Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.2 || Standalone Pack || Update 02/28 [YREX]  (Read 77621 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Faced weird bug, i added this mod and search for id of new hullmods to add them in to memory of my character (i very often redact my save file, for example - every time i start new game i add all hullmods just because i don't like early game stage when you not able to fit your ships properly) then they appear in refit menu, as usual. But for some reason ships with any type of "forges" doesn't generate resources, however these hullmods actually affect stats of ships like cargo space and fuel usage. Ofc i had required resources in my inventory. I thought that happens because i applied new mods in to existing save, but starting a new game won't help.
Sorry, I missed the first part of your post when I first came around to reply. There are some conditions for the forges to do their work. First and foremost, the items are process at the end of every day. You'll notice the sound effects, your items getting consumed, and the text alerts when this happens.

Second, most forges require a combination of items. For example, you can't just have volatiles to produce fuel. You need heavy machinery in your inventory as well, though they are not always consumed during this process.  Also, and I think this *might* be the problem you faced - you need to have free space in your inventory equal or greater than the daily production.

Also, in the next update, all the forge mods will have been added to all vanilla factions, so they will be more easily obtained!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Update 0.3.0

I. Changes

- Changed Forge Ship hullmod. It now cannot be mounted to modules. It won't auto-remove itself, so if you have an existing modular ship with forge mods all over, it won't change.
- Added all forge hullmods to vanilla faction lists to make them easier to hunt down.
- Gave the following hullmods to Nexerelin starts of several vanilla factions:
  • Luddic Church: Forge Ship, Shipborne Smelter
  • Luddic Path: Forge Ship, Manufacturing Bay
  • Pirates: Forge Ship, Manufacturing Bay
  • Player (Own faction start): Forge Ship, Antimatter Centrifuge, Shipborne Smelter, Manufacturing Bay
  • Sindrian Diktat: Forge Ship, Volturnian Aquarium

II. Fixes

- Fixes Alpha Core issues with Mob-Run Business District and Privateer's Haven
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:27:14 AM by creature »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Patch 0.3.1

- Fixed an error with Fuel Forge that makes it stop producing fuel long before your tanks are actually full.
- Increased volume produced by Fuel Forge to stack up better against fuel costs when travelling.
- Actually made forge ship mod to be unmountable on modules (first method didn't work)
- Greatly reduced CR cost of forging.
- Forgot to add a changelog to the last version: Added Lithovore Strip Miner to common shiplists.

Lailani

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ugh.. I have really hard time finding Shipborne Smelter.
Been all over the galaxy, all Ludic Church systems included (as you mentioned it can be found in their markets). Crab Aquariums are like everywhere kek, but smelter, or any other forge sub-mod just dont exist anywhere QQ

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Ugh.. I have really hard time finding Shipborne Smelter.
Been all over the galaxy, all Ludic Church systems included (as you mentioned it can be found in their markets). Crab Aquariums are like everywhere kek, but smelter, or any other forge sub-mod just dont exist anywhere QQ
That's quite unlucky, haha. Just keep at it! If you can find the aquariums then you can find the others in the same places. I'm also doing a playthrough right now, and in my case, the one I found last was the fuel forge. I absolutely leapt on the chance to buy it; even turning in an Alpha Core for the bounty cause I was short on cash! ;D

iceball3

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, I looked at the updated mod's info.json and the version line still says this:

"name":"Nijigen Extend",
   "author":"Created by creature.",   
   "version":"0.2.0",,
Is this for a specific library version, or is the line out of date?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hey, I looked at the updated mod's info.json and the version line still says this:

"name":"Nijigen Extend",
   "author":"Created by creature.",   
   "version":"0.2.0",,
Is this for a specific library version, or is the line out of date?
Ah, sorry, just forgot to update that file. Don't worry about it. :P

iceball3

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ahh, dandy!
Also, if i could make a suggestion, do you think you could make it so that the forgeships could proc every week, as opposed to every day? With the associated increase of production, that is, 7 days of work triggered once every 7 days. They're pretty awesome, but when travelling they really spam things up, due to the shortness of days.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Ahh, dandy!
Also, if i could make a suggestion, do you think you could make it so that the forgeships could proc every week, as opposed to every day? With the associated increase of production, that is, 7 days of work triggered once every 7 days. They're pretty awesome, but when travelling they really spam things up, due to the shortness of days.
Hmm, if it's the message spam that's getting to you, I suggest going to settings.json - you can enable and disable some of the notification settings for the forges there! An issue with weekly updates is that it opens up some options for cheese, i.e. only adding forge modules at the start of the week for the update, then removing it again. Daily updates coincide with many engine updates, such as ship maintenance, so it's better suited there.

iceball3

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ahh, dandy!
Hmm, if it's the message spam that's getting to you, I suggest going to settings.json - you can enable and disable some of the notification settings for the forges there! An issue with weekly updates is that it opens up some options for cheese, i.e. only adding forge modules at the start of the week for the update, then removing it again. Daily updates coincide with many engine updates, such as ship maintenance, so it's better suited there.
Another way to go about it would be to store reports of the yields from manufacturing and print out a notification, either weekly or as part of the monthly income report, perhaps?

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You forgot to make the special market not a blackmarket that you take a relations and suspicion hit for buying/selling from it.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just comparing the vanilla markets, I believe it's due to it having an owner. (Which I'm also assuming is to limit the items to player only?)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

You forgot to make the special market not a blackmarket that you take a relations and suspicion hit for buying/selling from it.
Thank you for the report! Must be a setting I forgot to change, since I copied that bit of code from the vanilla black market. I'll try to have it fixed by the next update!

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This is one of my must-have mod! Well done!
By the way, i have some suggestion:
- I'm not sure why our crew can live through a year chewing iron plates and alloys. Supplies are not made just from metal only, it contain rations for crew too, so at least to make supplies, should contain food in it (for immersion).
- There should be an option for ships to create foods from Organics, like "Artificial garden" which consume ratio of 1 organics to 5 food. This will support creating supplies in the mid way.
- Finally, can we have an option to allow forge ship hull mod on modules? which greatly reduce it's production, but allow a small amount of goods to be produced? I have a huge ship with multi modules named "Flying Fortress" which eats planets to explore the galaxy. Blocking hull mod from it's module is quite a loss

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

x = (maximum possible) operations per day
y = units used per operation
z = units used per day (x * y)
u = units of resources available

4x * 1y = 4z

This results in you being unable to smelt / process resources, if z is higher than the amount of resources you have, despite you having enough for 1 operation, aka. the value of y
This could maybe be avoided if you do something like this:

At the end of the day, you check IF dividing u by y is <1. If yes, then don't process the resource, as a "full" operation cycle can't be performed.
If no, then round down the result r1 = upper limited of operation cycles based on remaining resources
Do the same with any secondary resources needed in producing a resource, like f.e. the transplutonics in the process of making supplies to deduce r2, r3, r4 etc.

Let's do a new calculation, with the following variables:

p = units produced per operation
f = free cargo / fuel space available (depending on the resulting product in question)

Check IF dividing  f by p is <1. If yes, then don't process the resource, as a "full" operation cycle would result in the cargo / fuel going over the limit.
If no, then round down the result s = upper limit of operation cycles based on remaining space

Now check which is the smallest number between all of the r1, r2, r3 etc., the upper limit for operation cycles based on remaining space s and x. This will be called m (multiplier)
Multiply the resources needed for an operation cycle, each individually by m to get the total used and produced goods per day.

Of course that's one hell of a bother and I don't know if it would cause any lag or if it's even in your interest as the maker of this mod. As always, I really love your mods dude. Sorry if this was intrusive / rude.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:34:53 AM by Hiroyan495 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8