. i used console command mod with the addship command so far.

when editing the ship_data.csv you mean the "vanilla" one in \Starsector\starsector-core\data\hulls?

am i right that would then extend to all saves running from this starsector folder? i don't want that. so instead copy this file into a new folder say remnant_bp\data\hulls and then for the ships / fighter_bps i add the midline_bp to the right location near the end where there is only ,,,, now?

at any rate i'll backup everything and try it.

thx!  :)

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 04:41:51 PM »

Alright just tell me if it worked.