Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.2 || Standalone Pack || Update 02/28 [YREX]  (Read 77644 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.2.0 || Expansion Pack || Update 02/12 [YREX]
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 04:50:50 AM »

Update 0.2.0
WORK IS HARD

I. Changes

- Made the Lithovore's Radar move.
- Added Linked Hull (Copied from Dark.Revenant's SWP, no requirement changes) to the Lithovore, allowing its ships to visually thrust along with the main body. That's it, really.
- Slightly changed the behaviors of name Antimatter Centrifuge, Shipborne Smelter and Manufacturing Bay - they now eat a little CR when forging. WORK IS HARD. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOUR CREW SIGNED UP FOR.
- Also, all forge mods have been made removable even outside of port, to control when you want to start and stop converting.

II. Secrets

- Just a silly little game I thought might be fun to do.
- As mentioned in a previous post, there is a super-secret method of controlling the performance of the Forge mods. I won't spoil it, of course, but I will give you one clue. And whoever finds it first will 'unlock' the secret for everyone. Their name will then be posted in a sort of leaderboard in the OP!

So here's it is: 'They are in the place where things are set.'
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:57:29 PM by creature »

kerghnox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.2.0 || Expansion Pack || Update 02/12 [YREX]
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 11:14:36 AM »

Mob Run Business is basically a free 50k a month, I think you should up the stability hit. Right now the only negative is it uses up a slot. Also, is it supposed to cost nothing to build?

CKCritter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2020, 06:19:28 PM »

starsector/mods/YREX/data/config/settings.json
Has some fun settings, and a 40k Ork

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »

starsector/mods/YREX/data/config/settings.json
Has some fun settings, and a 40k Ork
Hahaha! Congratulations!  ;D

You've unlocked the Forge Mod secret! Yes, all of the production and costs, even how many times the refinements for each hullmod can be found in settings.json! You can set it freely to whatever values you want, but I recommend trying the default settings first - these were carefully set to give a small merchant's profit from buying raw materials and selling off finished goods!

In fact, this is true for all 3 mods with Forge Mods! You can go over ARIA and YRXP's settings to check and fiddle around with the values of the hullmods added by them!

At the same time, you've also revealed a secret property of the volturnian aquarium! Volturnian Lobsters have a mating season (set also in settings.json), where if you feed them during that period, their reproduction rate explodes!

Would you mind if I put your name in the leaderboard? If not, I'll just set it to anonymous, although people browsing the thread might see this post anyway.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:26:37 PM by creature »

CKCritter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 06:26:27 PM »

Go ahead
Love the mod by the way

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2020, 06:27:09 PM »

Go ahead
Love the mod by the way
Great!

And thank you for saying so!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »

Mob Run Business is basically a free 50k a month, I think you should up the stability hit. Right now the only negative is it uses up a slot. Also, is it supposed to cost nothing to build?
I'll consider increasing the stability! Though the building really is just a way to spend your excess stability to begin with, and when given an Alpha Core (this adds a 2nd stability hit), it might just overwhelm the excess stability and become a net drain (thus making it useless).

Yes, it's supposed to cost nothing, because the way I envisioned it to happen is for the government to just do nothing (thus costing nothing) while gangsters set up shop. This can take some time (thus the long build time), but once it's finished, there really isn't anything for the government to do other than rake in protection money - that is, protecting the gangsters from the government. Win-win, right?

zorbak27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 06:57:09 AM »

Alpha core bonuses seem to be bugged..
Mob-District keeps the +25% increased income even if alpha core is removed and the Pirate Den bonus doesn't even work!

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 12:04:52 PM »

Having to remove the Forge hullmods when you want them to stop manufacturing stuff is annoying and clunky, it also means you can't use them effectively for their passive bonuses. Can you implement a campaign ability that just completely halts all Forge production when activated? I find myself not wanting to use them at all as they are just a hassle (or disabling their manufacturing in settings), which is a shame as all the other content is pretty neat. Maybe the missile storage explosions could be a bit less...ridiculous as well. A single EMP hit or sticky fighter basically being a death sentence is stupid punishing, especially if the ship isn't piloted by a player who is aware of the fact they are basically flying a nitroglycerin bomb instead of a warship.

Not sure if I got this across properly in my last post, but any chance you can add optional (i.e. default set to 0) additional commodity requirements to the Forge hullmods, such as the option to require an amount of organics, volatiles, etc to create supplies in addition to their usual requirements? Supply Forging does this very well.

Also, is there any issue with using non-integer or 0 values in the settings? If a forge is set to use 0.5 or 0 of a thing or produce 0 or 0.25 of a thing per day will that cause problems?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:48:51 PM by PreConceptor »

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2020, 11:51:47 PM »

The Interstellar Mall on it's base setting consumes wayyyy too much CR to be even worth it. The sales you make from selling various trade goods to chimozek (the best place there is to sell) at +100 relations doesn't even cover the cost of supplies to recover CR from selling stuff. I need to tweak it to remove the CR cost and massively increase the income gained from selling, otherwise it's not worth it .

To everyone else that's reading, you need to adjust the values to make the mall worth it. Haven't tried the other stuff yet.

Interesting ideas though.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2020, 12:15:33 AM »

Alpha core bonuses seem to be bugged..
Mob-District keeps the +25% increased income even if alpha core is removed and the Pirate Den bonus doesn't even work!
Ahh, I keep getting this issue and I keep forgetting to fix it! Sorry about that. Next patch, for sure!

Having to remove the Forge hullmods when you want them to stop manufacturing stuff is annoying and clunky, it also means you can't use them effectively for their passive bonuses. Can you implement a campaign ability that just completely halts all Forge production when activated? I find myself not wanting to use them at all as they are just a hassle (or disabling their manufacturing in settings), which is a shame as all the other content is pretty neat. Maybe the missile storage explosions could be a bit less...ridiculous as well. A single EMP hit or sticky fighter basically being a death sentence is stupid punishing, especially if the ship isn't piloted by a player who is aware of the fact they are basically flying a nitroglycerin bomb instead of a warship.

Not sure if I got this across properly in my last post, but any chance you can add optional (i.e. default set to 0) additional commodity requirements to the Forge hullmods, such as the option to require an amount of organics, volatiles, etc to create supplies in addition to their usual requirements? Supply Forging does this very well.

Also, is there any issue with using non-integer or 0 values in the settings? If a forge is set to use 0.5 or 0 of a thing or produce 0 or 0.25 of a thing per day will that cause problems?
Thank you for your feedback!

I'll consider the campaign ability option, but I'm personally rather iffy about it because the control bar is already filled to the brim with stuff, and you'll need to replace them if you want to use them... In any case, unless you're ferrying raw materials from one place to another, I imagine you'd just want to let the forges do their stuff in the background. They don't actually cost anything to run apart from their CR penalties, which are below the base CR replenishment rate, and once there aren't any more materials to refine, they'll stop on their own.

With regards to the ammo dump and flux batteries, well, with great power comes great responsibility, I'm afraid. To begin with, the primary reason for this mod being created was to separate them from YRXP and to add them in a separate minifaction, therefore removing them from vanilla BPs while still giving the player access to them. The AI simply is unable to make use of these very special items because Starsector wasn't made with them in mind. But you can!

...however, I am considering giving the AI some bonuses when using them. Down the line maybe the ammorack effect can be a bit more lenient if the ship is AI piloted? I don't know. I don't actually know yet how to consistently check if the ship is AI piloted, so...

The Interstellar Mall on it's base setting consumes wayyyy too much CR to be even worth it. The sales you make from selling various trade goods to chimozek (the best place there is to sell) at +100 relations doesn't even cover the cost of supplies to recover CR from selling stuff. I need to tweak it to remove the CR cost and massively increase the income gained from selling, otherwise it's not worth it .

To everyone else that's reading, you need to adjust the values to make the mall worth it. Haven't tried the other stuff yet.

Interesting ideas though.
Thank you for the feedback!

I'm pretty sure I took into account the supply cost of the CR loss into the profit equation...  ??? I'll double check it to make sure! I haven't actually done any research as to what the 'best' place to sell is, but Chicomoztoc is certainly a place to sell *more*, given its sheer size. The actual profits will be dictated by the current economic conditions at the time, namely supply and demand of the goods you're selling. (Does it have light industry? I can't recall - but if it does, you don't want to be selling Domestic and Luxury goods there. You're probably selling at a loss or near it, thanks to the concession stands. Maybe try lobsters and other exotic goods.)

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.1.1 || Expansion Pack || Patch 02/04 [YREX]
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »

Contrary to the hullmod description, it actually increases BaseRepairRatePerDay and BaseCRRecoveryRatePercentPerDay by 50%; but it does nothing about fuel usage, if \mods\YREX\data\scripts\hullmods\yrex_FuelForge.java is any indication.
You're right, just looked at the code and it seems I forgot to edit the effects line right after copying it from the refinery forge. Tehe- :P

I tried your updated version 0.2. Thx for fast patch!
I think the Antimatter Centrifuge still don't work :/

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.1.1 || Expansion Pack || Patch 02/04 [YREX]
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:22 AM »

Contrary to the hullmod description, it actually increases BaseRepairRatePerDay and BaseCRRecoveryRatePercentPerDay by 50%; but it does nothing about fuel usage, if \mods\YREX\data\scripts\hullmods\yrex_FuelForge.java is any indication.
You're right, just looked at the code and it seems I forgot to edit the effects line right after copying it from the refinery forge. Tehe- :P

I tried your updated version 0.2. Thx for fast patch!
I think the Antimatter Centrifuge still don't work :/

Can confirm. 2 forge ships, but no decrease in fuel consumption nor fuel production.

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2020, 10:58:27 PM »

Is A&C Co-op supposed to be considered a black market?

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »

Is A&C Co-op supposed to be considered a black market?

Same with the market at the koluon space station are considered black markets.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8