Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.2 || Standalone Pack || Update 02/28 [YREX]  (Read 77632 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Nijigen Extend
Download v.0.3.2 for 0.96a

newest version, 0.3.2; bugfixes, new art replacing vanilla placeholders

Mod Requirements:
LazyLib
GraphicsLib
MagicLib

Integrated with:
* Important: Do not use this mod with any lower version of YRXP.
Yuri Expedition v.2.0.0 or more
Aria the Escalation
Version Checker V2.0

* Important: Before updating, always make a save copy just in case!

Secrets

How to control the output of forge ships - UNLOCKED!
Finder: CKCritter
Clue: They are in the place where things are set.
Secret: All of the important values of all forge mods in YREX, YRXP and ARIA are exposed in each mod's settings.json! While I recommend playing with the default values first, you can set them to whatever values you want, in case you want to fine-tune its balance to how you like to play, or just want to try God mode for a bit.

Addendum: Did you know Volturnian Lobsters have a mating season? Well, if you have this mod installed, they do! This is also set in settings.json, and if you have an active Volturnian Aquarium during those months, you can just sit back and watch your lobster numbers explode! (but only if you feed them, of course)
[close]

I. Summary:

This mod is an standalone expansion pack for Yuri Expedition and Arian Empire. It contains the strange ideas I come up with that are either larger than either mod, or are silly and don't belong. These features include:

- Utility weapons - Items that are mounted on weapon slots but don't fire - instead giving unique bonues
- Forge Ships - Hullmods that allow the production of goods from the comfort of your own ship.
- Criminal Industries - Colony buildings that bring in money directly, but can negatively impact your colony in other ways.
- Agreus-Caparice Tech Cooperative - Adds a market in Agreus (Vanilla) and Caparice (YRXP), A&C Co-op, where you can buy the gadgets offered by this mod.

If you wish to only have these features but not install either faction, you can!

II. Utility Weapons:

* Important: These were part of Yuri Expedition, so if you have been using YRXP pre-2.0.0, and then update to the latest version of that mod, then you MUST also install this mod if you wish to continue your current save.

Engineering Bay / Maintenance Center / Emergency Repair Gantry

This low-tech utility repairs the ship's armor around the weapon. Larger mounts repair a larger area and do so faster. They can be disabled, wherein the repair process stops, but resumes again when the weapon is repaired.

Flux Battery / Flux Battery Array / Auxiliary Flux Core

This new high-tech utility 'weapon' will recover flux (even hard flux) equal to its ammo stores (500/1500/5000) when the ship goes over 50% of its maximum flux. Its sounds great, but don't get ahead of yourself! If the weapons get destroyed, the flux they've absorbed is released in the form of several EMP arcs that bounce around the ship! If you're not careful, Flux Batteries can arc into other Flux Batteries and they next thing you know, you have a completely disabled ship in the middle of an enemy fleet!

Reserve Ammo Magazine / Spare Ammo Dump / Backup Armory

This one comes in the mid-line BP and it restores the ammo of missile weapons that have the same or smaller size than its mount! That, too, sounds great, and I bet you're raring to try out your infinite reaper ship, but just like the previous one - it has a fatal drawback. If this weapon is disabled, even just by stray EMP, the entire magazine will explode, and permanently disabling the weapon. More than that, it does 1000 High-Explosive damage straight into your hull for every remaining ammo in the magazine! If you want the power, you're gonna take on the risk! Enjoy your ticking time bombs!

III. Forge Ships:

Adds several hullmods that allows a ship to produce and convert goods as time passes. All of these hullmods are dependent on the Forge Ship hullmod being mounted first - this gives the ship one (1) slot to mount any of the forge mods below:

Antimatter Centrifuge - Produces fuel from volatiles. Passively improves the ship's fuel economy.

Shipborne Smelter - Produces Metals and Transplutonics from Ores and Transplutonic Ores. Passively improves the ship's repair rate.

Manufacturing Bay - Produces Supplies from Metals and Transplutonics. Passively increases the max ammo of all of this ship's weapons.

Volturnian Aquarium - If you have at least 2 volturnian lobsters in your cargo, feeds Food (commodities) to them and lets them reproduce. Passively increases this ship's CR recovery rate.

This mod also adds a new ship (seen in the banner) which comes with the forge mod, and a related, if silly, mission.

-- Demo --

IV. Criminal Industries:

* Important: These were part of Yuri Expedition, so if you have been using YRXP pre-2.0.0, and then update to the latest version of that mod, then you MUST also install this mod if you wish to continue your current save.

Mob-Run Business District - Greatly increases the colony's overall income at the cost of stability.

Privateer's Haven icon by Mayu - Adds a pirate patrol and gives a steady income at the cost of a lot of stability.

V. Agreus-Caparice Tech Cooperative:

Everything added by this mod - weapons, hullmods and ships are available at the new submarket added at Agreus (Vanilla) and Caparice (YRXP). This fixes the problem I've found where the AI mounts these very special items in the absolute worst ways - crippling their own ships in the process. This way, these are now exclusive to the player! (Please use responsibly!)

Spoiler
[close]

VI. Special Thanks:

For providing their high-quality sprites free for the community to use:
HELMUT

The decals are made by these talented artists:
Tamomoko
koruri
tomono rui
g.haruka
okita
moyashi
miorine
mozuo
geduan
asuteroid
robert knight
aamond
u.s.m.c
h2so4
honzawa yuuichirou
sibu
ddal
ryosios

Special art for commodities, structures and hullmods:
Mayu
Tamomoko
koruri
tomono rui
g.haruka
okita
moyashi

For coding and internals-related help:
Alex
Histidine
Sundog

For scripts and references (especially on faction creation):
Linking hull behaviors between parent and child modules - Dark.Revenant

Again, a big thank you to the Starsector team, who created this wonderful game that has, by now, claimed hundreds thousands of hours of my life.

And finally, you. Thank you for trying out YREX. I hope you enjoy it!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 10:03:25 PM by creature »

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile

Wow! Finally, some utility for weapon mounts!
Hello!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile

I like all this except the new industries, stability is MUCH more important than any income these industries can give. (money isn't a problem to begin with once you get your first colony up and going and start making profit.)

Also, is it possible to get blueprints for these new weapons?

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

Arian Empire
Hmmm... There's no mod with that name... bigthunk.jpg
On the left half of the Bell curve

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Arian Empire
Hmmm... There's no mod with that name... bigthunk.jpg
Arian Empire
It takes me a really long time to make these posts! Hee hee.

Now I'm off to edit YRXP's mod page! Please wait!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Download for Nijigen Extend is now online!

Wow! Finally, some utility for weapon mounts!
Those are actually from Yuri Expedition, but now you can use them without installing a new faction!

I like all this except the new industries, stability is MUCH more important than any income these industries can give. (money isn't a problem to begin with once you get your first colony up and going and start making profit.)

Also, is it possible to get blueprints for these new weapons?
Yep! A&C Co-op has its own blueprint set for those.

And the new industries have some extra effects too, so you might consider getting them anyway!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:02:28 PM by creature »

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Agreus-Caparice Tech Cooperative - Adds a market in Agreus (Vanilla)
If you wish to only have these features but not install either faction, you can!

Your mod sounds very cool!
So I don't need to start a new game? Actually I don't use Yuri Expedition v.2.0.0 or Arian Empire.

Edit: It seems to work :)
Screenshot
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:26:22 AM by Zoro89 »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yup! That's the idea behind adding one market in Agreus! ;D

Enjoy!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile

And the new industries have some extra effects too, so you might consider getting them anyway!  ;)

kk, you picked my curiosity, so i'll find out myself now. ;)

Thanks!

MrRicey

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Love the mod, but not sure why, but now the modspecs are causing a crash for me later down the campaign :l
Is it possible to have the criminal industries without them?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Love the mod, but not sure why, but now the modspecs are causing a crash for me later down the campaign :l
Is it possible to have the criminal industries without them?
Unfortunately, no. It already took quite a bit of effort to separate this mod from Yuri Expedition, so I don't wish to spend more time on it instead of making new stuff.

If you would like, I could help you out in resolving that crash. If you could go to starsector.log and find the related error log (usually at the bottom of the file, if you crashed out of the game), I might be able to fix the problem!

MrRicey

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Spoiler
203051 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J$1.oO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J$1.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.O0oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oOOo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
The crash occurs if there's a modspec for the forgeship hullmods in the player's inventory when pulled up, but also in Agreus's Market if one is there too
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:29:05 PM by MrRicey »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.1.1 || Expansion Pack || Patch 02/04 [YREX]
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 04:35:47 AM »

The crash occurs if there's a modspec for the forgeship hullmods in the player's inventory when pulled up, but also in Agreus's Market if one is there too
Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate this issue... can you give me a bit of info about your game?

- Was this an ongoing game that you installed YREX?
- If so, did you have Yuri Expedition before installing YREX?
- Are you using randomized sector?
- You mention that the game crashes when you pull up the player inventory, wherein you have a modspec for a forgeship hullmod. Can you tell me which one?
- Since it apparently crashes when you pull up the inventory, or Agreus' market where it's sold, how get you get your hands on that modspec?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 04:36:45 AM »

Patch 0.1.1
Forge Maintenance

I. Fixes

- Fixed crashing issue with all forges, when loading a game.
- Added description for Lithovore-class Strip Miner.

There is also a hotfix out for Aria, which has the same crashing issue with their forge. However, since the thread is locked, please send me a private message and I will give you a link to download the fix!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:44:02 AM by creature »

MrRicey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 12:39:58 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't seem to replicate this issue... can you give me a bit of info about your game?

- Was this an ongoing game that you installed YREX?
- If so, did you have Yuri Expedition before installing YREX?
- Are you using randomized sector?
- You mention that the game crashes when you pull up the player inventory, wherein you have a modspec for a forgeship hullmod. Can you tell me which one?
- Since it apparently crashes when you pull up the inventory, or Agreus' market where it's sold, how get you get your hands on that modspec?

Your patch fixed it thanks mate! Old save even works again too!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:54:49 PM by MrRicey »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8