Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apep's Guide to Smuggling (Apparently a unique playstyle?)  (Read 4076 times)

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Apep's Guide to Smuggling (Apparently a unique playstyle?)
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 06:32:17 AM »

I'm going to throw my downvote because those Doom loadouts of random, ions, minitacs and ir beams makes me mad. Dooms are a delicate ship that require the full love and commitment that only antimatter blasters can give. To leave them with such sloppy loadouts only shows that OP never truly loved them in the first place.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 07:47:57 AM »

I'm going to throw my downvote because those Doom loadouts of random, ions, minitacs and ir beams makes me mad. Dooms are a delicate ship that require the full love and commitment that only antimatter blasters can give. To leave them with such sloppy loadouts only shows that OP never truly loved them in the first place.
+1
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 08:27:29 AM »

Do you aspire to be the Gatekeeper for uniqueness for this forum or why does his post insult you so much?
Wow, attack the person but not the argument. Why attribute emotions to a post? I could just as easily say that you are mad, or that why does my post appeared to have insulted you greatly?

Since you think the playstyle is unique, what do you think is unique?

Trading is not unique. It's normal. Smuggling is not unique. What is his point of comparison, as a first post, to even determine what is unique or not? If he was lurking he would know it is not unique.

It's not even a good guide to smuggling. Especially since he doesn't really go into the campaign aspect of dodging sensor circles and avoiding dangers and seems to favour the Wayfarer which being cargo inefficient, relatively slow and without shielded cargo hold is a relatively poor choice for smuggling compared with Hound and Cerberus.

Making a fleet of frigates and choosing skills in order to be stealthy and fast on the campaign map to smuggle better is not unique. I advise multiple times to do. In fact I advised in another thread those same skills before he posted his thread. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17854.0

Making multiple colonies and producing from blueprints is not unique. Playing with multiple dooms is not unique though playing with a pure fleet of them maybe, simply because it is fairly inefficient when you have other options and you got no range to do much of anything.

Sadly, not even
You are money. You are god. They can't destroy your planets, and they can't destroy you. You're the demon they talk about in Folk stories that can never be beaten. Only temporarily sealed as you come back with your Doom fleet. Your officers your undying minions. Your planets the undestructible phylacteries of your immense majesty.
At this point you can probably start trying to begin the game tbh
is unique as people love to boast about their infinite reserves of money when they have colonies set up.

Again I will write that he didn't trade/smuggle with dooms or phase ships. Judging by the low level officers with carrier skills and thinking that he can outdeploy fleets with a mere 17 dooms, he hasn't been doing much combat either.

Don't get me wrong, people should post their fleets more often, but this is just a monofleet of obviously produced dooms with randomly produced weapons, without even the care or attention to prioritise weapons or to autofit them.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 04:14:31 PM »

^^^ lol

The post that keeps on giving!

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 10:03:08 PM »

I don't understand what's funny about standing against dishonesty. If anything, orca commendable, if frivolous in this case.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 08:43:48 AM »

vvv lol
^^^ lol

The post that keeps on giving!
Let's not mock other people's posts please.
Pages: 1 [2]